Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks MX 2004 customized keyboard not working - Macromedia Fireworks

setting the customized keyboard shortcut for fireworks will not work after restarting the programe. I have to reset the shortcut for it to work again and restarting the program will lost the setting again. anyone have the same experience? no problem with flash and freehand...

  1. #1

    Default Fireworks MX 2004 customized keyboard not working

    laihuattan webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Have you made a custom set already? You can modify the Standard set.

    If so, you might be experiencing the famous shortcut bug. Sometimes
    custom shortcuts won't anymore work in Fireworks. Go to the shortcuts
    window and select an alternate set; Press ok; and then return again and
    choose your modified set again; press ok again. It should now work.

    Try that.

    --

    I hope this helps,

    Coen

    "People will always talk about you, especially when they envy you and
    the life you live. Let them... you affected their lives, they didn't
    affect yours."
    _______________________________
    Please, don't E-mail me about Fireworks questions. Post them on the Forum.

    E-mail : ccnk at home.nl
    ================================
    Enhance Fireworks with these Productivity Resources

    *** DevNet ***
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/[/url]
    *** Styles ***
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/articles/style_samples.html[/url]
    [url]http://wetworks.nl/freestyler[/url]
    [url]http://richiebee.ca/fireworks.htm[/url]
    *** Flash Panels ***
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/studio/articles/fw_command_in_flash.html[/url]

    ccnk Guest

  3. #3

    Yes, duplicated the macromedia standard set.
    Have you made a custom set already? You can modify the Standard set.

    My shortcut works, BUT the CUSTOMIZED shortcut (eg. CTRL + ALT +A) I set will be gone the next Fireworks restart. Any idea, I need to have all the shortcuts configured like FHMX shortcut.

  4. #4

    Throw away (delete) your old file and reassign all the shortcuts again.
    This should remedy the problem. Shortcut sets can sometimes be a real
    pain. It happens frequently to me also.