Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player 9 - Update 1 Feedback - Macromedia Flash Player

Please post feedback here for the Beta version of Flash Player 9 - update 1. More information is available here: [url]http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player 9 - Update 1 Feedback

    Please post feedback here for the Beta version of Flash Player 9 - update 1. More information is available here:
    [url]http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/[/url]
    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player 9 - Update 1 Feedback

    Hi Paul
    I'm afraid I still have the problem after downloading the Beta Version :-(

    The error first showed again on; [url]www.camelbak.com[/url]

    I have a screenshot of the error:
    [url]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3649/flasherrorvg0.jpg[/url]

    Other info from the microsoft error log:
    AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.5700.6 ModName: flash9.ocx
    ModVer: 9.0.16.0 Offset: 0004dbde

    Hope this helps

    Sarah

    Sarah22Manchester Guest

  3. #3

    Still having the same error(internet explorer must shut down; the following
    plugin was in use; flash9b.ocx) that was described in many posts. I get this
    with any site that uses flash content. It does it with Firefox as well.
    Uninstalled the old version first as described and even ran a registry cleaner;
    still errors galore. Please help. Getting frustrated. Cant surf :-(

    milletics Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Sarah,

    I can tell by the ModVer that you're still using the original Flash Player 9
    version (9,0,16,0). Can you run the uninstaller and reinstall using the files
    on the Labs site? Once your install completes, you can check the version using
    the context menu (right-click on a Flash movie, such as one at the top of
    [url]www.adobe.com[/url]) and select "About Flash Player". You should see "9,0,18,60"
    under the Version Info box.

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  5. #5

    I installed the Flash update but alas the problem still occurs
    Here is a screenshot (hope it helps):

    [url]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v365/KitKat1988/?action=view&current=FLASHERRO[/url]
    R.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

    if you need any more details please ask =]

    Kim.

    Kempyness Guest

  6. #6

    Kim,

    Can you confirm that you're running 9.0.18.60 using the instructions in my
    was hoping to double-check the version number to be safe).

    If you are indeed running the new version, I'd like to work with you offline
    to capture a log file that will lead us to the source of the problem. I'll
    assign an engineer to investigate and we'll get to the bottom of the issue.

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  7. #7

    Hi Paul

    Many thx for the prompt reply. The uninstaller mustn't have worked for me
    first time...I've retraced the procedure and i'm now confirming that i've got
    version 9.0.18.60 running on my PC.

    Fingers crossed...i'll keep you posted

    Sarah

    Sarah22Manchester Guest

  8. #8

    Arghhhhhhhhh...

    Didn't take long did it....sigh:

    [url]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7350/flasherrorbetain1.jpg[/url]

    :-(
    Sarah22Manchester Guest

  9. #9

    I play on Neopets.com. some games havent worked for a few months , and I've
    had lots of IE shutting down due to flash9.ocx errors

    Did the new update tonight, and no probs since I did it ...

    Thank you

    mikeypcb Guest

  10. #10

    One quick reminder for everyone testing the Beta verion - you *must* run the
    uninstaller on the Labs site first. The Flash Player does not let you overwrite
    a shipping version of the software (9.0.16.0) with a test (Beta) version
    (9.0.18.60 in this case). This is done for security reasons.

    As a result, you must run the uninstaller before installing the version on
    Labs.

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  11. #11

    Sarah,

    I tried the Camelbak site and unfortunately I saw no problem. I see you're
    using an IE7 test version. This may be related to the issue since I'm still
    using IE6. If you go back to the site, can you reproduce the crash a second
    time? If so, can you send me the exact steps you take after navigating to
    [url]www.camelbak.com[/url] before the crash occurs? Do you click on any links, for
    example?

    Thanks for your continued help.

    --- Paul

    Paul Betlem - Macr Guest

  12. #12

    I also got flash to work after I
    1. Uninstalled the flash Player With the uninstaller
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157[/url]
    2. reboot computer
    3. remove safe versions from registry using regedit . follow the steps thru 4
    then stop. DO NOT FOLLOW STEP 5 as this will just reinstall the imperfect flash
    player 9 again.

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.4a8d52ae&e[/url]
    xtid=4a8d52ae&dialogID=157746351&iterationID=2&ses sionID=9630212957305d4a5df8&st
    ateID=1+0+157722798&mode=advanced
    3. Reboot computer again.
    4. Now go to this url and download flash player 7
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14266[/url]
    5. Flash Player should now work.
    6. Be very wary of Flash Player 9 untill they fix it.
    Hope this helps.

    thegate55 Guest

  13. #13

    Paul-

    It's been 1 week since I uninstalled the old and installed the updated Flash Player 9 and with excellent results. No More Crashes!!! yeah!!

    Thanks a bunch!!
    A.
    kacustom Guest

  14. #14

    I am delighted to say that Flash Player 9 beta -update 1 has been running all
    games without the dreaded error message "Internet Explorer has encountered a
    problem with an add-on, and needs to close.
    The following add-on was running when this problem occured:
    File: Flash9.ocx
    Company Name: Adobe Systems Incorporated

    Thank you, thank you, thank you Paul Betlem for tackling this extremely
    frustrating glitch and making something happen! I have been searching in vain
    for a good fix for this error since April, 2006 with both Flash8.ocx and
    Flash9.ocx.

    No more crashes on zone.msn, yahoo games or neopets games, or any other random
    site that uses flash content. Life is good.

    SJesMe Guest