Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player and Vista Ultimate 64bit - Macromedia Flash Player

is there an official version of the flash player for Vista? and more importantly, Vista 64bit? if i install it from the adobe site i get multiple entries in my add/remove programs list and, sometimes flash content in IE7 works, sometimes it doesnt. does adobe at least have an official response??? are they going to release a Vista version? whats the deal? also, where can i download the latest version in the form of an actual setup file? the fact that i can only seem to install the ActiveX version is probably part of the problem! SETUP.EXE could be ran ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player and Vista Ultimate 64bit

    is there an official version of the flash player for Vista? and more
    importantly, Vista 64bit? if i install it from the adobe site i get multiple
    entries in my add/remove programs list and, sometimes flash content in IE7
    works, sometimes it doesnt.

    does adobe at least have an official response??? are they going to release a
    Vista version? whats the deal?
    also, where can i download the latest version in the form of an actual setup
    file? the fact that i can only seem to install the ActiveX version is probably
    part of the problem! SETUP.EXE could be ran ad administrator and might help!
    IS there a downloadable version ??

    jjd228 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash player and Vista Ultimate 64bit

    forgot to mention... i have 2 or 3 entries for the flash player in add/remove
    programs, and they wont leave! uninstalling (or attempting to) does nothing...
    they still stay there. i even tried the uninstall utility that you can download
    from the adobe website and THAT doesnt work! and how pathetic that you even
    NEED a separate utility to remove this garbage.

    jjd228 Guest

  3. #3

    My company recently started using Flash Media Server to stream audio and video
    content. My boss just installed Windows Vista Ultimate and now no streaming
    content will play at all. Simple Flash animations work, but nothing that
    accesses the Flash Media Server for content. I've uninstalled and reinstalled
    multiple versions of the Flash Player on his machine but nothing seems to work.
    I also tried the new "Reset" feature in IE that is supposed to return it to
    it's shipping state and that didn't work. I navigated to the "System 32" folder
    and ran the Flash Updater EXE. I downloaded and installed all of the available
    updates through "Windows Update". I also tested Flash Objects that stream video
    on Adobe.com and they don't play either. Has anyone heard of this happening or
    know what I need to do to fix it? I don't know if this is a bug in the Flash
    Player or with Windows Vista.

    dadonk Guest