). I was able to create a NavBar using Fireworks, store one instance of it in a separate folder, and successfully reference it from within all of my other ASP pages. However, I ran into a problem where my links did not match my directory structure (bad planning on my part) so I decided to change my directory rather than my NavBar. Ever since I made thechange I have had nothing but problems. For some reason when I add the NavBar to any new folder with a new ASP page I get a JavaScript error when the page loads. Sometimes I can view the page just fine from a browserwithout seing the error, but when I hit the site using the URL manually the error creeps back up. None of my other pages which are using the exact same NavBar HTML have any problems. I have re-exported the HTML many times without success. Any ideas? > >Here is a link to the site. > >[url]http://portal.imagesourceinc.com/magellan/index.asp[/url] > >If you click on any of the links under 'Human Resources' you will get the error. Otherwise you wont. If I am not explaining myself well enoughlet me know. Any help is appreciated, thanks. > >Tyson > > > > >Referring URLs >[url]http://portal.imagesourceinc.com/magellan/index.asp[/url] > > > > > >[/quote] Hi Tyson: I get an error in line 37: "menu" is undefined. That would mean that the call to a function named "menu" is not being completed or it's not finding the function in an external file. If you are using Pop-up Menus, check to see if the link to the external .js file is correctly encoded. I recommend using site root relative paths when you do this kind of thing. -- enthusiastically, mark haynes fireworks product team liaison macromedia customer care Please post all replies to this forum Responses to the forum are more effective for everyone. For Fireworks support, go to: Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => <3F4D2E1C.2080407@macromedia.com> [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => mark haynes [ip] => supportinfo@mac [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Fireworks NavBar not working with ASP - Macromedia Fireworks

Fireworks NavBar not working with ASP - Macromedia Fireworks

"ImageSource" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote: >I have seen many problems on this discussion board pertaining to Fireworks NavBars not working with server side includes (<!-- file="somefile.htm" -->). I was able to create a NavBar using Fireworks, store one instance of it in a separate folder, and successfully reference it from within all of my other ASP pages. However, I ran into a problem where my links did not match my directory structure (bad planning on my part) so I decided to change my directory rather than my NavBar. Ever since I made thechange I have had nothing but problems. For some reason ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Fireworks NavBar not working with ASP

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes
    fireworks product team liaison
    macromedia customer care
    Please post all replies to this forum
    For Fireworks support, go to:
    <http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/complimentary/>

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  2. #2

    I am having the same problem.

    on a page generated from a template with the name page.htm --menu works.

    on the same page.htm but just renaming it page.asp and adding simple ASP code in the head tags--menu does not work.

    The .js file include is properly mapped otherwise the page.htm would not work.

    Please help..

    Thank you in advance.

    Sam

    samgirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hello Sam, do you have a page URL?

    --

    Karen Boyle, PVII Support
    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    > I am having the same problem.
    >
    > on a page generated from a template with the name page.htm --menu works.
    >
    > on the same page.htm but just renaming it page.asp and adding simple ASP
    code in the head tags--menu does not work.

    > The .js file include is properly mapped otherwise the page.htm would not
    work.

    > Please help..
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > Sam

    Karen Boyle Guest

  4. #4

    Hello Karen,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I uploaded the files for you to see but apparently in the LIVE server environment the FW popup menu WORKED.

    I was using winME with PWS to test locally and I was able to see my ASP code working, but just the menu not working the way it's supposed to.

    Before I uploaded, I read every post here on MM about this subject and followed Mark Haynes' suggestion about putting the functions on a separate include file which I remembered reading from Drew McLellan's VERY informative 'Five Steps' article. Also checked if my code was out of place like you suggested earlier but it wasn't. Both of these suggestions are great.

    For a few hours I was struggling with this dilemma and thought I was going to have to use other popup menu alternatives but it turns out that my winME has issues with PWS which is something I also read about somewhere.

    I saw about 10 posts on this subject here and I hope this helps those who are in a similar situation.

    samantha

    samgirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest