Professional Web Applications Themes

flash percentage question - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

hello there, hopefully this will be an easy one...i have a flash web page which has a filmstrip type navigational scheme on it. this works fine, but the way that the filmstrip movie clip works is that both ends of the m.c. are off the page in the .fla file so that it can sort of realign itself as it moves. (is this a clear explanation?) in any case, when i publish the movie to match the pixel size of the original movie, it sort of "cuts off" the .swf file exactly where i want it to be. however, i ...

  1. #1

    Default flash percentage question

    hello there,

    hopefully this will be an easy one...i have a flash web page which has a filmstrip type navigational scheme on it. this works fine, but the way that the filmstrip movie clip works is that both ends of the m.c. are off the page in the .fla file so that it can sort of realign itself as it moves. (is this a clear explanation?) in any case, when i publish the movie to match the pixel size of the original movie, it sort of "cuts off" the .swf file exactly where i want it to be.

    however, i need to publish this movie by percentage size and when i do this, the .swf file seems to take everything into account as part of the page, meaning, even the stuff that's supposed to be "behind the scenes" sort of thing. i've played around with different publishing settings, but wondering what i can do to publish in percentages but not include the excess stuff.

    thanks in advance for the help!

    denise

    ciecierega webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: flash percentage question

    Ciecierega:

    Yes, put your film strip in a Masking layer. This WILL prevent it from
    showing off your desired screen. You could either make the Mask layer the
    size of your movie size, or just the height and width of the visible region
    for the filmstrip. That should help. (I've done something similar awhile
    back, you might want to check out the gradient fade off idea on the edges
    too..this is a non-navtype: [url]http://www.atlantisrealtygroup.com/search.html[/url]

    Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.
    For masking information, (very simple) look at your Flash help files :)

    GraphicEngineer.com

    "ciecierega" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > hello there,
    >
    > hopefully this will be an easy one...i have a flash web page which has a
    filmstrip type navigational scheme on it. this works fine, but the way that
    the filmstrip movie clip works is that both ends of the m.c. are off the
    page in the .fla file so that it can sort of realign itself as it moves. (is
    this a clear explanation?) in any case, when i publish the movie to match
    the pixel size of the original movie, it sort of "cuts off" the .swf file
    exactly where i want it to be.

    > however, i need to publish this movie by percentage size and when i do
    this, the .swf file seems to take everything into account as part of the
    page, meaning, even the stuff that's supposed to be "behind the scenes" sort
    of thing. i've played around with different publishing settings, but
    wondering what i can do to publish in percentages but not include the excess
    stuff.

    > thanks in advance for the help!
    >
    > denise

    Guest