Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks MX 2004 "unexpectedly quit" - Macromedia Fireworks

After using it troublefree for a while, suddenly my FW 2004 starts crashing at startup. I am on OS X 10.3.2 Although my Powerbook came with Panther preinstalled, and theproblem was different than most descriptions, I decided to try and run the HotFix upgrade. This worked, so I was happy, however, after re-registering it only starts up once. Then it is back to unexpected quits at startup. This has eaten all my time whole day.. I am getting sick of it. Also, the Extension Manager fails to start. Same trouble. Even after installing both FW and the EM, there is ...

  1. #1

    Default Fireworks MX 2004 "unexpectedly quit"

    After using it troublefree for a while, suddenly my FW 2004 starts crashing at startup. I am on OS X 10.3.2
    Although my Powerbook came with Panther preinstalled, and theproblem was different than most descriptions, I decided to try and run the HotFix upgrade.

    This worked, so I was happy, however, after re-registering it only starts up once. Then it is back to unexpected quits at startup. This has eaten all my time whole day.. I am getting sick of it.

    Also, the Extension Manager fails to start. Same trouble. Even after installing both FW and the EM, there is no improvement.

    Does this sound familiar to anyone? Please help. Thanks.

    Castor611 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fireworks MX 2004 "unexpectedly quit"

    I have tried to determin where it goes wrong....
    The indicator in the splash screen loads styles, then (starts with) filters and then crashes!

    Castor611 Guest

  3. #3

    After some time of nosing, reactivating and so on, without any improvement, I removed the Alien Skin plug ins. Now Fireworks starts again. Anyone any idea what causes these things? Even after a reinstall!

    Castor611 Guest

  4. #4

    The problem is Macromedia s? on the Mac. I'm still having to use Fireworks 4 because of all the terrible horrible bugs that Macromedia has in their programs. Come, f-ing on, in Fireworks MX on the Mac you can't copy and paste text out of the damn program. How ridiculous is that!!

    I feel for you,

    F-ing Macromedia

    FingMacromedia Guest

  5. #5

    "FingMacromedia" com wrote:

    You need to polish your messages if you expect an answer to your problems.

    --
    John
    John Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks for the sympathy. You've got a point, although your comments are a bit crude.

    I have very mixed feelings about studio MX 2004, I love some of the new functions like the advanced CSS implementation, but the instability and lack of speed are frustrating. This is more so annoying when a bug is doented on every forum I know, like the missing palettes and there's no sign of a fix. I hope these things are fixed before MM comes asking me to shell out for MX 2005, or I'll feel forced to take my business elsewhere.

    Castor611 Guest

  7. #7

    I apologize for the crudeness, I've just been so angry with Macromedia for so long. Today was just the last straw.

    Hopefully someone who can do something will see these comments and understand the frustration that we're feeling and they'll work on some good ol' Quality Control.

    Have a great day,

    F-ing Macromedia

    FingMacromedia Guest

  8. #8

    Hopefully someone who can do something will see these comments and understand the frustration that we're feeling and they'll work on some good ol' Quality Control.

    Have a great day,

    I am hoping already! Have a bugfree day!

    Castor611 Guest

  9. #9

    If you expect that someone from MM is going to stumble across these and
    profit from them, you're probably mistaken, since these are user-to-user
    forums, and not an official communications vehicle.

    If you have something that you want to say to MM, or that you feel
    Macromedia should listen to, then you will have to contact them directly.
    You have called them with these other issues, right?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "FingMacromedia" <com> wrote in message
    so long. Today was just the last straw.
    understand the frustration that we're feeling and they'll work on some good
    ol' Quality Control.

    Murray Guest

  10. #10

    "FingMacromedia" com wrote:

    Although I can feel for you, it's hard to help at this point... from
    what I read, you might be coming across something already doented in
    technotes... can't tell.

    For a prior poster, if you found that removing one set of plugins
    consistently removed the problem, and adding them back in consistently
    reproduced the problem, then that's an important clue. A good next step
    would be to compare versions of each to your OS version, and use the
    archives to check whether others have used the same combo successfully
    or not:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?group=macromedia.fireworks

    jd

    --
    John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco CA
    Soapbox column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/

    John Guest