Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Media not playing on Macintosh - Macromedia Flash Player

Successfully installed Flash 9, have current Safari browser, have current Macintosh software updates and restarted computer. Still, the media from the this web page: http://app.talkfusion.com/talkFusionStudio/view.asp?75332_835873 does not play. Please email me at: com Thank you!...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Media not playing on Macintosh

    Successfully installed Flash 9, have current Safari browser, have current
    Macintosh software updates and restarted computer. Still, the media from the
    this web page: http://app.talkfusion.com/talkFusionStudio/view.asp?75332_835873
    does not play. Please email me at: com Thank you!

    redclif101 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Media not playing on Macintosh

    i am having the same porblem
    i get the quik time icon with a ? in it
    i need help
    email me
    on com
    moooj Guest

  3. #3

    Please -- for the love of god, STOP with the private emails for support! I am
    having the SAME problem and would like for someone to POST here, not privately
    to those who have previously asked for solutions to solving this problem. So
    PLEASE POST THE ANSWER HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!!!!

    Again, the problem is with Flash 9 -- not working correctly with Macintosh.
    Yes, we've downloaded it correctly. Yes, we've restarted our computers. Yes
    we're about to give up on Apple and YES Steve Jobs can go to hell for NOT
    CARING about his main product (Macs) over all of the other crap he's been
    pushing on the public (iPods, iPhones, Pixar, et cetera).

    Jeff Guest

  4. #4

    See this technote:
    'Unable to view Flash content in browser after updating to QuickTime 7.2"
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402468
    BWolfe Guest

  5. #5

    I am having the same or a similar problem.

    Mac G5, OSX 10.4.10

    Flash Player 9 was running fine.

    I go to a website that wants me to upgrade my flash player. I am sure I have
    V 9, but to be sure about some minor upgrade I go to Adobe site, download the
    PowerPC upgrade, run the installer, and flash stops working altogether. I have
    tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

    It worked earlier today, and now it is hosed, on both Safari and FireFox.

    Help!!!

    snackroyd Guest

  6. #6

    By The way, I already tried the fix suggested by BWolfe - that is not the problem.
    snackroyd Guest

  7. #7

    I have some additional information.

    I can uninstall Flash 9 (which does not work) and then install Flash 8. (Flash
    Player 8,0,22,0) and Flash Player 8 installs fine and works fine.

    Again, I had Flash 9 working, was caused to re-install it by a poorly designed
    website, and then what was working, stopped working. I think that there is a
    problem with the current non-intel, OSX install.

    snackroyd Guest

  8. #8

    where u get flash player 8 from
    btw i have gt intel and leopard mac
    so many porblems :
    moooj Guest

  9. #9

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2

    is the link to the older players
    snackroyd Guest

  10. #10

    found version 8 installed still no lukk
    what is up with this man
    all i want is flashhhhh
    not quiktime icon
    and the option in quiktime doesnt fix it
    still get the same icon
    moooj Guest

  11. #11

    Same problem. Same sense of desperation. There must be a solution!! Pleaes help.
    condoraji Guest

  12. #12

    HELLLLO NE ONE HERE TO HELPPPPP

    i gt firefox now it works in that but i want it to work in safari
    pls sum 1 sort this issue outtttttttttt
    moooj Guest

  13. #13

    I have had an inconsistent problem with Flash Media not playing -- sometimes in
    Safari, sometimes with Firefox and sometimes with both -- for over a month or
    so on my G5. (No problems on my MacBook Pro.) Safari, Firefox, Flash Player and
    QuickTime are all current.

    Today, I went to the Adobe Download Center and downloaded Option 2:
    Power-PC-based Macs:

    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFl
    ash

    I reinstalled successfully to an earlier version of Flash Player -- 9,0,47,0;
    restarted my G5; opened Safari and Firefox and now Flash Player is working
    again. I'll let you know if the problem reoccurs.

    rdriessen Guest

  14. #14

    yes but i have an intel imac
    i havent had any problems with my power pc

    just intel
    moooj Guest

  15. #15

    Well, I'm back to square "1" -- Flash Player is again not working on Firefox. Still plays okay on Safari as of this morning, 11/5. Anybody got any suggestions?
    rdriessen Guest