Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player 9 Crashing IE6 - Macromedia Flash Player

OK. I keep having a problem with IE crashing on me. Not always and not on every page. It varies from day to day. Myspace is the worst but not the only site it does it on. The error I get always say that IE has encoutered a problem and that the add-on/ active x control flash player was the reason. I've downloaded all my updates for my operating system. I tried downloading firefox & opera to see if it was just an IE problem but the flash player errored out more on those browers then IE. After that I ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player 9 Crashing IE6

    OK. I keep having a problem with IE crashing on me. Not always and not on every
    page. It varies from day to day. Myspace is the worst but not the only site it
    does it on. The error I get always say that IE has encoutered a problem and
    that the add-on/ active x control flash player was the reason. I've downloaded
    all my updates for my operating system. I tried downloading firefox & opera to
    see if it was just an IE problem but the flash player errored out more on those
    browers then IE. After that I even wiped out my computer that was running
    windows xp home and put windows xp professional on hoping that would fix the
    problem. To my dismay, the error is still there. I've completly uninstalled the
    flash player and downloaded it agian, but that was no help. If I go in and
    disable the flash player in the manage add-on box, I have no problems with IE,
    however, I can't view pages correctly when I do this.

    Does anybody how to fix this problem or what is causing it?
    In need of some help
    ~rana

    candykid313 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash player 9 Crashing IE6

    I have the exact same problem and it is very frustrating. I kept sending an
    report each time to Microsoft, and they indicated that Adobe knows of this
    problem and has no fix. (problem is 9e.ocx)

    If anyone from Adobe reads this and can advise if this is so, and when it will
    be fixed, I sure would appreciate it.

    User948637 Guest

  3. #3

    I'm having the same issue as well. Posted another thread about it. This seems to be problem that they need to fix and hopefully it'll be fixed soon enough.
    Angry Guest

  4. #4

    Yep, got similar probs with Win2000 o/s and either IE 6 or Firefox 2 - certain
    sites with flash content cause either browser to crash and generate Windoze
    error logs -

    Anyone know the filename of this log(s) these are / where they are in Win 2k?
    - done some searches, but to no avail!:frown;

    Zoomclub Guest

  5. #5

    Please try this workaround and report back here if it works for you.

    Adobe said it won't look into my Flash9E.OCX browser crashing problem,
    because my PC is below their 450MHz. minimum. I found this fix (below)
    after days of trying different things on my own.

    I have Flash Player 9 on my PII 300MHz. 128mb. Windows 98SE with
    Explorer 6sp1 - all updates installed.
    (I got Flash Player 9.0.115.0 by visiting a bloated news site.)

    Uninstalling Flash Player 9 (using Adobe's removal software) and
    reinstalling Flash Player 7 (third party site), was not the answer,
    as I kept getting pesky pop-ups and warnings, no matter how I checked
    the 'Security section of Explorer'.

    Here is what worked for me:
    In Explorer: Go up to 'tools' 'Internet Options' 'Advanced tab' -
    Uncheck - "Play videos in web pages", in Multimedia portion. You may
    also need to uncheck: "Play animations in web pages" too. Lastly,
    click: Apply.
    keith_kichefski@wed.dresser.com Guest