Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks Hangs When Launching from Dreamweaver - Macromedia Fireworks

Hi, I created a few graphics for a webpage using Fireworks MX (starting with the image placeholder in Dreamweaver) Fireworks launched fine from within Dreamweaver to create the graphic) but now when I try to launch Fireworks from within Dreamweaver by clicking the edit button Fireworks hangs upon launch and does not respond. I've opened Fireworks independently and everything is fine. I've also clicked the edit button and had Fireworks open already...same result. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Pat...

  1. #1

    Default Fireworks Hangs When Launching from Dreamweaver

    Hi,

    I created a few graphics for a webpage using Fireworks MX (starting with the image placeholder in Dreamweaver) Fireworks launched fine from within Dreamweaver to create the graphic) but now when I try to launch Fireworks from within Dreamweaver by clicking the edit button Fireworks hangs upon launch and does not respond.

    I've opened Fireworks independently and everything is fine. I've also clicked the edit button and had Fireworks open already...same result.

    Any suggestions would be great.

    Thanks,

    Pat

    PattyO Guest

  2. #2

    Hi yea,
    It sounds like your in need of more memory, as when you are using
    dreamweaver for a while both the cpu and pagefile usage go up, then if you
    open fireworks too this is what may cause it to hand, as I had this problem
    before but on getting more ram it didnt happen again. i now have 512 meg of
    ram on a 4

    Regards

    Spud
    "PattyO" <com> wrote in message
    the image placeholder in Dreamweaver) Fireworks launched fine from within
    Dreamweaver to create the graphic) but now when I try to launch Fireworks
    from within Dreamweaver by clicking the edit button Fireworks hangs upon
    launch and does not respond.
    clicked the edit button and had Fireworks open already...same result.

    Spud Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same trouble dreamweaver mx 2004 and fireworks mx 2004.
    However i think the problem is in dreamweaver as if i use dreamweaver mx to edit using fireworks mx 2004 it works fine.
    I tried to check with customer support if there is a fix but they are not interested.

    meself2 Guest

  4. #4

    I dont think memory is the problem. i have 256 meg and i never have a problem unless i am using dreamweaver mx 2004. when the problem does occur because i force it by using mx 2004 my memory usage is still less than 256 meg.
    Dreamweaver mx 2004 also has othe nasties that mx did not have, when i use explorer to preview a page other running applications on my cpu are closed down with errors previewing with netscape is ok.
    Come on macromedia, sort it out.

    meself2 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi again,

    Thanks for the replys folks but I don't think memory is the culprit. I'm on a new P4 w/ 1024 RAM...

    Any other suggestions??

    Thanks again in advance,

    Pat

    PattyO Guest