Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player 8 installation in Firefox - Macromedia Flash Player

I've been trying to download the Flash Player 8 installer for Firefox. It says in the download information that the download will take 2 minutes over a 56k modem. I use a high-speed connection, and the download isn't even moving, with at least half an hour more to go. The last time I tried to download the installer was a couple of weeks ago. At the time I dismissed it as a problem with Macromedia.com's servers, but it hasn't changed since then. Can someone please tell me what could be causing this problem? Thank you....

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player 8 installation in Firefox

    I've been trying to download the Flash Player 8 installer for Firefox. It says
    in the download information that the download will take 2 minutes over a 56k
    modem. I use a high-speed connection, and the download isn't even moving, with
    at least half an hour more to go. The last time I tried to download the
    installer was a couple of weeks ago. At the time I dismissed it as a problem
    with Macromedia.com's servers, but it hasn't changed since then. Can someone
    please tell me what could be causing this problem? Thank you.

    Raineyz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player 8 installation in Firefox

    sounds like a firewall blocks the download.

    "Raineyz" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I've been trying to download the Flash Player 8 installer for Firefox. It
    says
    > in the download information that the download will take 2 minutes over a
    56k
    > modem. I use a high-speed connection, and the download isn't even moving,
    with
    > at least half an hour more to go. The last time I tried to download the
    > installer was a couple of weeks ago. At the time I dismissed it as a
    problem
    > with Macromedia.com's servers, but it hasn't changed since then. Can
    someone
    > please tell me what could be causing this problem? Thank you.

    perry Guest

  3. #3

    Raineyz, I had that problem when trying to d/l the flash 8 installer for IE.
    It just sits there with the little paper floating across to the folder, but
    nothing else - no time left, not how big the file is, no green d/l line
    progress. That happened about 5 times before it allegedly d/l. When I clicked
    the exe to open flash, I just got a blue "flash" on the screen, then nothing.
    I've finally gotten the d/l installer and installed it (shows up in my IE tools
    and my programs in control panel) but I can't use IE right now. I need flash
    just to view my homepage and it doesn't want to load, takes 3 or 4 times. Then
    if I try to go to another page, IE just freezes and crashes.

    Macromedia, flash and shockwave are all allowed and in my programs in my
    firewall. I even tried lowering the firewall drastically - nothing.

    coldlamia Guest