Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks Tables in dreamweaver. - Macromedia Fireworks

I have a problem! help! I am making webpages in fireworks, but rather than having graphical txt, I want HTML dreamweaver txt. So in fireworks I draw a big slice where my text is going to go, then I export to dreamweaver. I then in dreamweaver delete the slice I have made so i can put the txt in the space. The only problem I have is that when its previewed in a browser and someone selects to enlarge the txt from the internet explorer options, it warps my template. Any suggestions people??...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Fireworks Tables in dreamweaver.

    gettin jarred webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    gj:

    There are several work-arounds for this depending on your specific example.

    Do you have a url we can check out?

    --
    Kevin French

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Fireworks

    -Download a 30 day trial of Fireworks MX 2004
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/software/[/url]

    -Visit the new Fireworks MX 2004 Developer Center
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fireworks/[/url]

    -Visit the Fireworks Support Center
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/[/url]

    "gettin jarred" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have a problem! help! I am making webpages in fireworks, but rather than
    having graphical txt, I want HTML dreamweaver txt. So in fireworks I draw a
    big slice where my text is going to go, then I export to dreamweaver. I then
    in dreamweaver delete the slice I have made so i can put the txt in the
    space. The only problem I have is that when its previewed in a browser and
    someone selects to enlarge the txt from the internet explorer options, it
    warps my template.

    > Any suggestions people??

    :::Kevin French::: Guest

  3. #3

    the problem with my dreamweaver text is that in fits exactly into this slice, Im happy with the size of the text within the doent but is there a way to constrain this text so it wont change size in a browser?

    The text is surrounded by fireworks slices and if I write anymore text or change its size it warps. I need to fix the size of the text somehow?

    cainesy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Cainesy:
    > is there a way to constrain this text so it wont change size in a browser?
    No. There is no way to prevent a contemporary browser from resizing your
    text. Many surfers rely on this capability to enable them to read your
    pages.
    > The text is surrounded by fireworks slices and if I write anymore text or
    change its size it warps. I need to fix the size of the text somehow?

    You would need to construct your page very carefully and in ways that you
    cannot do by simply slicing the entire image and exporting it as HTML. You
    would have to isolate the text region to its own table area so that changes
    to this table's size did not distort other regions around it. This can be
    done in FW by only exporting specific slices with HTML and then reassembling
    them in DW, but I prefer to use only HTML that *I* create in DW for such
    cases.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "cainesy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > the problem with my dreamweaver text is that in fits exactly into this
    slice, Im happy with the size of the text within the doent but is there a
    way to constrain this text so it wont change size in a browser?

    > The text is surrounded by fireworks slices and if I write anymore text or
    change its size it warps. I need to fix the size of the text somehow?

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    To be honest I dont have much of an idea what you mean there. Im only a student! I've seen pages with html txt (which can be highlighted) inside a fireworks table and changing the I.E text size makes no difference at all. Thats what I need to achieve.

    Explain it to me as if I was 12 years old or something! lol

    take a look at [url]www.upperedgemedia.com/ryan/seo[/url]

    Its got lots of grey boxes with squares in unfortunately but maybe you can still see what Im trying to do. Im using older versions at college of FW and DW but have got trial versions and am confused!

    cainesy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest