Professional Web Applications Themes

Fix the Forums - Macromedia ColdFusion

Adam Cameron wrote... Q: The search page breaking: A: "err... yeah, we know. You can just press the 'reload' button and that usually fixes it". ~~~~~~~~~~~~ I got problems like this too, however, I did not have the problem when I logged in....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Fix the Forums

    Adam Cameron wrote...

    Q: The search page breaking:
    A: "err... yeah, we know. You can just press the 'reload' button and that
    usually fixes it".

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I got problems like this too, however, I did not have the problem when I
    logged in.

    sir earthquake Guest

  2. #2

    The NNTP feed seemed to go down over the past weekend, but hey, it came back
    up!

    The forums are a part of support, but they are not support. They are for
    users to chat and help each other. The CF dev team is here in force because
    we just spend over a year working on CFMX 7 and we want to make sure there
    is as much help available. Note that I am not making new features or even
    fixing bugs - I am reading the forums. Soon I will want (and YOU will want)
    me to go back to what I do best. :-)

    As far as 'fixing' them - I don't know what to say about that. The search
    is lame - well OK whatever. Maybe we should complain to fuseTalk (who will
    then point out its *our* search technology - ouch!).

    I will say that I have never had problems using the web interface - and the
    fact that I choose not to may say more about how old school I am rather than
    that it is broken.

    To summarize: Not much the dev team can do except encourage the owner
    (Support) to make it better. But not really sure what 'making it better'
    means. Giving a contact person to complain to?

    --
    Tom Jordahl
    ColdFusion Dev Team

    Tom Jordahl Guest

  3. #3

    I'm actually mnore annoyed by the rediculous flash ap they use for the
    exchanges. I get it. You created and sell Flash. Then you go on to give a
    glaring example of what NOT to to with Flash. What ever happened to just
    simple HTML using coldfusion. Might actually make it usable.

    mikechyu Guest

  4. #4

    > The CF dev team is here in force because
    > we just spend over a year working on CFMX 7 and we want to make sure there
    > is as much help available. Note that I am not making new features or even
    > fixing bugs - I am reading the forums. Soon I will want (and YOU will want)
    > me to go back to what I do best. :-)
    Absolutely, don't expect you guys from the CFMX7 programme to do anything.
    Except maybe flick an email to someone saying "the natives are restless".
    > As far as 'fixing' them - I don't know what to say about that. The search
    > is lame - well OK whatever.
    Well - sorry Tom - *no*, not "whatever".

    > Maybe we should complain to fuseTalk (who will
    Well you probably should. But these are MM forums, so as a user of them, I
    consider it's MM's responsibility to sort it out.

    I will note that the forums were much better before you moved to fusetalk
    (can't remember what it was before you shifted).

    Is it MM's implementation of Fusetalk, or is Fusetalk itself not up to
    scratch?

    > I will say that I have never had problems using the web interface - and the
    > fact that I choose not to may say more about how old school I am rather than
    > that it is broken.
    It mostly seems to crop up when searching and when accessing search
    results. If you don't use them...

    > (Support) to make it better. But not really sure what 'making it better'
    > means. Giving a contact person to complain to?
    That would do it.

    Make someone at MM accept ownership of them, so every time I (or anyone
    else) tries to get something sorted out, I don't have to bug all the people
    who I have macromedia.com email addresses for, trying to guilt them into
    finding someone to help me.

    No-one MM seem to admit to being in charge of these forums, and there's
    no answerability. That's as much a problem as the odd performance /
    stability issue.

    Thanks for your input, Tom.

    --

    Adam