Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player Downloading, but can't see content. - Macromedia Flash Player

I have been trying to install Flash Player for three days now. I have gone through every support step that was listed and still I can't see any content. Started with the install, didn't work; next came the unistall and reinstall didn't work. Upgraded browser, didn't work. Checked IE settings, didn't work. Checked Admin access, didn't work. Look in registry (as per adobe support instructions), nothing wrong. Please, please, please, help!...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player Downloading, but can't see content.

    I have been trying to install Flash Player for three days now. I have gone
    through every support step that was listed and still I can't see any content.
    Started with the install, didn't work; next came the unistall and reinstall
    didn't work. Upgraded browser, didn't work. Checked IE settings, didn't work.
    Checked Admin access, didn't work. Look in registry (as per adobe support
    instructions), nothing wrong.

    Please, please, please, help!

    s83982c Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player Downloading, but can't see content.

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  3. #3

    Try this first: Instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash Player:

    1. First download the uninstaller to your desktop from here
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157[/url]
    2. Before running this uninstaller be sure to read the instruction and close
    all running programs.
    3. Open the following folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
    4. Run the uninstaller
    5. What files are left in this folder? C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
    6. If there are files left, delete the Flash folder.
    7. Install the Flash Player from here: [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer[/url]
    8. Test the Flash Player here: [url]http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/[/url]

    If the Flash Player did not install properly, there may be a permissions issue
    within your Windows Registry. Please login as the Administrator (NOT a User
    with Admin privileges) and follow these instructions to open the registry.

    Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing
    or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage
    which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not
    comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If
    you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system
    backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding. Adobe Systems
    cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from this information.

    1. Select Start > Run
    2. Type in ?regedit?
    3. Right click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    4. Select Permissions
    5. Select Advanced

    For Vista

    Compare your permissions with the ones in this screenshot. Reply with any
    differences that you see.

    [url]http://www.supportflash.com/vista_key.png[/url]

    For Window XP PRO

    Compare your permissions with the ones in this doent (scroll down to the
    bottom of page). Reply with any differences that you see.

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb400116[/url]

    Thanks, -Darren

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  4. #4

    Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work and there was nothing in the
    c:/windows/system32/macromed/flash folder after the uninstallation program ran.
    It eliminated everything.

    I went into regedit and right clicked on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Under permission
    entries there is nothing. It doesn't look at all like the example. Should I
    be adding something??? Also the box for Inherit from parent the
    permission......explicitly defined here. is checked and it is not in the
    example...???

    s83982c Guest

  5. #5

    Is this Windows XP Home or Pro or Vista? Have you ever run any Window system
    registry cleaners?

    Having no groups listed here: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT does indicate a serious system
    registry permission issue. I would be happy to help you with this. I sent you a
    private message please respond to my email and I will try to help you fix this
    issue.

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  6. #6

    Hi s83982c,

    Please send me an email to my temp address here:

    [email]support_flashhotmail.com[/email]
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  7. #7

    I have XP Pro. To my knowledge I have never run any registry cleaners.

    I do run spybot, ad-aware, and Norton on pretty regular basis.
    s83982c Guest

  8. #8

    I would like to help you fix this Window System Registry issue. Please reply to my email, when you are available.
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  9. #9

    Hi s83982c,

    Thanks for taking the time to work with me on this issue. I am happy we were
    able to resolve it.

    This was a Windows System Registry Issue. The registry permissions where
    changed or corrupted and this prevented the Flash Player installation. This is
    not caused by Flash Player but it will prevent it?s installation.

    This was resolved using a tool called SubInACL built by Microsoft to correct
    system registry issues.

    What to look for:

    1. If you install Flash Player on IE and are unable to see Flash content on
    any webpage
    2. After installation C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash will have flash
    9c.ocx in it but it failed to register
    3. It appears that Flash Player installed correctly, but unable to view Flash
    content
    4. Flash Player works on other browsers, but NOT Internet Explorer
    5. If you are missing groups in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT Advanced Permissions
    6. If you have run registry cleaners in the past, this may have corrupted your
    system

[...]

    Notice and major differences, missing groups, incorrect permissions?

    How can you repair the System Registry, what's the fix

    Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the
    Flash Player Installation.

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=fb1634cb[/url]

    If you have a Windows System Registry permission issue that sounds like the
    one described above, SubINACL may be the solution.

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  10. #10

    and why is it so difficult to create and incorporate in the installer a script which does it all automatically???
    dududududududududdad Guest

  11. #11

    Hi dududududududududdad,

    Well for starters, this is a Windows System Registry issue. Not a Flash Player
    issue. We would not want to run Microsoft?s SubInACL on a healthy machine. The
    script can take up to twenty minutes to fix the registry. I don?t think people
    would be very happy with that.

    This Microsoft registry problem can be fixed by with a Microsoft tool.

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  12. #12

    Well for starters, it's ok with me as a webmaster to go trough the above
    procedure. what about regular not tech aware visitor?? do you think they would
    want to come back to my website if i ask them to do all this?
    these problems with flash player installation are the exact reason for a
    growing trend among developers to move away from the flash content to good old
    HTML. well, may i add: unfortunately..

    dududududududududdad Guest

  13. #13

    I am out here trying to help people who have corrupt Windows registry systems.
    Remember this is a Windows issue. If anyone thinks their registry may be in a
    bad state please send me an email at [email]support_flashhotmail.com[/email] and I will help
    you fix it.

    Use the references from above to help you compare your system registry with a
    new healthy one.

    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  14. #14

    :beer; This worked great, but you need to follow through with all the steps to
    make sure that you are not running the fix without having the symtoms. Kudos
    to Adobe for taking the time to call from CA to PA and fixing a Microsoft
    problem! If more companies support pages were like this, there would be a lot
    more happy users. Listen to what Darren has to say, he knows what he is
    talking about. Well, again, thank you to Adobe and happy flash design!!!

    s83982c Guest

  15. #15

    I am having the same trouble with a blank permissions in my Registery. Would
    love to figure this out so I can get back to playing my online games. Please
    Help me out too....Mr Darren McNally.

    Tank you ever so much.

    If need be I can be directly contacted at [email]schawn_rolfe[/email]

    Eagleheart75 Guest

  16. #16

    Hi Eagleheart75,

    I sent you an email so we can set a time to work on this issue. I look forward to helping you resolve this.
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

  17. #17

    :grin; Hey thanks again Darren the solution really did the trick. I am back up and running. Thanks for helping me with this.
    Eagleheart75 Guest

  18. #18

    Darren, you've got another satisfied customer - thanks for the fix. I probably
    corrupted my registry by running the wrong registry cleaning software at one
    point or another, but the fix worked and I'm now up and running. I'm a
    dinosaur that still has dialup, but its a pretty small download to get the fix.

    YpsiKid Guest

  19. #19

    Darren, I too have a blank register. i have been reading everyone problem.but can't fix my own
    Larry1luv Guest

  20. #20

    Hi Larry1luv,

    Send an email to me at [email]support_flashhotmail.com[/email] and I will help you fix this Windows system registry issue.
    Darren McNally - Adobe Guest

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast