Professional Web Applications Themes

flash mx projector? - Macromedia Flash

Hi Hope this doesnt sound like too dumb a question, but if i make an interactive cd-rom in flashmx does that mean i dont have to worry about file size as much? What i mean is if the person looking at it does not have high speed cable, will they have to wait a long time for the higher sized files to load or does this not matter anymore because its on disc now? and how do i make it for both pc and mac? Maybe i should ask if anyone knows of a good tutorial on how to do ...

  1. #1

    Default flash mx projector?

    Hi
    Hope this doesnt sound like too dumb a question, but if i make an
    interactive cd-rom in flashmx does that mean i dont have to worry about
    file size as much? What i mean is if the person looking at it does not
    have high speed cable, will they have to wait a long time for the higher
    sized files to load or does this not matter anymore because its on disc
    now? and how do i make it for both pc and mac? Maybe i should ask if
    anyone knows of a good tutorial on how to do this.
    Thanks for your help
    lizann

    ann mcivor Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: flash mx projector?

    Hiho Ann,

    "ann mcivor" <McAnn562netscape.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hope this doesnt sound like too dumb a question, but if i make an
    > interactive cd-rom in flashmx does that mean i dont have to worry about
    > file size as much?
    Right.
    > now? and how do i make it for both pc and mac?
    That's a little bit tricky. The problem isn't just a problem in Flash ( Just
    generate projector files for both systems) but Mac and PC have different
    filesystems (HFS/ISO 9660) for CD- ROM. You have to make a Hybrid- CD with
    both Filesystems on it. Take a look at: [url]http://www.macdisk.com/macimgen.php3[/url]
    if you are working on pc. It is easier to do on a mac, but the questions you
    ask let me think, that you are not in yet. Ask again, after reading a little
    bit (Url above may be a good starting point for a mac user too, before using
    Google for more to know) ... Good luck.

    Keep in mind, that the autostart feature on mac isn't always availlable,
    because it is a feature of Quicktime, not Mac Os and it has to be enabled
    by user... on windows, autostart may be also disabled by user so it is a
    good idea to name the projector file something like start.exe (start.iqx on
    mac, if i remember the extension right) or so and to write a little text for
    the user like "readme.txt" or similar.

    cu,
    Richard

    Richard Blume Guest

  3. #3

    Richard Blume wrote:
    > Hiho Ann,
    :kiIqb.329883$6C4.302959pd7tw1no...

    >>Hope this doesnt sound like too dumb a question, but if i make an
    >>interactive cd-rom in flashmx does that mean i dont have to worry about
    >>file size as much?
    >

    > Right.
    Wrong.

    It all depends on the computer you're about to run your CD on. The faster
    the CPU, the more RAM, the better your movie will play.

    >>now? and how do i make it for both pc and mac?
    > good idea to name the projector file something like start.exe (start.iqx on
    > mac, if i remember the extension right) or so and to write a little text for
    > the user like "readme.txt" or similar.

    Mac doesn't need an extension. You can name it Start. Right now I'm
    working on a CD-ROM presentation (on a mac) for both Mac and PC. On a Mac
    it's very easy to make a hybride presentation.

    --
    Diederik

    Diederik Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks
    I will be using toast, should work about the same. I have another
    question or 2. Since flash compressess bitmaps and I am using many
    photos in my project, should I import them as the best quaility jpgs. or
    is there a better format? Also will I need a preloader?
    thanks again

    liz Guest

  5. #5

    liz wrote:
    > Thanks
    > I will be using toast, should work about the same. I have another
    > question or 2. Since flash compressess bitmaps and I am using many
    > photos in my project, should I import them as the best quaility jpgs. or
    > is there a better format? Also will I need a preloader?
    > thanks again

    When testing my project, large jpg's slowed down the movie too much on old
    computers. I imported a thumbnail of all the photo's in the library
    (80x60) and after a click on it I loaded the real photo (625x465) into a
    placeholder.

    Until now I wasn't able to make a preloader for my CD-project. I like to
    hear if you can.

    --
    Diederik

    Diederik Guest

  6. #6

    Hiho,

    "Diederik" <Diederik.DD*SPAMTRAP*pandora.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Richard Blume wrote:
    > >>file size as much?
    > >
    > > Right.
    >
    > Wrong.
    She asked "as much".
    > It all depends on the computer you're about to run your CD on.
    Ooops, i forgot- on mac, hardware is expensive ;)
    Is it still important? I think, someone that wants to use multimedia
    aplication will have the required speed. The slowest Computer i've seen last
    weeks was a 1 GHZ Duron Prozessor with 256 MB Ram... Even a machine with
    half the speed should do well.
    > Mac doesn't need an extension. You can name it Start. Right now I'm
    > working on a CD-ROM presentation (on a mac) for both Mac and PC. On a Mac
    > it's very easy to make a hybride presentation.
    She didn't say if she is working on mac or pc. On pc it isn't simple... The
    Extension will be used by both the applications macimage and flash on pc, so
    i thought, it would be helpfull to describe it for no- mac- users too... the
    extension will not hurt on mac anyway..

    Well you've got the apple, you are the egg.

    cu,
    Richard

    Richard Blume Guest