Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash app disconnects from FMS after an hour - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

I have developed a Flash chat for a client using FMS2. The application is used by goups of 5-15 people, who will use it for up to 2 or 3 hours in one session, sometimes even longer. Many of our users are complaining that they consistently get disconnected after about an hour. They can usually log back in immediately. Are there any known issues with connections being lost? A second problem I'm facing is that periodically my entire interface(AS2, SWF7) stops interacting properly. No user input(click actions, text input) is received, and several animation scripts stop updating. However, the application ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash app disconnects from FMS after an hour

    I have developed a Flash chat for a client using FMS2. The application is used
    by goups of 5-15 people, who will use it for up to 2 or 3 hours in one session,
    sometimes even longer.

    Many of our users are complaining that they consistently get disconnected
    after about an hour. They can usually log back in immediately. Are there any
    known issues with connections being lost?

    A second problem I'm facing is that periodically my entire interface(AS2,
    SWF7) stops interacting properly. No user input(click actions, text input) is
    received, and several animation scripts stop updating. However, the application
    is still connected and new messages are received. Again, users report this
    behavior consistently after an hour. I know that is an extremely ambiguous
    problem, but I've been going crazy trying to isolate the problem, if anyone has
    even a guess, I'm all ears.

    A few facts about the chat:
    - It uses a persistent RSO to store chat history
    - Chat messages are sent from client to server, and processed by server and
    put in the chat RSO
    - User listing and info is in an RSO, which is created by ther server and
    modified by the clients. It is modified frequently by all clients when they
    type, setting a "isTyping" flag to be rendered by their name on each clients
    user list window
    - I'm using a complex custom message renderer, which includes emoticon support
    and dynamic attach/removal of message clips when scrolled(to prevent
    application slow down as the chat history gets long).
    - Our users I believe are are using somewhat older computer equipment, and are
    fairly minimal in computer literacy/experience.

    Any help would appreciated.

    abeall Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash app disconnects from FMS after an hour

    I solved my interface problem. Long story short I accidentally had an endless
    loop in teh suers RSO that was causing focus to be constantly stolen and placed
    on a certain textfield.

    However, I'd still be interested to know if there are any problems with
    connections dying after an hour, or any amount of time.

    abeall Guest