Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks text extremely small - Macromedia Fireworks

The text on my tabs, in the properties window and in the layers window is extremely small and pixelated... how can I adjust this? I can't read what the tabs say... I am using a Dell Inspirion 8500 so the screen is LCD and is wide, but I've tried it at 800 by 600 with the same result. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....

  1. #1

    Default Fireworks text extremely small

    stepheneliotdewey@yahoo.c webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fireworks text extremely small

    Start menu > Control Panel > Display Properties > "Appearance" tab >
    Font size (3rd optionbox) > click it and choose Large Fonts > click Apply

    The result isn't that much of a difference, but your characters are
    somewhat bigger.

    In Fireworks itself you can't control this.

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

    Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.

    Thank you.

    E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    "stepheneliotdeweyyahoo.c" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > The text on my tabs, in the properties window and in the layers
    window is extremely small and pixelated... how can I adjust this? I
    can't read what the tabs say... I am using a Dell Inspirion 8500 so the
    screen is LCD and is wide, but I've tried it at 800 by 600 with the same
    result. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Coen Naninck Guest

  3. #3

    I agree with the "loose parts of the UI" part, but if you resize the
    window and then maximise again, that issue is also solved. At least, on
    my system it is. However, i'm also working at 1600x1200 and at lower res
    setting this might not work.

    I'll keep in mind the Font advice. Thanks for that Linda.

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  4. #4

    By the way Linda, it's lose (with 1 "o") ;-0

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  5. #5

    On 7/21/2003 11:28 AM, Coen Naninck wrote:
    > I agree with the "loose parts of the UI" part, but if you resize the
    > window and then maximise again, that issue is also solved. At least, on
    > my system it is. However, i'm also working at 1600x1200 and at lower res
    > setting this might not work.
    >
    > I'll keep in mind the Font advice. Thanks for that Linda.
    The ones to check for are Small Fonts and MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18.
    Check their properties for the MS Dos name "smalle.fon" and
    "sserife.fon". These two fonts are used for the Fireworks interface. If
    they are not present, then your system is substituting another font for
    the correct ones.

    If these fonts are correctly installed and the display properties
    correctly configured, you should get a correct display of the fonts in
    the user interface.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  6. #6

    maximise

    On 7/21/2003 11:29 AM, Coen Naninck wrote:
    > By the way Linda, it's lose (with 1 "o") ;-0
    >
    > Coen Naninck wrote:
    >> I agree with the "loose parts of the UI" part, but if you resize the
    >> window and then maximise again,
    By the way, that's maximize (with a z) ;-)

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------

  7. #7

    Default Thanks for the advice but...

    I checked my font list and all of the fonts are already installed. I double clicked on the fonts to see what they look like, and the text that I am getting looks a lot like the size 18 version of "Small fonts." I thought this was sort of strange, because why would "Small fonts" have a size 18? Also, I checked and I do have "ClearType" font smoothing engaged. I tried "standard" font smoothing but it didn't help. I also looked at some of the Macromedia configuration files, but I couldn't find anything regarding the default font size.

  8. #8

    Default Re:Thanks for the advice but...

    Just to clarify, what I am getting looks like a much _smaller_ version of Small Fonts size 18. I am willing to go into the configuration files if necessary, I just need some direction. Thanks!

    stepheneliotdewey@yahoo.c webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  9. #9

    Grrrr... But then again, isn't that just American spelling?
    I tend to use pure English as opposed to American English. For example,
    I never write "color" but always "colour".

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  10. #10

    You can also turn off the font smoothing.

  11. #11

    <<<You can also turn off the font smoothing.>>

    But will that help? It's certainly not smooth now!

    stepheneliotdewey@yahoo.c webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  12. #12

    I hope you're joking :-)

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  13. #13

    Then don't do it. Stay with what you had. I don't have any futher advice
    for you. Sorry. :-)

  14. #14

    They don't, but your rootlanguage comes from it.

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  15. #15

    Here's a sample of the root language (5th to 12th century AD).

    Eft he axode, hu re eode nama wre e hi of comon. Him ws geandwyrd,
    t hi Angle genemnode wron. a cw he, "Rihtlice hi sind Angle
    gehatene, for an e hi engla wlite habba, and swil gedafena t hi
    on heofonum engla geferan beon."

    It always looks more Germanic or even Scandanavian than English to me.
    Anyway, it bears little resemblance to modern English of the British or
    American variety, not to mention the Australian, Canadian, and South
    African varieties.

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------

  16. #16

    Linda Rathgeber wrote:
    > Here's a sample of the root language (5th to 12th century AD).
    >
    > Eft he axode, hu re eode nama wre e hi of comon. Him ws geandwyrd,
    > t hi Angle genemnode wron. a cw he, "Rihtlice hi sind Angle
    > gehatene, for an e hi engla wlite habba, and swil gedafena t hi
    > on heofonum engla geferan beon."
    >
    > It always looks more Germanic or even Scandanavian than English to me.
    > Anyway, it bears little resemblance to modern English of the British or
    > American variety, not to mention the Australian, Canadian, and South
    > African varieties.
    To my knowledge, German and English indeed share the same root language
    and it is indeed germanic or saxon as in "anglo-saxon". Scandinavian and
    other "slavic" languages have completely different origins if I remember
    anything from my linguistics courses. Don't take my word for it
    though... that was a loooonng time ago... ;-)

    Stphane

    Stphane Bergeron Guest

  17. #17

    "stepheneliotdeweyyahoo.c" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Guys, this thread is supposed to have as its topic my problem with
    > Fireworks. When you spam it with this other stuff, it just makes it
    > more likely that other users will ignore the thread completely...
    What version of Windows are you using? Have you turned font smoothing
    on? If you're on XP try to turn ClearType on. Also, have you checked if
    the font "smalle.fon" is installed on your system?

    Also, check the following technote. It is for Dreamweaver but may apply
    to your problem:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/ts/doents/system_fonts.htm[/url]

    HTH!

    Stphane Bergeron

    Stphane Bergeron Guest

  18. #18

    But I wasn't referring a root to the Germanic language, I meant the
    original English language. If i'm correct, then the US changed the UK
    language over time. Americans are descendants of the British aren't
    they? (I'm asking here, not stating anything by the way).

    --
    Good luck!

    Coen Naninck
    _______________________________

  19. #19

    Linda - W98SE - I've tried 'all the above' - all the fonts are there, but I have a sort of 'Gothic' script now on all the menus - nothing like the screenshots. Changing via Control Panel does nothing to the windows inside FW.

    catherine wheel webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  20. #20

    English has been referred to as "Lower German". :)

    BR

    "Coen Naninck" <ccnkhome.nl> wrote in message
    > You are right about that.
    >
    > Linda Rathgeber wrote:
    > > Here's a sample of the root language (5th to 12th century AD).
    > >
    > > Eft he axode, hu re eode nama wre e hi of comon. Him ws geandwyrd,
    > > t hi Angle genemnode wron. a cw he, "Rihtlice hi sind Angle
    > > gehatene, for an e hi engla wlite habba, and swil gedafena t hi
    > > on heofonum engla geferan beon."
    > >
    > > It always looks more Germanic or even Scandanavian than English to me.
    > > Anyway, it bears little resemblance to modern English of the British or
    > > American variety, not to mention the Australian, Canadian, and South
    > > African varieties.
    > >
    > > Best regards,
    > > Linda Rathgeber
    > > ----------------
    > > Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    > > Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    > > Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    > > Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    > > Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    > > -----------------
    > >

    > --
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Coen Naninck
    >
    > Please do not E-mail me with questions about Fireworks issues. Post them
    > on the Forum instead. All the time I have left to spend in this Forum
    > can't be contributed to also answering questions outside the Forum. It
    > just takes too much time and it doesn't help the rest of the world.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > E-mail & MSN: [email]ccnkhome.nl[/email]
    > Corporate: [url]http://www.wetworks.nl[/url]

    Bill Ray Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast