Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash conflict with Quicktime - Macromedia Flash Player

This isn't exactly a Flash Player problem, however, it is preventing me from seeing any and all Flash videos. Instead they are replaced with the Quicktime logo with a question mark superimposed. Quicktime is somehow trying to read the videos and fails all the time. I fiddled with Quicktime's settings to disassociate it from any and all video formats but it continues to try and read Flash videos. I even uninstalled Quicktime and when I tried to see videos, they are just blank spots on my browser. I have reinstalled Flash Player, but it just shows a quick progress bar ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash conflict with Quicktime

    This isn't exactly a Flash Player problem, however, it is preventing me from
    seeing any and all Flash videos. Instead they are replaced with the Quicktime
    logo with a question mark superimposed. Quicktime is somehow trying to read the
    videos and fails all the time. I fiddled with Quicktime's settings to
    disassociate it from any and all video formats but it continues to try and read
    Flash videos. I even uninstalled Quicktime and when I tried to see videos, they
    are just blank spots on my browser. I have reinstalled Flash Player, but it
    just shows a quick progress bar reinstalling files, it doesn't seem to go
    through the entire process. In fact it does nothing to fix this problem at all
    because Quicktime continues to try and read Flash videos.

    This is sort of a Quicktime problem and I have posted a message like this on
    the Quicktime forums at Apple, but this is also a Flash problem it seems. Is
    there anything I can do to get Flash Player to read Flash files and Quicktime
    to read whatever it should be reading?

    I'm using Windows XP and I have the latest version of Firefox as my browser.

    Chicobo329 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash conflict with Quicktime

    Maybe your the setting has been changed when Quicktime was being
    installed.
    Choose the flash video's playing mode as your flash player.
    Hope it helps .

    --Terry
    The final prizes of life are at the end of journey, not near the
    beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are
    necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at
    the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the
    road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
    [url]http://www.flash-on-tv.com/[/url]

    citizenwp@gmail.com Guest

  3. #3

    have you tried using the IE that's on your machine to see if the problem is Qt
    and/or Flash based?

    If this still happens, you might have a default setting that chooses Qt
    instead of Flash. Trying "right clicking" on the file you want to
    open/play/read and select "open with" and then "Flash" from the list.

    clinehan Guest

  4. #4

    Just turn off Quicktime
    Unregistered Guest