Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player 9.0.124.0 Security Update compatibility - Macromedia Flash Player

?Adobe released a security update for Flash Player 9 (Flash Player 9,0,124,0) on April 8, 2008, to strengthen the security of Adobe Flash Player for our customers and end users, and to provide further mitigations for previously disclosed vulnerabilities. Customers are advised to review the following Flash Player updates to determine if their content will be impacted, and to begin implementing necessary changes immediately to help ensure a seamless transition. If any of the following situations apply, you should read this article in detail: ? You use sockets or XMLSockets, regardless of the domain to which you are connecting ? ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player 9.0.124.0 Security Update compatibility

    ?Adobe released a security update for Flash Player 9 (Flash Player
    9,0,124,0) on April 8, 2008, to strengthen the security of Adobe Flash Player
    for our customers and end users, and to provide further mitigations for
    previously disclosed vulnerabilities.

    Customers are advised to review the following Flash Player updates to
    determine if their content will be impacted, and to begin implementing
    necessary changes immediately to help ensure a seamless transition.

    If any of the following situations apply, you should read this article in
    detail:

    ? You use sockets or XMLSockets, regardless of the domain to which you are
    connecting

    ? You use addRequestHeader or URLRequest.requestHeaders in any network API
    call when sending or loading data cross-domain

    or

    You provide access to content on remote domains as a web service provider

    ? You have SWFs that are exported for Flash Player 7 (SWF7) or earlier that
    communicate with the hosting HTML by any means

    ? You use "javascript:" through network APIs to communicate outside a SWF?

    Related Developer Articles:

    Understanding Flash Player 9 April 2008 Security Update compatibility

    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player9_security_update.h
    tml

    Setting up a socket policy file server
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/socket_policy_files.html

    Additional Security Related TechNotes:

    Changes in allowScriptAccess default
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403183

    Authorization header does not work for an HTTP request
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403184

    Arbitrary headers are not sent from Flash Player to a remote domain
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403185

    Sockets do not function in Flash Player versions later than 9.0.115.0
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403364

    javascript:" URLs no longer function in networking APIs (Flash Player)
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403187

    ActionScript error when an HTTP send action contains certain headers
    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403030

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  2. #2

    I need help. We have online courses that are developed in Flash. These flash
    files are interactive so that a user can select from a multiple choice question
    and click submit to see the correct answer. When the user click on a submit
    the flash file makes a URL GET call to our FTP server and grabs the next flash
    file to display the correct answer.

    The problem that we are having is that when the user clicks on the button, the
    flash should call the next page within the sequence and display the next flash
    file, however, this IS NOT WORKING. All of the internal navigation within a
    flash file does NOT WORK now that Flash player 9.0.124 is released. I
    uninstalled flash player 9.0.124 and reinstalled 8.0 and everything works fine.
    All of our web pages sits on server 1 and all of our flash files sit on server
    2 (FTP server). I believe the security update was to protect agains cross
    domain URL calls.

    Are there any fixes to this problem? Is there a patch we can install to fix
    this problem? Is there a work around to resolve this problem? Unfortunately,
    we have literally over 1,000 flash files that we use for our courses.

    Brian Wolf
    net

    TQGSupport Guest

  3. #3