Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash installs successfully but still doesn't work - Macromedia Flash Player

I'm getting very agitated at my cpu. I go to a site that requires flash. I'm directed to adobe to install it. Installation is successful...always. I have tried closing my browser and reopening and it still says I need to install flash to view that site. I can go back to Adobe, install it again, reboot my cpu and it still tells me the same thing. I have done all of the troubleshooting tips and nothing helps. The only thing I can think is that I have the latest version of Windows Internet Explorer 7 installed and maybe Flash isn't ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash installs successfully but still doesn't work

    I'm getting very agitated at my cpu. I go to a site that requires flash. I'm
    directed to adobe to install it. Installation is successful...always. I have
    tried closing my browser and reopening and it still says I need to install
    flash to view that site. I can go back to Adobe, install it again, reboot my
    cpu and it still tells me the same thing. I have done all of the
    troubleshooting tips and nothing helps. The only thing I can think is that I
    have the latest version of Windows Internet Explorer 7 installed and maybe
    Flash isn't synced with it yet. Is there anyone else out there with this type
    of problem?:disgust;

    ctr37185 Guest

  2. #2

    I'm having the same problem. I've been running IE7 for a few months now and
    Flash has been working. Suddenly today Flash is not working and the install
    from the Adobe page doesn't seem to help. I've completely cleared my cache,
    removed all Adobe items from my computer, rebooted and reinstalled.

    Messages indicate that either Flash is not installed or JavaScript is not
    enabled. I have verified that JavaScript is enabled and have "successfully"
    reinstalled Flash but it still is not working.

    mfromphilly Guest

  3. #3

    I am getting exactly the same message. Flash is not installed or JavaScript is
    not enabled." I have verified that JavaScript is enabled and have
    "successfully" reinstalled Flash but it still is not working for me also. Who
    can we go to so we can get this resolved. Its maddening. HELP.

    knightrider1956 Guest

  4. #4

    I found another forum that seems to have a solution.

    [url]http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6620_102-0.html?forumID=14&threadID=213694&start=15[/url]

    These guys have Firefox installed and manually moved the plugin and then click
    on it to run it for IE7. I wasn't quite ready to install Firefox to get IE
    working... unless that's Mr. Gate's suggestion. In any case, it's worth
    reading. Basically, IE7 with Flash 8 or 9 can be problematic.

    mfromphilly Guest