Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash 9,0,115 crashes Safari and FF on Intel Mac - Macromedia Flash Player

:confused; I've been having problems on multiple sites for any version newer than 9,0,28 for which I had debug version installed. particularly, both Firefox 2.0.11 and Safari crash on these sites http://www.adobe.com/flashon/?promoid=BLROI http://www.adobe.com/flashon/?promoid=BLROI and on http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/browse?kshow_id=10118 YouTube and Facebook work fine. Facebook video does not work with 9,0,28 anymore. so I'm stuck. any ideas?...

  1. #1

    Default Flash 9,0,115 crashes Safari and FF on Intel Mac

    :confused;

    I've been having problems on multiple sites for any version newer than 9,0,28
    for which I had debug version installed.

    particularly, both Firefox 2.0.11 and Safari crash on these sites

    http://www.adobe.com/flashon/?promoid=BLROI
    http://www.adobe.com/flashon/?promoid=BLROI
    and on
    http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/browse?kshow_id=10118

    YouTube and Facebook work fine.
    Facebook video does not work with 9,0,28 anymore.

    so I'm stuck. any ideas?

    davidshay Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash 9,0,115 crashes Safari and FF on Intel Mac

    i'm having the same problem too...

    i am using mac osx 10.4 and firefox 2.0.8

    does anyone know how to fix this?

    thanks
    denspot! Guest

  3. #3

    Well, I'm on a PPC MAC running X 10.4.11 and Flash 9 (9,0,115,0), but ever
    since installing it, most pages running Flash just will not work. The browser
    hangs complete, and I must Force Quit. I've tried deleting the cache,
    uninstalling and reinstalling, using different browsers, everything. This
    happens regardless which browser I'm using and I have tried all I can find:

    - FireFox
    - Opera
    - Safari

    It's becoming a real issue with so many sites using Flash and particularly for
    the sites I use regularly that have it as part of their interface:

    www.splicemusic.com
    www.reverbnation.com
    www.tribe.net
    www.myspace.com
    www.youtube.com

    I now have issues at every one of these sites, and have noticed the
    freezes/hangs seem to come when advertisements are loading (though I'm not at
    all sure if that is even relevant).

    I did get an out and out crash the other day that I reported to Apple, but it
    is the exception, not the rule... but it also was Flash 9 related according to
    the dump.

    Cienna Guest

  4. #4

    I'd like to hear some machine specs (memory, free disk space) on these systems.
    I'm able to run both http://www.kaltura.com AND our Flashon ads in separate
    tabs in FF 2 on my Macbook pro., no crashing...

    The other thing I'd consider is the possibility of interference with a 3rd
    party startup app or possible a video driver on your machines. One fairly
    simple test of this is to create a new Admin user.. reboot, log in to that user
    and install fresh browsers (or open your existing). Install FP9.115.0 and test.
    See if you can repro the crash with that new user profile.

    If you can, feel free to open web support cases via
    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer.

    BWolfe Guest

  5. #5

    hi,
    here are specs of my machine:
    MAC OSX 10.4.6
    Memory: 512MB
    remaining disk space is 50GB

    Thanks..
    denspot! Guest

  6. #6

    Same problem here.

    Same problem as Cienna: reinstalls don't matter. same problem all browsers
    hang.

    macbook black, core duo, 2 gigs memory
    os 10.4.11 (with all updates)
    safari 3.0.4 / firefox 2.0.11 / opera 9.25 / firefox 3 beta 2

    all crash when i use the debug player 9.0.115.0 on sites as youtube and some
    others with flash ads.
    I have to force stop the apps as i get the osx color wheel of death and the
    browser just stalls...

    problem is that i do flex development and i NEED the debug player....
    It's also annoying that i cannot install different versions of the player in
    the different browsers. Please adobe let us choose to not overwrite the plugin
    for all browsers when i install a player. I want 9.0.28 in firefox and 9.0.115
    in safari. why is that not possible?

    The issue concerns the DEBUG player. I have 6.5 gigs of free space left. so if
    that's the issue then flash player is asking a bit too much.... :)

    please release a new version of the player soon as performance / sound are
    messed up too in 9.0.115.0 I think the best solution is to have as little
    people install that player and bring out a solid new one

    thanx Arnoud

    arie6 Guest

  7. #7

    Problem 9.0.115.0 debug player that stalls browser on osx solved!!!!

    after many problems with the player on osx 10.4.11 i discovered that the file
    rights were not ok. I always log on as admin but somehow the installer of the
    debug player distrubuted with the flex sdk srewed some rights up of files that
    are used by the flash player.

    for details on the issues i had see my previous post....

    solution: go to disk utility and check (and repair) rights...

    et voila, everything works fine again.

    Hope i helped someone with this as it drove me madfor a day (install,
    deinstall etc...)

    cheers Arnoud

    arie6 Guest

  8. #8

    On Jan 8, 8:03 pm, "arie6" <com> wrote:

    Arnoud

    Glad that you fixed your problem but it is not THE cure for the 115
    problems. I have exhaustively tested release 115 and release 47
    against three different browsers (Safari, Camino and Firefox) on a G4,
    an Intel MacBook and a brand new Intel iMac. All running 10.5.1. On
    some websites release 115 is guaranteed to crash these browsers.
    Release 47 does not.

    There is an issue with 115. I opened a case with Adobe but they said
    they couldn't reproduce it and closed the case. Sorry - but there is
    a problem.
    rsinden@tristan.demon.co.uk Guest

  9. #9

    On Jan 9, 9:40 pm, demon.co.uk wrote:

    > Arnoud
    >
    > Glad that you fixed your problem but it is not THE cure for the 115
    > problems. I have exhaustively tested release 115 and release 47
    > against three different browsers (Safari, Camino and Firefox) on a G4,
    > an Intel MacBook and a brand new Intel iMac. All running 10.5.1. On
    > some websites release 115 is guaranteed to crash these browsers.
    > Release 47 does not.
    >
    > There is an issue with 115. I opened a case with Adobe but they said
    > they couldn't reproduce it and closed the case. Sorry - but there is
    > a problem.[/ref]

    Just to add that the latest instal of Leopard 10.5.2 replaces whatever
    Flash plugin you have with the pesky release 115. So if you had
    reverted back to release 47, you'll find problems with the browsers
    crashing again. Just re-install release 47 of Flash and everything is
    OK again.
    rsinden@tristan.demon.co.uk Guest

  10. #10

    If you need to revert to an Flash 9.0.47 on OS X, go to this site and
    download the first archive listed:

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=1

    Important to repair permissions via Disk Utility after the Install.
    2stepbay Guest