Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Forms Application or Coldfusion CFFORM - Macromedia ColdFusion

Folks, I have an extensive investment in Flash Forms with Flash MX Pro, Remoting with CF with a Postgres Backend Database. I was wondering and have been considering it since CF7 was released to move to CFFORMS with Flash as the type. The question then becomes is can I use the already existing AS2.0 Classes with the CFFORM flash type? Also is it viable to take that route maint wise and for scaling. Can I make a roundtrip to the server without having to refresh the CF page. The best part of CFFORM is the regex and validation routines. My ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Forms Application or Coldfusion CFFORM

    Folks,

    I have an extensive investment in Flash Forms with Flash MX Pro, Remoting with
    CF with a Postgres Backend Database. I was wondering and have been considering
    it since CF7 was released to move to CFFORMS with Flash as the type. The
    question then becomes is can I use the already existing AS2.0 Classes with the
    CFFORM flash type? Also is it viable to take that route maint wise and for
    scaling. Can I make a roundtrip to the server without having to refresh the CF
    page. The best part of CFFORM is the regex and validation routines. My app
    currently has about 60 forms and more to come.

    Any theories and advice would be helpful.

    Thanks,
    Brendan

    Faadiel Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Forms Application or Coldfusion CFFORM

    you're probably the best person to decide if your flash forms are better than
    cf7's cfforms but i'm fairly certain that cfforms will be significantly
    faster/easier to develop and maintain. you can do quite a bit w/cfforms by
    injecting a bit of actionscript into them, heck i did and i don't know much of
    anything about flash. have you seen http://www.asFusion.com/blog/ that site
    provided me w/a lot of ideas and code examples.

    PaulH Guest

  3. #3

    I am thinking at this point it might be a good idea to move to CFFORMS
    specifically when it comes to dealing with security related issues etc. IE some
    users can see some forms and not others, which is getting to be a real pain in
    the Flash Forms model. I have complete autonomy anyway so I'm going to develop
    a sample app just to test it and then decide.

    Thanks for your comments and the link..

    Brendan

    Faadiel Guest

  4. #4

    I would like to use flash remoting with one of my CFforms. I currently have a
    flash grid populated by a CFQUERY and I'd like to make updates to the database
    without refreshing the page...hence the remoting idea. Can I insert the
    necessary actionscript code through coldfusion's <cfsavecontent> tag without
    having flash professional installed on my computer?

    Thank you for the link to as fusion. I'm going to check that info out next.

    LabDesigns Guest