Professional Web Applications Themes

Fireworks VS Photoshop gif optimization. - Macromedia Fireworks

Hello i have exported gif image from fireworks with this settings: Gif, adaptative, 256 colors. Result is a gif with 28 colors in color table :-O. Same settings in Photoshop, result is a gif with 256 colors in color table with better render. Why? Bye bye and thx....

  1. #1

    Default Fireworks VS Photoshop gif optimization.

    Hello i have exported gif image from fireworks with this settings:
    Gif, adaptative, 256 colors.
    Result is a gif with 28 colors in color table :-O.
    Same settings in Photoshop, result is a gif with 256 colors in color table
    with better render.
    Why?
    Bye bye and thx.

    Nik Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fireworks VS Photoshop gif optimization.

    Nik wrote:

    Which number of colors did you set it to when you exported? How many
    colors were in the image to begin with?

    Linda Rathgeber
    Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    Linda Guest

  3. #3

    > Which number of colors did you set it to when you exported?

    256

    Millions or more, i think.

    Bye

    Nik Guest

  4. #4

    There has to be something wrong with your export settings... if you want,
    you can send the Fireworks PNG that generates this GIF to
    nf.net and I'll have a look... let me know what version of
    Fireworks you're using too.

    Out of curiosity, I tried a test with a photograph using Photoshop 7 and
    Fireworks MX 2004. Not only did Fireworks render better (Photoshop left
    some very noticable black dots where it didn't dither properly), but the
    Fireworks file was also more compact.

    Rich

    "Nik" <it> wrote in message

    Richie Guest

  5. #5

    Nik wrote:

    > 256

    > Millions or more, i think.[/ref]

    Is it a photographic type of image or is it more a line art and text
    type of image? If the former, why are you exporting it as a GIF? the JPG
    format is usually much better suited for images with millions of colors.
    With hybrid images then you have to experiment and compromise but it
    will be hard to help any more without seeing the actual image.

    Stéphane
    Stéphane Guest

  6. #6

    Richie Bee wrote:

    Which is usually the case. I have yet to see Photoshop export a better
    looking Web optimized image than Fireworks. At the same size, Fireworks
    exports much better looking optimized images and at equal quality,
    Fireworks files are usually smaller. It's really no contest there.

    I'd also be curious to see the actuall image and the export settings.

    Stéphane
    Stéphane Guest

  7. #7

    Stéphane Bergeron ha scritto:

    > Which is usually the case. I have yet to see Photoshop export a better
    > looking Web optimized image than Fireworks. At the same size, Fireworks
    > exports much better looking optimized images and at equal quality,
    > Fireworks files are usually smaller. It's really no contest there.
    >
    > I'd also be curious to see the actuall image and the export settings.
    >
    > Stéphane[/ref]
    I must use a gif cuz i work inside a Cms and only gif be accepted.
    Can't send png file, i'm no working in this days, but inside are mask,
    transparence, and live effect. It's first time that Firework wrong
    exported gif.
    Bye n thx.
    Nik Guest