Professional Web Applications Themes

flash player failed to install - Macromedia Flash Player

OK so i've been trying to install flash player 9 for a long time now. But every time i've tried it gives me a message : Flash player 9 failed to install, for troubleshooting tips, go to adobe.com/ something someting yadayada I've done ALL the troubleshooting tips, and i'd really really really like to be able to watch videos again Please help me!! Sincerely Kyle...

  1. #1

    Default flash player failed to install

    OK so i've been trying to install flash player 9 for a long time now. But
    every time i've tried it gives me a message : Flash player 9 failed to install,
    for troubleshooting tips, go to adobe.com/ something someting yadayada I've
    done ALL the troubleshooting tips, and i'd really really really like to be able
    to watch videos again Please help me!! Sincerely Kyle

    c01ord3af Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: flash player failed to install

    Most of my installation problems have stemed from a failure to completely
    uninstall previous versions properly. The Flash9e.ocx and/or FlashUtil9e.exe
    file are not deleted. They are marked readonly and cannot be deleted by hand,
    even in safe mode. Try uninstalling using uninstall_flash_player.exe. Remember
    to shut down all other applications and to reboot after the uninstall finishes.
    Warning: This does not always work. The last time I was told to dump I.E. and
    switch to Firefox. Not gonna happen.

    wawenri Guest

  3. #3

    I know, i've already tried uninstalling flash many times, i have rebooted,
    i've reinstalled, i've even made new user accounts on my computer to use flash,
    nothing works!!! And i'd really like to watch youtube videos again.
    Anyone?

    c01ord3af Guest

  4. #4

    Yah I know im going through the exact same pain rite now.

    (sigh...................)
    mac-daddy122 Guest

  5. #5

    SOMEONE HELP!!!

    I want to watch videos!!!
    c01ord3af Guest

  6. #6

    Sorry for my english.

    If you have installed BitComet, try to uninstall it or switch back to previous version (e.g. 0.96) . Or some program may be conflict with flash player. Check and uninstall it.
    Prayut Guest

  7. #7

    I just tried it, I didn't have it on my computer so there was no way to remove it.

    Which again leads me to the statement:
    Someone help!!
    c01ord3af Guest

  8. #8

    The only way I can think of is to unistall Flash Player 9 and download Flash Player 8 until adobe fixes this problem.
    Black_Hornet Guest

  9. #9

    Good idea B.H., I'll try it tomorrow. I saw there's also a 'debugger' version
    of the 9 player. I'm like the OP in that I've tried and tried and tried and
    the player won't install. The tool downloaded from MS has given a significant
    clue that it's a registry problem .. it can't find reg keys? And I located a
    page giving all reg keys you're supposed to fuss with (set permissions for?)
    and it's the length of an encyclopedia.

    Arrghmatey Guest

  10. #10

    thats a good idea, except for the fact that when you download flash player 8,
    it wont let you watch videos because its not the latest version, secondly, its
    not an adobe problem, because when i'm with my friends, their flash player
    works fine, which leads me to the same statement:
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

    c01ord3af Guest

  11. #11

    somebody pleeaasseee help!!!
    I can't stand this!
    c01ord3af Guest

  12. #12

    I found a solution that may help with the Flash Player installation. I have
    Windows XP Home and Internet Explorer 7. I did EVERYTHING tech support and
    other users suggested, but had no luck on Internet Explorer. I followed the
    suggestion to download Firefox, and then I was able to download and use Flash
    Player, but it would only work with Firefox. It would not work with Explorer.
    Coincidentally, in trying to open another unrelated application, I was told
    that Windows could not open it and I chose the option to use the Internet to
    search for a way to open it. It prompted to download additional software, and
    one of the options was a free version of a registry compression tool called
    "Stuffit". After downloading and installing Stuffit, I once again followed
    Adobe tech support's original instructions for Flash Player.
    1. Make sure you are in Administrator Mode.
    2. Make sure your Active X settings are correct.
    3. Make sure your popup blocker is turned off.
    4. Use the Flash Player uninstaller, making sure all applications are closed,
    and all users are logged off.
    5. Then download Flash Player 9 using a standalone installer from the
    following:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266 (Archived Adobe Flash Players available for
    testing purposes).
    6. After downloading the installer, make sure all other applications and
    windows are closed, then open the ?9r115?
    folder and run the ?flashplayer9r115_winax.exe? file.
    7. Afterwards, verify if the Flash Player installed successfully by going to
    the version test page:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507

    This finally worked for me after NOTHING else did. I hope it helps you.

    googoogajoo Guest