Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash 9 player in OSX Leopard - Macromedia Flash Player

Is there a release (beta or labs) that fixes the bug in Flash player 9 on OSX Leopard to allow file uploads?...

  1. #1

    Default Flash 9 player in OSX Leopard

    Is there a release (beta or labs) that fixes the bug in Flash player 9 on OSX Leopard to allow file uploads?
    _stoph_ Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash 9 player in OSX Leopard

    Adobe and Apple have been collaborating closely to ensure that our applications
    run well on Mac OS X Leopard. So far that testing hasn't indicated any
    specific Flash Player Leopard problems.

    If you're a developer and you're seeing this on Leopard -please- create a case
    so we can track it: http://www.adobe.com/support/flash. Send back the case
    number when you have it and we'll proceed from there.

    If you're seeing this on an application that worked fine on Tiger, make a case
    double-quick :)

    BWolfe Guest

  3. #3

    After updating to Leopard I found out that uploading with Flash using SWFupload does not work anymore on our community website.
    markosamuli Guest

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: BWolfe [ADOBE]
    Adobe and Apple have been collaborating closely to ensure that our
    applications run well on Mac OS X Leopard. So far that testing hasn't
    indicated any specific Flash Player Leopard problems.

    If you're a developer and you're seeing this on Leopard -please- create a case
    so we can track it: http://www.adobe.com/support/flash. Send back the case
    number when you have it and we'll proceed from there.

    If you're seeing this on an application that worked fine on Tiger, make a case
    double-quick :)
    [/q]

    Hi there, I'm a developer and have reported the case accordingly -- the
    case number is 200484021. Please fix this ASAP.

    Thank-you for your continued hard work.

    kristopher tate
    cto & founder -- zooomr

    Kristopher Guest

  5. #5

    I've gotten a few more reports of this today. After doing some digging it
    appears that this is going to be addressed in the final release of the Flash
    Player 9 update (currently in beta on labs.adobe.com).

    I have to do some further clarification just to be sure. And I think that it
    is -not- addressed by the currently available beta on labs (which is FP
    9.0.r64...)

    BWolfe Guest

  6. #6

    Same problem here with uploading and Leopard. I hope this gets fixed soon!
    wwjdbk Guest

  7. #7

    This is a huge issue for anyone using flash for uploading. We have spent a year
    developing an application that now will not be able to upload using flash. Help
    a brother out here adobe and apple!

    ken

    kenHarper Guest

  8. #8

    This issue has been addressed and will be implemented in the next release of Flash Player.
    Darren Guest

  9. #9

    [q]Originally posted by: Darren McNally - Adobe
    This issue has been addressed and will be implemented in the next release of
    Flash Player.[/q]

    Wow, this very cryptic. What should I tell our hundreds of thousands of users?

    This doesn't just affect us -- recently in Japan, Sony just released their
    RecYou Campaign http://recyou.jp/ which heavily relies on flash uploading...

    Other US-Based sites are affected too, such as Vimeo, which has 100s of
    thousands using it, as well. This is a very big issue.

    What should I tell my users?

    kristopher tate
    cto & founder -- zooomr

    Kristopher Guest

  10. #10

    I would also like to confirm that that this is has not been resolved in the
    latest downloadable release candidate at
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/ , version 9,0,64,0.

    Please advise,

    kristopher tate
    cto & founder -- zooomr

    Kristopher Guest

  11. #11

    How does something this simple get missed in testing? This is so incredibly
    far from obscure. Was the QA process skipped or is that not as important as it
    used to be? If I sound angry, it's because I have a huge video-sharing network
    that is ed right now because of this. I sure hope a fix is coming soon
    'cause Leopard has just started to penetrate the market, when it gets steam -
    wow are the complaints gonna be huge.

    Daryl Guest

  12. #12

    Hi,
    when can we expect an updated beta release of the flash player (with this fix included?).

    Regards,
    Eric, CTO SoundCloud
    Eric Guest

  13. #13

    This is holding me up from upgrading to Leopard!

    -michael.
    Founder of Ataraxis Software
    michaelsica Guest

  14. #14

    We are waiting this fix ..... I have 12 Client Management Systems out of work,
    and one proyect unfinished, i think adobe would give us some answers, for
    example, WHEN will we have this "fix" ....

    Keep waiting ...

    Federico Guest

  15. #15

    I dont understand why nobody from Adobe have notify us, but there is a fix from
    today in adobe labs download zone :

    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer9_update/flashplayer9_install
    _ub_110107.dmg

    Tested, and working.

    Federico Guest

  16. #16

    All,

    This morning we updated the MAC version of the Flash Player 9 Update beta on
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/, specifically to address this
    issue.

    All Leopard users should update to 9.0.98.0.

    BWolfe Guest

  17. #17

    The link in the last post has a comma included at the end which makes it invalid.
    kbear2 Guest

  18. #18

    I have still been having the same problem. I use Myspace for my band, and I
    continue to get the prompt that I do not have the current Flash installed and
    gives me the option to go to the page. I have uninstalled and then installed
    the brand new updated version and when it finishes the installation it opens
    Safari and sends me to the 'adobe about' page and again I get :
     [/ref][/ref]
    ?application/x-shockwave-flash?, but you don?t have a plug-in installed for
    this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this
    page:https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer Do you want to open the
    page?<<<

    Very Frustrated.

    DeadCowboy Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: kbear2
    The link in the last post has a comma included at the end which makes it invalid.[/q]

    Thanks for the catch. Fixed the link....

    BWolfe Guest

  20. #20

    [q]Originally posted by: DeadCowboy
    I have still been having the same problem. I use Myspace for my band, and I
    continue to get the prompt that I do not have the current Flash installed and
    gives me the option to go to the page. I have uninstalled and then installed
    the brand new updated version and when it finishes the installation it opens
    Safari and sends me to the 'adobe about' page and again I get :
     [/ref][/ref]
    ?application/x-shockwave-flash?, but you don?t have a plug-in installed for
    this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this
    page:https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer Do you want to open the
    page?<<<.[/q]

    Your problem is completely different than what we're talking about in this
    thread.

    Your problem is discussed in the thread '[ADOBE] Resolving Mac Flash Player
    install problems 9/2007'. Check that out and you should be able to resolve it
    via permission repair.

    BWolfe Guest