Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player 9 Playback Problems - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi all, I have a problem with Flash Player 9 (FP9) playing certain videos. Mostly, these videos were recorded using Camtasia. Whenever I watch them, the video plays fine, but the audio gets off track. It will be playing along, then it sounds as though someone bumped a fast forward button, because for a split second, it'll sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. A few seconds later, for just a split second, it'll sound like the speed slowed way down. This continues throughout the whole video.It causes the audio not to match up with the video, along with being very ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player 9 Playback Problems

    Hi all,

    I have a problem with Flash Player 9 (FP9) playing certain videos. Mostly,
    these videos were recorded using Camtasia. Whenever I watch them, the video
    plays fine, but the audio gets off track. It will be playing along, then it
    sounds as though someone bumped a fast forward button, because for a split
    second, it'll sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks. A few seconds later, for just
    a split second, it'll sound like the speed slowed way down. This continues
    throughout the whole video.It causes the audio not to match up with the video,
    along with being very annoying...:frown; It does this in IE and Firefox. I
    uninstalled and reinstalled it numerous times, but to no avail. I finally
    installed Flash Player 8 on Firefox, and it works perfectly. It doesn't do this
    on my girlfriend's computer or my computer at work, both which have FP9
    installed. I even just installed a new hard drive, and installed XP, and it
    even does it on my new hard drive. I have tried everything that I can think of,
    and still the only solution is to use an earlier version such as 8. Is there
    something I'm missing, a plug, a patch, etc. Could it have to do with my
    computer? It is a Toshiba L25-S1216. Thanks for listening, or should I say
    reading...:grin;

    Veotis Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player 9 Playback Problems

    Hi Veotis,

    This is a known issue with Flash Player version 9.0.115.0. This is not reproducible with earlier versions of Flash Player including 9.0.47.0. It will be fixed.

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks Darren,

    For I have been running myself crazy with this problem since a lot of
    instrucitonal videos are recorded with Camtasia, and the presented in Flash.
    Any idea when this will be corrected, and how would one find out when this is
    corrected?

    Thanks again for the help,
    Veotis Williams

    Veotis Guest

  4. #4

    I am having the same problems as described by veotis. I watch a lot of camtasia
    instructional videos but is driving me nuts to listen to the repeated skipping.
    Would be nice to know the approximate date we can expect a fix.

    Thank you for the assistance,

    agboy

    agboy Guest

  5. #5

    Darrin,
    This is the first Adobe post I've found where someone in authority has said it
    would be fixed. Do you have an estimated time when? Many of our college
    students are extremely frustrated because watching our educational video
    content is part of the course homework...it's already been a month into the
    semester and the sound tracks are too annoying (because of FlashPlayer
    9.0.115.0) for them! We can only advise them to uninstall and reinstall an
    earlier version, at their own risk, because there seems to be many issues with
    that process, as well. This has been a nightmare for so many of our instructors
    and students at Nashville State Community College. Please please take down the
    FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 until you can provide a better one because right now
    you're just spreading the invasion of alien sounds.

    shancan Guest