Professional Web Applications Themes

fireworks button does not allow me to rename buttons - Macromedia Fireworks

Can anyone tell me how I can make it so when I make more than one button so that I can rename the second button so it will read differntly from the first button. This pop-up box opened and asked me something and I shut it down and now I can not rename the buttons. If I do they all rename themselves the same thing as the button that I wanted to change. com...

  1. #1

    Default fireworks button does not allow me to rename buttons

    Can anyone tell me how I can make it so when I make more than one button so that I can rename the second button so it will read differntly from the first button. This pop-up box opened and asked me something and I shut it down and now I can not rename the buttons. If I do they all rename themselves the same thing as the button that I wanted to change. com

    kjhljgkjgv Guest

  2. #2

    Clone the first button and move it to the desired location.
    With the cloned button selected change the name in the PROPERTY INSPECTOR
    and not in the button symbol editor

    Eddie
    pipex.com

    "kjhljgkjgv" <com> wrote in message
    so that I can rename the second button so it will read differntly from the
    first button. This pop-up box opened and asked me something and I shut it
    down and now I can not rename the buttons. If I do they all rename
    themselves the same thing as the button that I wanted to change.
    com

    eddie Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, coach!
    The "pop-up" was probably the "change all instances, or current only?" message. You can usually get this back by clicking COMMANDS>RESET WARNING DIALOGUES. I think you must be using FW4, so... the text label on your buttons can be changed by:
    Select the button instance and change the text label using text box in the "Object" panel. Answer "Current" to the pop-up q which appears. The problem here is that (depending on how you build the button) the individually altered buttons will no longer be subject to any global changes you may wish to apply to your navbar (e.g. if you decided later that you wanted to change all of the buttons' background colour. You would be forced to edit every single button). For that reason alone, it is worth considering creating your text labels as separate "nested" buttons inside the main button. That way, you can alter text and still keep full global editability of the button array. This is, as far as I can see, no longer an issue in FWMX.
    FWMX - change the text label in the "Properties" inspector. That's all there is to it!
    Hope this helps!
    John Mc

    Heck! I'm trying hard, at least!

    pyroteknix.co.uk