Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player keeps asking to be installed - Macromedia Flash Player

hi, in the last week i have been receiving, everytime i go to a flash content webpage, a message to install macromedia flash player 8. After i have agreed to install it the same message appears, and i still can't see any flash content . I'm sure I had flash player 8 previously installed. I've been around the forums and the technical support but i haven't found any solution. My OS is Windows XP SP2, my web browser is IE 6....

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player keeps asking to be installed

    hi, in the last week i have been receiving, everytime i go to a flash content
    webpage, a message to install macromedia flash player 8. After i have agreed to
    install it the same message appears, and i still can't see any flash content .
    I'm sure I had flash player 8 previously installed. I've been around the forums
    and the technical support but i haven't found any solution. My OS is Windows XP
    SP2, my web browser is IE 6.

    Tayled Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player keeps asking to be installed

    I am having the same problem. My initial attempt at installation failed and
    ever since then it keeps trying to install the player. The player shows up in
    the Add/Remove programs list where it cannot be removed in the usual manner. I
    downloaded the utility from Adobe to remove the player...and this does remove
    it from the list but attempts to re-install the player continue to fail. I
    have checked all the registry permissions as suggested in support FAQ's and
    these appear to be O.K....so I am at a loss as to how to get the player
    installed correctly. I also tried a new browser installation(Internet Explorer
    7 beta2)...no joy there either... Must be a registry issue? Any help anyone?

    AskWhynot Guest

  3. #3

    I have the same problem, but nothing is in the Add/Remove programs list. This started for me after i deleted/reinstalled J2SE, but I'm not sure if that is the cause or not.
    lancetronic Guest

  4. #4

    Yes i am getting same problem this messes me up as well as i use a lot of test
    sites etc,,why have this company not sorted it!!
    Its crazy i have tried everything but cant get flash to work,i uninstalled the
    reinstalled ,loaded in fine done,,but when i go on site etc says must have
    flash player,,ITS LIKE WHAT IVE GOT IT,,COME ON FLASH GUYS GIVE US THE DAMN
    SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM,,BY THE WAY XP PRO,WINDOWS JUST IN CASE...
    ANYBODY FINDS THE SOLUTION PLEASE LET US KNOW...THANX

    warlockuss Guest

  5. #5

    OK, here is another one. I have the same issue. I have tried nearly all things,
    but no result. I have same problem with v6.0 and v7.0 players but i solved that
    with reinstalling OS(Windows XP SP2 with IE 6). Now don't have time for that so
    i am truly ed off!!. I was using v8.5 when developing Flex 2.0 apps for 2
    months without single problem, and about a hour ago i have got the problem. I
    am suddenly stuck in place and with no hope. I tried the thing with registry
    caused by some anty-spyware - firewall software, but again notting, i have
    tested 3 diferent browsers(with several ver. of players) and nope, uinstallers
    don't work.......... arghhhh i going insane something i very very wrong. We
    must find solution! Keep on trying folks!!!!

    AlekT Guest

  6. #6

    Me too - same problem. The Flash version identifier reports player 8 is
    installed. But when I go to Web sites they say I need to install Flash Player
    8 and direct me to the player install page. What gives? Can't find help
    anywhere!

    Windos Media Center 2005 - SP 2
    Internet Explorer Version 7 beta
    (but same problem occurs under Mozilla, Opera):|

    az_mike Guest

  7. #7

    I bumped in to the following which helped me to resolve the problem.

    <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-player-fix.htm">[url]http://www.amarasoftwar[/url]
    e.com/flash-player-fix.htm</a>

    1) First uninstall the current most likly corrupted Flash player.
    2) Then install the Flash player from the official adobe website, somehow
    installing it from another source was causing problems again.

    mberndsen Guest

  8. #8

    ok guys, i got it working somehow. not sure if all these steps are needed, but
    i'll list everything i did:
    1. use the adobe uninstaller, get it at <a target=_blank
    class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157,">http://
    www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157,</a> and uninstall
    any and all flash players.

    2. restart

    3. after restart i installed internet explorer 7 beta (not sure if this
    affected anything)

    4.download the flash install file from adobe.com

    i also read somewhere, that restarting after install might work, i didn't need
    to though. hopes this helps you guys out. oh yeah, if you guys don't know,
    there's an faq, might help too. <a target=_blank
    class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15511">[url]http://w[/url]
    ww.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15511</a>

    lancetronic Guest

  9. #9

    OK GUYS THINK I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM WELL IT WORKED FOR ME...

    FIRST GO TO SEARCH MAKE SURE YOU PUT SEARCH ON ADVANCED IE ALL SUB FOLDERS
    ETC..

    THEN TYPE IN LOWER CASE ON SEARCH(( flash)) THATS ALL YOU NEED TO TYPE...WAIT
    A WHILE LOADS OF FILES ETC WILL SHOW UP..WHEN DONE LOOK FOR A BLUE ROUND SYMBOL
    ON THE LIST CALLED (get flash.)..

    RIGHT CLICK ON THIS THEN OPEN CONTAING FOLDER,WHEN YOU DO DOUBLE CLICK ON THE
    OPEN FOLDER THAT SAYS(( get flash)), MAKE SURE BY THE WAY YOU ARE ON LINE.

    .WHEN YOU DO DOUBLE CLICK IT ,YOU WILL BE ASKED TO UPDATE!! DO SO!!..THEN
    RESTART YA PC AFTER DONE..IT WORKED FOR ME ..TOOK ME AGES TO GET THIS PROB
    SORTED AND IN THE END IT WAS SIMPLE BUT ALL THINGS ARE ONCE YOU KNOW..

    ALSO JUST IN CASE BEFORE THIS GO TO INTERNET OPTION AND SET EVERYTHING TO
    DEFAULT..GOOD LUCK ..HOPE IT WORKS FOR..YOU...

    KEV..
    LONDON UK

    warlockuss Guest

  10. #10

    Win98se/IE6sp1: Been trying to install Flash8 for over a month and finally got
    it.
    Whilst browsing through this forum, I saw a post where somebody mentioned
    "incomplete install."

    On a hunch, I tried again and before closing my brower, I peeked in the
    Temporary Internet Files folder and saw a download package cached there. I
    opened it with Winzip and extracted the 5 files to a new folder, closed
    everything, rebooted and ran "GetFlash.exe" locally.

    Oh joy! it now works... previous attempts completely hosed ALL flash on my
    machine. I tried everything, ran the Uninstaller, cleaned the Registry, even
    tried to install a previous version. The only thing that worked was
    reinstalling Windows/IE and the very next upgrade attempt killed it again.

    Thanks to all for posting your experiences/tips. And thanks to Adobe for
    wasting several days of my time.
    --
    Robert W. Jones \|/ "jonesybob"

    jonesybob Guest

  11. #11

    I have been trying for weeks now to view webpages like [url]www.toyota.com[/url] and
    [url]www.nissanusa.com[/url]. I am always asked to install flash player. I have done this
    several times and it still does not work. I have uninstalled, cleaned up the
    registery, made sure that macromedia is not on a list of untrusted publishers
    etc. I am really getting irritated with Adobe. They need to find a fix soon!

    ski4fun2k Guest

  12. #12

    Lancetronic,

    YOU DID IT!!!! I was being driven nuts trying to install flash player 8. Your
    advice worked perfectly. Why Adobe can't post this in their faqs is beyond me.
    Hope it works for everyone else.

    kjharvey Guest

  13. #13

    Ok sorry for delay, but i had i lot of work lately. I solved this 1 week ago
    (not permanently but works). This worked for me:
    1. I was reding the: GETTING TO BE A REAL PROBLEM!!!! - "<a target=_blank
    class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&thr
    eadid=1148342&enterthread=y">[url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messag[/url]
    eview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=1148342&enterthread=y </a> thread" so a french guy:
    ~Jean-Marc~ wrote this <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/FlashRepair.exe">[url]http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/Flash[/url]
    Repair.exe</a> patch which seems to reapair problem with registry key changed
    by antivirus / antispyware software. I use it, but it didnt help me a lot so i
    tried a number of installs and uninstalls of the player( not the ActiveX ver)
    and it did't work.
    2. I use CrapCleaner - <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge
    href="http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/">[url]http://filehippo.com/download_ccl[/url]
    eaner/</a> to delete any left out registry of previous installations of
    palyers, use it with coution(do back up of the registry) and after new fresh
    install of the palyer and putting Jean-Marc's patch finally i got it working.

    AlekT Guest

  14. #14

    ihave the same problem it says that i have to download flash 8 but i already downloaded somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    macbschp Guest

  15. #15

    the same problem i have help me how to fix it
    macbschp Guest

  17. #17

    I've been frustrated with this problem in both Firefox and IE, and after
    reading the various solutions, here is what worked for me. (Note--I did not
    want to download a beta of IE 7 so that was out.) I had already used the Adobe
    uninstall utility, and that didn't help in either browser. For IE, I used
    Warlockuss's suggestion to search for flash--the actual file is getflash.exe.
    I found several, and the one I used was in Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.
    Run it, and it will say there is a new version available. Let it update and be
    sure to restart your browser. (You don't have to restart Windows.)

    For Firefox, I went to a web page that wasn't working and Firefox popped up
    its own "update plug-in" interface, and that worked perfectly (didn't even need
    to restart). However, there is also a getflash.exe file in the Firefox
    directory Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins, which I presume will work just
    as cleanly.

    I've complained to Adobe about this -- no gold bar ever appeared on the
    download page, I had all pop-up blockers, firewalls, Spyware blockers turned
    off, all to no avail. The above is what worked great for me (FINALLY). Hope
    it helps.

    OscarCatus Guest

  18. #18

    Ok Guys

    Here is the one the worked for me:

    1. If you have non-working flash currently installed procede to step 3

    2. If not, install the flash player from the adobe web site:

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer[/url]

    3. After installing the non-working flash player, I use CrapCleaner -

    [url]http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/[/url]

    4. Once you open the Crap Cleaner software, click the "Applications tab and
    uncheck everything except for the "Multimedia" and the "Macromedia Flash"
    boxes.

    5. Click the "Run Cleaner" button to delete any left out registry of previous
    installations of players.

    6. This should get it working, but if not, run this file:

    [url]http://docxp.mvps.org/b1n/FlashRepair.exe[/url] patch

    ...seems to repair problem with registry key changed by antivirus /
    antispyware software.

    ....I know it was long, but this is what worked for me....

    Good Luck

    Spitgray Guest

  19. #19

    I suggest that you check to see if the "Active X Filtering" is highlighted with a"tick"!
    (Click IE Tools, 4th heading down in IE9)

    REMOVE the marker and try again by going back to BBC IPlayer (assuming that Flash Player has been installed).
    If you still have problems, go to the Adobe site, and download the "Remove Flash Player " software and then reinstall software from their site.
    Hope it works
    Unregistered Guest