Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player & Camtasia Studio - Macromedia Flash Player

:confused; since installing the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player I have been unable to play Camtasia Studio videos that are streamed online. I read on the Techsmith site that the latest version of Flash Player is not compatible with Camtasia Studio and to me this is a real hassle as alot of the online marketers use Camtasia Studio when creating online video content. Can you tell me if there is going to be a release in the near future that will fix this problem? I have read there is a temp solution where I can download something and run ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player & Camtasia Studio

    :confused; since installing the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player I
    have been unable to play Camtasia Studio videos that are streamed online. I
    read on the Techsmith site that the latest version of Flash Player is not
    compatible with Camtasia Studio and to me this is a real hassle as alot of the
    online marketers use Camtasia Studio when creating online video content. Can
    you tell me if there is going to be a release in the near future that will fix
    this problem? I have read there is a temp solution where I can download
    something and run my own videos through it but that doesn't help me if I'm
    watching another marketers online videos. Is there any way that people can
    download an earlier version of flash player in the mean time as a temporary
    measure to fix this prob?

    Thanks heaps

    Victoria

    victorialorelle Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player & Camtasia Studio

    I am no expert in how to install etc. But I saw a spot on this site where you
    could download old players.

    My guess is that you have to go to the control panel and uninstall your
    current player and then install the new one.

    Hope this helps or gets you closer

    nanush Guest

  3. #3

    The problem with the new Flash player when playing Camtasia presentations is
    horrible. I've been going through an online training series made with Camtasia
    Studio, but all I can pay attention to is the "ghost voices" talking in the
    background and the "chipmunk" interjecting its little chipmunk comments.

    Yes, it sounds just like that. Picture a guy talking (the intended audio)
    while ghosts talk in the background and a chipmunk throws out random comments.

    I'm ready to uninstall Flash Player v9.0.115.0 and go back to an earlier
    version to finish up my online training. I can't use the earlier version for
    general internet use due to the "malicious SWF" security vulnerability, so I'll
    need to block Flash (except for training) until Adobe can fix the audio bug.
    Hope they can figure out a fix soon.

    tsmith35 Guest

  4. #4

    where is the older version of flash, it is horrible, i too cant view camtasia videos or see flash on sites

    thanks
    zoom4267 Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: zoom4267
    where is the older version of flash, it is horrible, i too cant view
    camtasia videos or see flash on sites

    thanks[/q]

    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266

    Darren Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Darren,

    Is anything being done about this?

    I have some serious problems with MP3 audio files. Please help.

    Many thanks
    Troubleatmill Guest

  7. #7

    Could Adobe please let us know the status of when this problem will be fixed. It is a severe situation. Thanks.
    soco_user Guest

  8. #8

    Is anything happening with this problem? If I need to install an earlier version of Flash Player to play Camtasia videos, which one?
    FoothillsFred Guest

  9. #9

    FoothillsFred, the last previous version to 9.0.115.0 (the problem version) is
    version 9.0.47.0 from what I can find. The link that Darren McNally posted
    above will take you to the Flash Player archives, but note that installing a
    previous version may open up holes in your computer's security that were closed
    in the latest version. FP 9.0.115.0 was listed as a critical upgrade by Adobe
    for that reason.

    tsmith35 Guest

  10. #10

    Camtasia has a tool called ?SWFMP3Fixer.zip? for developers to fix their
    content. For more info see the Camtasia site here:

    http://techsmith.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/techsmith.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_fa
    qid=1250&p_created=1197056770&p_sid=1I8yvEYi&p_acc essibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva
    =&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnB fcm93X2NudD04MzYmcF9wcm9kcz0mc
    F9jYXRzPSZwX3B2P

    Darren Guest

  11. #11

    Regarding the Camtasia utility--this doesn't do anything for swf videos already distributed. Adobe needs to fix the new version of the player so that it is compatible.
    soco_user Guest

  12. #12

    Hi Darren,

    But we don't use Camtasia. What is your suggestion?
    Troubleatmill Guest

  13. #13

    This will be addressed by Adobe in a future release of Flash Player.

    Also, this depends on how you create your SWF files. Camtasia has found that
    if there are SoundStreamBlock tags that do not contain whole MP3 frames, the
    audio may sound garbled. If you adjusted your code to always write whole MP3
    audio frames into each SoundStreamBlock you can avoid this issue.

    If you are a developer using Camtasia, you can use the ?SWFMP3Fixer.zip? tool
    to fix this issue.

  14. #14

    HI Darren,

    Do you know when this will be addressed?

    Many thanks
    Troubleatmill Guest