Professional Web Applications Themes

Firefox-Plugin - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

"Dieser Vorgang kann f?r diesen Entwurf nicht ausgef?hrt werden. Der Entwurf ist ung?ltig, da eine Sperre aufgehoben wurde und der Entwurf m?glicherweise bereits von einer anderen Instanz bearbeitet wurde. Contribute entfernt diesen ung?ltigen Entwurf von Ihrem Computer." Welche Sperre? Welche Instanz? Wie kann ich aus Firefox bearbeiten? Frohes Fest! Greetings TM3d...

  1. #1

    Default Firefox-Plugin

    "Dieser Vorgang kann f?r diesen Entwurf nicht ausgef?hrt werden. Der
    Entwurf ist ung?ltig, da eine Sperre aufgehoben wurde und der Entwurf
    m?glicherweise bereits von einer anderen Instanz bearbeitet wurde.
    Contribute entfernt diesen ung?ltigen Entwurf von Ihrem Computer."

    Welche Sperre? Welche Instanz? Wie kann ich aus Firefox bearbeiten?

    Frohes Fest!

    Greetings TM3d

    TM3d Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Firefox-Plugin

    "You can't perform this action on this draft. The draft is invalid because a
    lock has been broken and another instance might have already acted on the
    draft. Contribute will remove this invald draft from your machine"

    He look, it says the same in English ;-)

    I hoped the plugin would be a work-around for me since Contribute itself is
    absolutely responding too slow or not at all.
    No show, so far.

    Happy holidays to you too, BTW

    Ingrid

    MacMuis Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,
    Can you please try the workaround tech noted at
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/kb408112[/url] for the desktop client.
    1. Edit the same page in desktop client and then publish or discard the same.
    2. Edit the same page again in the browser using the Firefox plugin.

    -m

    m gupta Guest

  4. #4

    I have a client who just upgraded to Contribute CS4 (as did I). He is using
    Safari version 3.2.1; Firefox 3.0.5; and Mac OS 10.4.11.

    He was also getting that same message: "You can't perform this action on this
    draft. The draft is invalid because a lock has been broken and another instance
    might have already acted on the draft. Contribute will remove this invalid
    draft from your machine." and has been unable to publish his edited page.

    I had him move the two files (see instructions for kb408112) to the Mac Trash
    Can. He then reopened Contribute CS4, edited the page and clicked Publish...
    but received the same error message. He's getting pretty frustrated and wants
    to put CS3 back on his computer so he can make the changes he needs/wants to
    make to his web page/s. What can I say?

    karindpowell Guest

  5. #5

    1. Quit contribute and Clear the CS4 preferences.
    [(a) under "user/Library/Preferences" delete the file "Adobe Contribute 5
    Preferences".
    (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS4" remove this
    folder ]

    2. Rename the existing CS3 preferences.
    [(a) under "user/Library/Preferences" rename "Contribute 4.1 Preferences"
    (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS3" rename this
    folder.]

    3. Launch CS4 and freshly connect to the website.

    4. Create a new page and Publish.

    5. Now edit the same page in Contribute and Publish again. ? Does this work?
    If yes then edit the same in Browser.

    Hope this helps in solving the issue.

    Shilpa_ Guest

  6. #6

    We'll try it soon.... probably no later than January 20th.
    karindpowell Guest

  7. #7

    By retaining back the old preferences it stands in the same situation.
    The step 1 is required. But Step 2 is dependent on Contribute CS3 exists or
    not.

    1. Quit contribute and Clear the CS4 preferences. So that a new clean
    preferences for Contribute CS4 are created freshly.
    [(a) under "user/Library/Preferences" delete the file "Adobe Contribute 5
    Preferences".
    (b) under "user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Contribute CS4" remove this
    folder ]

    2. Rename the existing CS3 preferences. If you do not have Contribute CS3 then
    ignore this step.

  8. #8

    Okay, he tried that and is now getting "Another instance of Contribute is doing a workflow operation"... I have started a new topic with that exact name in the General Discussion area.
    karindpowell Guest

  9. #9

    lock files are being created everytime you would edit a page so other users
    wont be able to alter the same page.
    there will be a corresponding file with a .LCK extension for every file that
    is being edited.

    If you are having issues editing the file and no body else is editing it, try
    to delete the .LCK file on your server and see if that will help you edit the
    page again.

    jheycie Guest