Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player does not work on Non Admin accounts - Macromedia Flash Player

I have 2 citrix servers running Windows Server 2k3. Flash installs and plays fine as the administrator, but once logged in as a regular user. Flash does not work. I have set the security permissions for the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder so that non admin users can modify and write to the folder. That did not work, flash asks to install, but when you click ok, it becomes a red X. Any ideas? :confused;...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player does not work on Non Admin accounts

    I have 2 citrix servers running Windows Server 2k3. Flash installs and plays
    fine as the administrator, but once logged in as a regular user. Flash does not
    work. I have set the security permissions for the
    C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder so that non admin users can modify
    and write to the folder. That did not work, flash asks to install, but when you
    click ok, it becomes a red X. Any ideas? :confused;

    tekster17 Guest

  2. #2

    I Have the same problem on our Windows 2003 server. Asdministrators are OK, but
    no other users can access applications relying on flash player 9. We never had
    this problem with older versions. Adobe provided an stand alone installer, but
    that still causes the same problem. Very frustrating!

    sprsl Guest

  3. #3

    Read BWolfe [ADOBE]'s post titled : Resolving Windows Flash Player permission
    related issues 9/2007
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1301609&highlight_key=y and see if that helps.

    need Guest

  4. #4

    i had tried giving permissions to the Flash folder and that didnt work :<
    tekster17 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi all,

    Please see the following article that may address this issue:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/624850b5

    ?After successful installation under the Windows Administrator account,
    Restricted User accounts are unable to display Flash Player content.?

    This issue is never encountered with a new install of Windows. It is sometimes
    encountered with older images and it is strictly an issue with the ActiveX
    installer not for plug-ins.

    Please reply to this thread with your results. If the registry fix mentioned
    on this article helps, we will update the doent to reflect that it is still
    an issue.

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  6. #6

    Have you fixed this problem yet?
    freshmus Guest

  7. #7

    i have flash 9,0,115,0 so when i allow permissions to the ocx file. the
    nonadmin account tries to install the 124 version, and when i tried installing
    115 under the limited account and running it as admin, still didnt work, dont
    know why

    tekster17 Guest