Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player 9 crashes my browser when I open advancesettings - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi, I'm using the newest version of Flash (9,0,115,0) and when I try to access the advanced settings and click the webcam tab, both my browsers crash (IE and Firefox2). The screen I am talking about is: http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html I can click on any other parts of the tab, but it only crashes when I click on the webcam icon. This is weird, because the mic tab recognizes my webcam (Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000). Anyone know of a solution to this? I am on a Dell E1705, Centrino Duo 1.67ghz, 1GB Ram and nVidia GeForce 7900GS...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player 9 crashes my browser when I open advancesettings

    Hi, I'm using the newest version of Flash (9,0,115,0) and when I try to access
    the advanced settings and click the webcam tab, both my browsers crash (IE and
    Firefox2).

    The screen I am talking about is:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html

    I can click on any other parts of the tab, but it only crashes when I click on
    the webcam icon. This is weird, because the mic tab recognizes my webcam
    (Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000).

    Anyone know of a solution to this?

    I am on a Dell E1705, Centrino Duo 1.67ghz, 1GB Ram and nVidia GeForce 7900GS

    highonfire Guest

  2. #2

    highonfire, please open a technical support case for this issue:

    http://www.adobe.com/support (you can only open a webcase for Flash
    Player.... )

    It woul also be interesting to see what happens if you uninstall your cam and
    it's drivers and retest..

    Another thing you can do (if you're the admin on the machine) is create a new
    user profile.. Log in as that user, install the browser of your choice and your
    cam drivers and test with just that user profile.

    If you can do those test please provide that information to the agent who
    handles the web case.

    BWolfe Guest

  3. #3

    Hi. I'm currently running into this same issue. I contacted Flash, and
    received no response (over a week ago). I tried uninstalling and
    reinstalling my webcam (more than once, in normal and safe mode),
    uninstalling and reinstalling Flash (countless times, in normal and
    safe mode), using different browsers, even using a different Internet
    connection... but nope, every time I open webcam settings my browser
    crashes. Which means, if I try to use a flash program that uses my
    webcam, it crashes as well. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks.
    niptor@gmail.com Guest

  4. #4

    I'm having totally the same problem. Have tryed everything, even
    totally re-installed my pc and bought a new webcam.
    please help.

    Thnx
    erwindekker@aol.nl Guest

  5. #5

    I think I found an answer. Do any of you guys have the Camstreams
    Encoder installed on your computer? Check and see. If so, uninstall
    it... then reboot comp. I did so, and it works fine now.

    niptor@gmail.com Guest

  6. #6

    I have exactly the same problem. Updated my cam drivers and did not help.
    Completely uninstalling cam drivers did not help. Other user on same machine
    has the same problem. Deleting regkeys of flash does not help either.

    Anybody?!

    Peter_fleur Guest

  7. #7

    com hit it on the head.. I didn't even have the
    camstreams installed but I installed it.. and then uninstalled it..
    and the problem went away... Just wondering too... Do any of you have
    TV tuners also??
    JaehDawg Guest