Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player causes IE7 to crash - Macromedia Flash Player

:mad; I use Win XP Home with SP2 and IE7, on a 2 week old PC (so both were OEM loaded). I have installed Flash Player in order to get a decent experience from websites. On one site - and one site only - anything from 15 to 120 seconds after the home page has loaded, I get a message that "IE has encountered a problem and needs to close". By sending an error report to M/Soft and then getting the message box with a 'More Information' option, every time this says that it is Flash Player that has caused ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player causes IE7 to crash

    :mad;
    I use Win XP Home with SP2 and IE7, on a 2 week old PC (so both were OEM
    loaded).
    I have installed Flash Player in order to get a decent experience from
    websites.

    On one site - and one site only - anything from 15 to 120 seconds after the
    home page has loaded, I get a message that "IE has encountered a problem and
    needs to close". By sending an error report to M/Soft and then getting the
    message box with a 'More Information' option, every time this says that it is
    Flash Player that has caused the crash.
    I am directed to the Macromedia/Adobe site to update Falsh - but I already
    have the latest verison installed. My version in the
    Windows/System32/Macromedia/Flash directory is Flash9e.ocx.
    Based on tips seen elsewhere, I have even added a copy of this in the same
    directory and renamed it as Flash.ocx.

    Further more, I have uninstalled (using the Adobe/Macromedia special
    uninstaller) and then re-installed (every time downloading a new copy of Flash
    from Adobe and/or Macromedia) at least 6 times in the last 10 days, each
    installation being clean, with no programmes running and no anti-virus or
    anti-spyware software running at all.

    This is driving me absoutely potty, as no-one can offer any help - not Adobe
    e-mail Technical Support, not MIcrosoft, not the PC supplier, not the wesbite
    where the problem is, no-one.
    Yet it is a real problem but no-one is prepared to take ownership of it.

    Has anyone in the communities got any ideas as to how to solve this?

    Many thanks
    bolehill

    PS: Neither Flash nor IE7 were upgrade installations - they were installed as
    new.

    bolehill Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Flash player causes IE7 to crash

    Removed by Administrator
    Cooter85 Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    Thanks, if I find a solution, I will post it here.
    It's jusy so annoying that it seeme fine on some sites - especially those with
    just changing still pictures as opposed to movies or videos.

    I really think Adobe/Macromedia shoud get this sorted - I notice that others
    were haing this problem months ago, yet it is still happening, so all the
    possible workarounds don't work all the time. It needs a proper fix.

    bolehill Guest

  4. #4

    Hey Bolehill, I fixed the problem. When I installed my new video card (NVidia
    GeForce 8400 GS) there were some trace files of my last video card forceware
    still installed. I ran Driver Cleaner (found here):
    http://www.download3k.com/DownloadLink1-Driver-Cleaner-Professional.html
    and that fixed it. I'm hearing lots of people have this problem because of
    hardware/software conflicts locally in thier computers. So double check
    everything and hopefully you can find the problem and fix it. Good luck, bro.

    Cooter85 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Cooter

    Well done!!

    I will try this but, being a bit of a pessimist, don't hold out much hope, as
    my PC is a new 'retail purchased' one, and has thus had just one video card and
    no hardware changes since purchase.

    But the Driver Cleaner software sounds worth having anywae, so I'll get it and
    see what happens.

    Thanks - I'll try and remember to let you know hat happens (in case it works
    and I get so excited I get totallly carried away with euphioria....!).

    Cheers

    bolehill Guest

  6. #6

    I hope someone can help me here..my i.e keep crashing since i downloaded the
    newest flash..9.16..This just started happening to me as of this week.

    Also i play games alot and when i go to upload a game thats a bit longer..it
    stops..like half way through..it loads like..36-75% of the way..then just
    stops..this has been happening for awhile now..and im not sure how to fix this..

    I've read alot..about registry problems..uninstall and reinstall...both flash
    and i.e..video card updates...just want someone to point me in the right
    direction..what to do as opposed to do it all..where to start more or less..And
    please be advised i dont know anything of computer registry..i dont even know
    where to find it..lol..

    It seems its getting worse...I really hope they find a solution to this..i
    wish there were other players..that could view internet content..this just
    happens with games...as far as i can see its really all i do on here.

    FLASH 9.16
    WXP sp2
    I.E 7..not the beta
    FIREFOX as well this happens in..the game part..and not being able to view
    flash content..games only loading part of the way.

    Kittylondon Guest

  7. #7

    hey kitty, ask the guys at http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/
    They are really helpful, and everyone pitches in to troubleshoot peoples
    problems, I go there on a daily basis just to read and learn from those guys
    fixing problems. Hopefully they can be of help. Make sure to give the specs of
    your computer in your post.
    Good luck, I know it's a pain not to have flash.

    Cooter85 Guest

  8. #8

    Ok. So I think this is the 3rd thread I've posted in on the same problem. I'm
    not running IE7 but I have been getting this same error in IE6 for over the
    past month now. I've tried unistalling it and re-installing it. That didn't
    help. I even wiped out computer and decided to install/upgrade windows xp
    professional hoping that would fix it but i've had no luck and adobe obviously
    is not listening or dosen't care. So has anyone found a solution to this yet?

    ~Rana

    candykid313 Guest

  9. #9

    Hi there thanks for the reply...pretty bad when i have to be defered from a
    flash forum with a flash issue..to another forum...in hopes that other users
    can help me there...lol..thanks for reply..will continue to wait here as well
    in hopes someone from adobe will see this...thanks ppl.

    Kittylondon Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Cooter

    Well, it looks like I have fixed the problem too, but not quite in the same
    way as you did - although what you suggested led me there eventually.

    Having read your message, I downloaded the Device Cleaner software and then
    read the ReadMe file that came with it. I don't have either NTI or nvidia
    drivers for my graphics card, but I have an Intel Express Chipset.

    So on reading the file, I just wondered if my Display Adapter driver needing
    updating, so I went via My Computer; Mange; Device Manager; expanded the
    Display Adapter and right clicked the resulting driver. From this menu, I went
    to Properties and then the Driver tab of this. I then selected Update Driver
    and let Windows do its stuff, allowing it to search for an updated driver. Hey
    presto, it found one somewhere on the system (it definitley did not go to the
    Internet), and, having rebooted after the driver update (as required by the
    system), I can now access the website that caused the problems without IE7
    closing straight away.

    So it appears that the iesue is around a conflict between the main dispaly
    adapter drivers and Flash and the way round this is to make sure that the
    display adapter driver is 110% up-to-date (and in your case, also that there is
    no trace left of the old driver).

    Maybe this will help others....?

    Cheers
    Bolehill:grin;

    bolehill Guest

  11. #11

    Congratulations, well done Bolehill
    Cooter85 Guest

  12. #12

    On Dec 14 2007, 10:09am, "bolehill" <com>
    wrote:

    I have HP media center running 32 bit Vista Prem. and it keeps causing
    my steme to crash. When will they fix this problem?
    Ray_Jo_Lind@roadrunner.com Guest

  13. #13

    I am having a problem with Flash player. Just about every time I try to get on
    the internet I get the microsoft has an encountered a problem. The problem is
    always related to FLASH9e.ocx. I have uninstalled with the uninstall file at
    the flash player site. I have downloaded again. I have done this so many times
    I am sick of it. I can get on the internet if I disable this stupid add on but
    then if I go to certain websites I can't view anything but a blank window with
    a red X in the corner. I have gone to every trouble shooting site Adobe has
    posted and I am not getting any help. I even tried to uninstall and then
    install an older version at old version site and that did not work. This seems
    to be a very big issue according to all the posts on this site and others.
    Adobe needs to fix this and fast. Has anyone thought about contacting one of
    the major news stations as they always seem to enjoy making it known when a
    large company has irate consumers

    L.T.M.0128 Guest

  14. #14

    Hi LTM
    Although not a fan of Flash/Adobe support, it may not be the fault of Flash -
    see my solution a couple of messages earlier.
    Have you checked to see if your display adapter driver is the latest and up to
    date? Don't rely on Microsoft/Windows update to send you one automatically -
    do a specific check via the route I suggested.

    If that doesn't work, try Cooter's solution a couple of mesages before that.

    I think the problem is actually a conflict between the Flash driver and your
    screen/display adapter driver - not necessarily just Flash on its own.

    Sure, Flash/Adobe should do something to resolve the conflict, except knowing
    the big boys, they will no doubt say that the fault is with the other driver,
    not theirs.

    As to getting the press involved - do you really think this is big enough to
    attract their attention? But you could do worse than trying 'Ask Jack' in the
    IT section of The Guardian as a place to start if you wanted?

    Good luck

    bolehill Guest

  15. #15

    you are probably right about the media but you would think a company as large
    as this one is and as many people there are that have to rely on their so
    called better versions they would take a little pride in their programs and
    want it to work

    L.T.M.0128 Guest

  16. #16

    Congratulations, well done Bolehill

    Thanks
    dhintana Guest

  17. #17

    [q]Originally posted by: L.T.M.0128
[...]
    large company has irate consumers[/q]

    I have the same problem as you, Adobe really needs to take a look at this

    Kelevra79 Guest

  18. #18

    Downloaded these new drivers and my (small) Flash problem was solved too. Thanks for the tips in here.
    Internet-marketing Guest

  19. #19

    I'm having the same problems since I upgraded my flash, I will try updating all the drivers on my PC and if that doesn't work I'll just have to uninstall the latest flash I downloaded
    AdobeStyles Guest

  20. #20

    What exact drivers do you need to download Internet-marketing?
    wilfordsy Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast