Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks buttons in nav bar - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

How can I use a 4-way button created in Fireworks in a Dreamweaver Nav bar? How do I define the states of the button in the nav bar?...

  1. #1

    Default Fireworks buttons in nav bar

    How can I use a 4-way button created in Fireworks in a Dreamweaver Nav bar? How do I define the states of the button in the nav bar?
    Murfrider Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fireworks buttons in nav bar

    Is there any reason why you can't use CSS for this?

    I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but it will make it a heckuva lot cleaner
    and easier to update rather than using a 4 state graphical button.

    Check this site out....

    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

    macapples Guest

  3. #3

    I'm looking for the easiest, cleanest way to do nav bars! I am horrible with graphics but would like nice buttons. I'm checking out the site you suggested now, thanks for the tip.
    Murfrider Guest

  4. #4

    CSS does a lot of wonderful things, but unless you have mad skills, and the
    images you created in Fireworks aren't ridiculously large files, I see no
    reason whatsoever why you should drop them for the sake of CSS.
    If you will settle for just 2 images, Dreamweaver has the wonderfully simple
    Rollover Image choice in the top bar for "Common" functions.
    If you'd like to use all 4 images, I suggest you use the "Behavior" functions
    in your right menu, here you can choose what image to use for onMouseOver,
    onMouseDown etc.

    By all means I do not suggest to ignore the magic of CSS, but I'm very
    sceptical to the current trend of using it at any cost.

    Urbanwytch Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: Urbanwytch
    CSS does a lot of wonderful things, but unless you have mad skills, and the
    images you created in Fireworks aren't ridiculously large files, I see no
    reason whatsoever why you should drop them for the sake of CSS.
    If you will settle for just 2 images, Dreamweaver has the wonderfully simple
    Rollover Image choice in the top bar for "Common" functions.
    If you'd like to use all 4 images, I suggest you use the "Behavior" functions
    in your right menu, here you can choose what image to use for onMouseOver,
    onMouseDown etc.

    By all means I do not suggest to ignore the magic of CSS, but I'm very
    sceptical to the current trend of using it at any cost.[/q]

    No reason whatsoever? You should advise him that his menu won't work if JS is
    disabled. The code Fireworks spits out for a navbar is awful and a pain to
    update, even at a modest size. Make sure he knows any time he has to update the
    nav bar he has to go in and change the nav bar graphical file. This also limits
    the functionality of DW template features where 1 nav bar update with CSS on
    the template page takes care of ALL the pages in about 2 minutes.

    macapples Guest

  6. #6

    I think what I am going to do is use the DW nav bar with graphics I'll have to
    create (buttons of some sort). They work easily in a template and I have some
    experience doing navigation this way. I really need to learn more CSS.

    Murfrider Guest

  7. #7

    Have you read up on w3 schools very helpful
    sickest4u Guest