I have RedHat 9.0 Linux here (kernel 2.4.20).

I've downloaded the latest version (that was 9.0.31.0) of FlashPlayer for
Linux from the Adobe's site and installed it for my Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.3 and
my Opera 9.00, build 344.

On most flash movies my Firefox crashes completely in a few seconds after
starting the playback, and my Opera doesn't crash, but it looks like the Flash
Player plugin does, because the playback stops and I see a grey rectangle in
place where the flash clip previously was.

I now switched to FlashPlayer 7 plugin, which does not have such problems, but
many sites require version 8 or 9 for correct playback, so I'm urgently seeking
for a solution.

Can anybody help?