Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash 9 won't play my Captivate 2 published videos - Macromedia Flash Player

I recently received a new computer at work. We create videos with Captivate 2, and the latest versions of Flash (9.115) and Shockwave (10) are installed on the computer. Creating the videos is no problem, but when I Publish them, Flash 9 or Shockwave 10, I'm not sure, will not play the published .swf files. When I try to choose "Open With" I cannot find a file on my computer that is the actual Flash Player. When I click on the file to open it, it gives me an Adobe message that asks me to download an update. I download ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash 9 won't play my Captivate 2 published videos

    I recently received a new computer at work. We create videos with Captivate 2,
    and the latest versions of Flash (9.115) and Shockwave (10) are installed on
    the computer. Creating the videos is no problem, but when I Publish them, Flash
    9 or Shockwave 10, I'm not sure, will not play the published .swf files. When I
    try to choose "Open With" I cannot find a file on my computer that is the
    actual Flash Player. When I click on the file to open it, it gives me an Adobe
    message that asks me to download an update. I download the update, and it says
    it was successful and the new version will be available after Restart. But when
    I restart and try it again, I get the same update message over and over again.
    It still works on my old computer, which has Flash 9.0.47.0 and Shockwave
    10.2.0.23. I'm intentionally dismissihng the update notifications that I
    receive on my old computer for fear getting the same error.

    Any suggestions? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Captivate, Flash,
    and Shockwave, and I've tried downloading the older versions of Flash and
    Shockwave. I can not find a download for Flash 7.0 r14, which is what my old
    computer opens the .swf files with, even though in Add of Remove Programs the
    Flash Player says 9.0.47.0.

    Thanks in advance!

    kaylad24 Guest

  2. #2

    Hi kaylad24,

    Are you on a Mac or Windows?

    How are you trying to view these SWF files, in a browser?

    Are you able to view Flash from this detection site using a browser?

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Darren. I'm on Windows and a pc. No, when you publish a video in Adobe with
    the Flash option, it publishes as a .swf and, on my old computer, automatically
    opens and plays through Flash Player 7. You have the option to publish a .htm
    file with it, which I do, and it opens in a IE browser and plays fine. Yes, it
    says version 9,0,115,0 Installed Successfully.

    kaylad24 Guest

  4. #4

    did you ever figure out a solution for this? i'm experiencing the same problem (big problem!!) here - my Captivate .swf files won't play anymore.
    DTofano Guest

  5. #5

    nope! it's a pain to. I'm having to create them on my Toshiba laptop but review and sometimes edit them on my Dell desktop.
    kaylad24 Guest

  6. #6

    I'm not sure if this is related to the same problem, but I'm using DW CS3 and
    now when I embed a swf file into the html, I can preview on my computer
    locally, however when I post on the hosting server, the swf file does not
    appear. I've tried two separate servers and I've received the same results.
    I've even created a new html file and simply embeded the swf file and uploaded
    to server, same results. Now here's the kicker: If I type the url and point it
    directly to the swf file, it does play in the browser, for example:
    http://bald-head-island-rental.net/flash/Movie1.swf

    If you take a look at the index page where the swf file should be embedded,
    you won't see this same file: http://bald-head-island-rental.net The file
    should play just above "Owners: Aaron and Kelly Williams"

    Thanks!

    bunamun Guest

  7. #7

    I am getting exactly the same problem. Can create the flash file locally, play
    the flash file through the local browser, however when I upload to a web
    hosting server the movie won't play in my HTML code (using Adobe Dreamweaver
    CS3). And also like you've stated, I can go to the movie's direct link and
    play but can't play on my main HTML page.

    Would like to know what's going on, and is this a bug? Do I need update my
    products or something.

    Cya

    apac7777 Guest