Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash 9 Installed but not detected - Macromedia Flash Player

I have installed flash player 9 on my computer. according to adobe's website it's installed however any time i go to a website requiring flash it says that i need to download flash player 9. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times yet the same symptoms occur. the weird thing is that there are two user accounts on my computer. one of them has no problem with flash and the other account does. i've tried setting up a new user account to see if flash would work on another account and it will not. all of the user ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash 9 Installed but not detected

    I have installed flash player 9 on my computer. according to adobe's website
    it's installed however any time i go to a website requiring flash it says that
    i need to download flash player 9. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall
    several times yet the same symptoms occur. the weird thing is that there are
    two user accounts on my computer. one of them has no problem with flash and
    the other account does. i've tried setting up a new user account to see if
    flash would work on another account and it will not. all of the user accounts
    have administrator rights. i am really confused at this point and don't know
    what else to try. i am also running ie7 and this problem didn't start until i
    downloaded ie7. it seems that there are a lot of people out there having
    trouble with flash 9 and ie7. i have tried to email adobe about the issue but
    i have not heard back from them. does anyone have any suggestions. thanks for
    your help in advance!

    Kat0526 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash 9 Installed but not detected

    :mad; having the same problem - installed and uninstalled both flash and my browser - nothing works. Adobe s!
    ggparham Guest

  3. #3

    Ditto here. I think i'm going to try a flash-less life until Adobe truly adresses this bug.

    pjadkins@ Guest

  4. #4

    :sad; Ditto Ditto... I have had the same experience and have been trying to resolve it for a week now...
    MCSD12 Guest

  5. #5

    Same problem here. What site is causing the problem? I was using an old
    computer running Windows XP SP2 Home and just discovered Youtube. Really
    enjoyed it. Now I got a new computer with Windows XP Pro SP2 and can't get
    Youtube to work. This happened with the Macromedia version and with the Adobe
    FlashPlayer. Also, I'm using IE6.

    Is anyone listening to us? Can you hear us now, Adobe?!

    pcgerard Guest

  6. #6

    Whoah, looks like the flash issue I was having ISN'T limited to just me and my
    customer and collegues. I was able to unistall it, but all I could find to
    reisntall was flash 9 since all the popular sites are using it. Anyone
    experiencing crashes with flash 9?

    Katte_Kevorkian Guest

  7. #7

    I am having the EXACT same problem. I try and reload but it says I already have
    it... and can't do anything with YouTube or MSN or Comcast...

    This is irratating. Did anyone get a solution, by chance? Or is everyone just
    asking questions?

    abraxas_365 Guest

  8. #8

    Add me to the list of frustrated IE and Adobe Flash Player users. When I go to
    Adobe and download the newest version of Flash Player, it says that it is
    installed. But various websites i.e. youtube, Cadillac, Home Depot all say I
    need the newest version of Flash Player. I have tried to delete what is on my
    machine but can't even find it in Add/Delete list on Control Panel! What
    gives? I use Road Runner and their home page is flash and I can view videos on
    the homepage?? Can they be running on another program such as RealPlayer? I
    am sooo frustrated because of not being able to view so many sites while paying
    a premium for Road Runner. Are you listening Adobe??? Can you hear me now????

    DONZONI Guest

  9. #9

    I'll add myself to the list of frustrated users as well. I do not understand why Adobe does not respond to this problem.
    Torbinnorsky Guest

  10. #10

    I emailed adobe about this issue sometime last week. I have not heard a
    response. I called Microsoft's IE7 help number and they are trying to help me,
    but have yet to come up with an answer. They think that my user accounts were
    corrupted some how. I told them that doesn't make sense; when I create a new
    user account I cannot add flash player 9. They said they would research the
    issue and get back to me. If they come up with a solution I will let you know.
    I'm starting to think that it's not an IE7 issue, but an issue with Adobe
    Flash player 9, but since I haven't received a response from Adobe, I really
    can't say. I think Flash Player 9 may have corrupted my whole computer and I
    will probably have to start from scratch and re-build it. I will let you guys
    know if I find a solution before it comes to that. I know this stinks, but I'm
    glad it's not just me having problems.

    Kat0526 Guest

  11. #11

    Kat0526 schreef:
    > I emailed adobe about this issue sometime last week. I have not heard a
    > response. I called Microsoft's IE7 help number and they are trying to help me,
    > but have yet to come up with an answer. They think that my user accounts were
    > corrupted some how. I told them that doesn't make sense; when I create a new
    > user account I cannot add flash player 9. They said they would research the
    > issue and get back to me. If they come up with a solution I will let you know.
    > I'm starting to think that it's not an IE7 issue, but an issue with Adobe
    > Flash player 9, but since I haven't received a response from Adobe, I really
    > can't say. I think Flash Player 9 may have corrupted my whole computer and I
    > will probably have to start from scratch and re-build it. I will let you guys
    > know if I find a solution before it comes to that. I know this stinks, but I'm
    > glad it's not just me having problems.
    I have the solution, delete the folowing folder from system32 :micromed
    After that reboot your pc and go to youtube.com. Klik a movie and you
    will get a messagge telling you that you need to have flash. Klik the
    link and install flash. the problem should now be solved :D

    Xcelsion Guest

  12. #12

    Me too.....:disgust; also awaiting response about problem.... was convinced
    it was my PC till I found this thread! I even went back to my old ie but the
    flash problem stayed..... I blamed my kids on messing with the PC and all
    sorts, I am sooooo pi**ed off. An acknowledgement of the problem from 'those
    upstairs' would be good hey...
    don't ya agree?:wink;

    Jacq01uk Guest

  13. #13

    Well, I have figured out that it is just youtube.com... but not youtube videos
    on other sites.

    That is to say that I cannot watch youtube.com files ON youtube.com, but if
    the videos are imported onto other sites, I don't have a problem. Music videos
    and other media are working... but youtube.com isn't. Can anyone help. PLEASE!
    OR JUST SHOW YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM!

    Sheesh.

    abraxas_365 Guest

  14. #14

    Hello there, just registered here.
    We have a serious incompatibility with IE 7 and Adobe FP 9 here!
    Even when downloaded to HD and IE being closed, FP9 will install _silently_
    but not work afterwards!

    IE5.5 had this bug, IE 6 has it too and IE 7 hasn't it got fixed yet: the zone
    bug.
    I added adobe.com to Trusted Sites zone, set security to LOW (!) and really
    enabled each and everything, so as if I wanted to create a huge security hole
    in my PC. Went to adobe.com, tried to install flash player, but the install
    prompt "Do you want to run ...?" did NOT appear.
    So I removed Adobe.com from Trusted sites, closed every other IE window, put
    my system in serious security danger by enabling unsigned ActiveX for Internet
    (!) Zone, but voila, this time it worked!!!
    Trusted Sites zone seems to have a bug that no matter how insecurely you
    adjust your system, yet some ActiveX controls won't get installed.

    bluehaze74 Guest

  15. #15

    :disgust;
    Just want to add that I have the same problem with IE7 and flash 9. If I want
    to see a page that requires flash, I have to use my firefox 5.0. Adobe, please
    let us know when there is a fix.

    Thanks

    Audible Tones Guest

  16. #16

    I've been having the same problem, too. But, what I finally "noticed" today
    (after removing Flash for the umpteenth time) was... when the flash player was
    being installed, it was automatically installing to Netscape (my default
    browser) and NOT Internet Explorer (I use both). Oddly enough, although
    Netscape is my default browser, I use IE most times.

    Sooooooooooooooo, I decided to try the following....

    In my Netscape 7.2 Plug Ins folder were 3 icons for Flash. I copied and
    pasted them into Internet Explorer's (Ver 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2) Plug Ins
    folder.

    Restarted PC
    Visited adobe.com and page info indicated Flash Player was successfully
    downloaded and installed. It appears to be working fine now.

    Hope this helps.

    Good luck,

    beekay72 Guest

  17. #17

    Internet Explorer is my only default browser...

    But I am sure some people appreciate the help. Where the hell is Adobe on this?
    abraxas_365 Guest

  18. #18

    Hi abraxas, thanks for your reply. Sorry my solution didn't help you.

    Something tells me the answer is so obvious we've all missed it.

    This is just a thought so bear with me here...
    Did you check to see if "Set Program Access and Defaults" settings have not
    changed?

    beekay72 Guest

  19. #19

    You can place in on the list.
    So today I decided to upgrade my IE6 to IE7. Went to Youtube and could not
    see the video. So I decided to upgraded the Adobe Flash Player. Yet youtube
    keeps informing me that I don't have it and to install it in order to watch the
    video.
    So for the umpteenth time of installing and uninstalling I still get nothing!
    So I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player 9.0.21.75 Beta and still it doesn't
    work.
    I have Windows XP? I thought for one minute that it was something to do with
    the programs that I deleted today but the only programs I delete was:
    Google Earth,Adobe Photoshop 7.0, and Microsoft Money 2004.
    So have anyone found a solution to this problem?

    Staringatthesky Guest

  20. #20

    This is my problem also... IS there a solution?
    ALGCAP Guest

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast