Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player 9 won't install - Macromedia Flash Player

I downloaded the install_flash_player.exe, I opened it, it unpacks and then it goes away not finishing the installation. There isn't anything in the task manager saying that it is still working. It installs and works fine in IE via the web; it won't install on any of my other browsers on the web and I want it to work with Fire Fox. Is there some other way to install Flash Player 9 in Fire Fox?...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player 9 won't install

    I downloaded the install_flash_player.exe, I opened it, it unpacks and then it
    goes away not finishing the installation. There isn't anything in the task
    manager saying that it is still working. It installs and works fine in IE via
    the web; it won't install on any of my other browsers on the web and I want it
    to work with Fire Fox.

    Is there some other way to install Flash Player 9 in Fire Fox?

    SpiffSpoo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player 9 won't install

    Some help would be nice.
    SpiffSpoo Guest

  3. #3

    I have the exact same problem and I went through the help on the site and
    uninstalled flash to try and reinstall it. Now I have no flash at all and can't
    install any version. Sadly, no one seems to know what to do. :(

    Magenta Rose Guest

  4. #4

    What was the name of the file that updated flash. I am going through the same thing here...no flash!
    FLSTS Guest

  5. #5

    I, too, am trying to install into Firefox. The installer v 9.0.28.0 will not even open.
    NoMInd0000 Guest

  6. #6

    I find a file there called GetFlash.exe, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I click it. It may have silently updated IE6, but doesn't solve the Firefox problem.
    NoMInd0000 Guest

  7. #7

    Hurray!
    Thanx!! This helped me fixing my girlfriends computer problem!!

    marcgerard Guest

  8. #8

    Hi , can anyone help .I can't seem to download flash player at all. when i click on INSTALL nothing happens.

    Rub-rub Guest

  9. #9

    You're better off not installing the latest Flash Player 9. You'll end up with
    IE and even Mozilla crashing with flash9b.ocx errors. Adobe has YET to address
    this issue either. Too bad there's not an alternative commonly being used out
    there... I'm about fed up with Adobe after this.

    dvance Guest

  10. #10

    :disgust; Flash 8 caused me 2 months of work after it installed itself on my
    old computer. I couldn't fix it and bought a new computer with XP, hoping to
    get around the problems I had with ActiveX and Flash crashing IE. The new one
    worked for a month or two, and then something went wrong and I started having
    Flash objects crash IE. I uninstalled Flash and said the heck with it. I
    guess I am one of the few idiots here that can't get Flash to work properly. I
    spent days on uninstalling, reinstalling, buying antivirus software, altering
    the registry on Adobe advice, all ot no avail on my old computer. I will
    resist until necessary making Flash work on my new machine. I'll have to pay
    someone to install it. I won't go through that again. The Flash - Windows -
    IE compatibility problem s bad. Nobody can reproduce the problems I have.
    On two machines in a row. What are the odds? I check back here every few
    months to see if something has improved. In 8 months I see no improvement.

    Donno Guest

  11. #11

    Can someone PLEASE help me. I've tried on numerous occasions to download Adobe
    Flash Player 9. It won't work! I don't even get the security box prompt to
    allow the download. I've gone into my internet settings and ensured that the
    active x's were enabled....what am I doing wrong?

    nancyandseth Guest

  12. #12

    Same problem, with the Flashplayer 9. can't even get the download promt...

    I have tried everything. Nothing works! Now since I have uninstalled ActiveX
    along with my preexisting flashplayer, I can't even view any music,video
    ect...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well, Home someone actually figures this out so I can get back to my normal
    routine.

    Stargazer1234 Guest

  13. #13

    I too am having problems installing Flash Player 9 for MAC. I have followed all the trouble shooting steps and no luck. I have unintsalled and repaired my permissions
    Please help
    Karine Albano Guest

  14. #14

    I have tried to install it nearly a zillion times. I have run the uninstaller a
    couple times between tries. I am using a Windows XP Home computer.
    This is what happens everytime:
    ~The page comes up
    ~Security box asks me if I'm sure i want to download.
    ~ I choose "Install"
    ~ Video plays, as though it is loading.
    ~Video goes away after a minute or two.
    ~Security box reappears.
    ~I click "install" again
    ~The blank white boxes dissappear and all that is left is quotation marks.

    I am in my administrative account. What could be the problem? How do i fix it?

    thanks,
    Riley

    riley_7 Guest

  15. #15

    Hi Riley,

    Sounds like Windows system registry issue. Please check the following forum. Find my personal email for additional help.

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  16. #16

    Here is the URL for the forum, helps if I include it ;)

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=184&threadid=1262 552&enterthread=y[/url]
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  17. #17

    I gave my account the full control. It didn't work. I tried to install the
    subinacl thing...it wouldnt let me, it sais it failed because the computer was
    in safe mode or the installer hadn't been downloaded correctly....

    riley_7 Guest

  18. #18

    Hi riley_7,

    Please contact me directly and I will help you resolve this issue:

    [email]support_flashhtmail.com[/email]

    Paste the forum link into the email, so I can refer back to it.

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  19. #19

    typo - [email]supportflashhotmail.com[/email]
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  20. #20

    I have trouble shooted everything. Every time that I agree to terms and go to
    install Flash 9, I go to the downloading screen and it just sits there and
    loads or installs repeatedly. That green "activity" bar just keeps flashing and
    never ends. I have uninstalled any old adobe, even gotten that zip file for
    active x. Nothing is running while I try. Any time I try to play videos
    anywhere online they come up blank. I'm at a dead end here. Help me please!

    Caleb

    ozweego4288 Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast