Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player not working on some websites & have foundRegestry keys of older Flash players. - Macromedia Flash Player

For what it is worth, I did find the site to check the compatability issue I previously referenced. From the Adobe Flash Player Support Center, select "Why is my Adobe Flash Player not Working Correctly". Then select "What can I check if my player is installed I still see no Content." Look for POPUP Blocker blocking Flash. Tech note 19091. There is a suggestion for two different ways to solve the problem. If you go the route of the registry, export a copy before making any changes. That way you can undo what you did. The other is to install ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Flash player not working on some websites & havefound Regestry keys of older Flash players.

    For what it is worth, I did find the site to check the compatability issue I
    previously referenced.

    From the Adobe Flash Player Support Center, select "Why is my Adobe Flash
    Player not Working Correctly". Then select "What can I check if my player is
    installed I still see no Content." Look for POPUP Blocker blocking Flash.
    Tech note 19091.

    There is a suggestion for two different ways to solve the problem.

    If you go the route of the registry, export a copy before making any changes.
    That way you can undo what you did.

    The other is to install an earlier version of Flash.

    Hope this helps if you are still having problems.

    DowntownCat Guest

  2. #22

    Default Re: Flash player not working on some websites & havefound Regestry keys of older Flas

    Quote Originally Posted by DowntownCat View Post
    I, too, was having problems with the most recent version of Flash 9. I would
    install, uninstall, and reinstall. Finally, I came to the conclusion that
    Flash 9 was installed correctly, and there was another problem.

    The solution was very simple as it turns out (at least for me on my HOME XP,
    with Internet Explorer).

    Do a search (right click START, search) for "Flash" on your hard drive (C:\)
    probably. You may want to expand the search if necessary.

    What you are looking for is a folder "Flash Player" under each user account.

    The line should look something like this:

    Flash Player C:\doent and settings\USER ACCOUNT\application
    data\macromedia\

    Delete each folder for the user account. If you are not comfortable
    deleting, you may want to rename the folder temporarily until you have a chance
    to test. (I deleted one user account folder, then when Flash worked for that
    user, I deleted the rest, and Flash is now working for all my user accounts
    again).

    Do not delete any folder under \System 32, however. You are only looking for
    FLASH PLAYER under user accounts, nowhere else.

    Once you login to the Internet under an account, Flash will re-create these
    folders.

    If you look in the folders (before you delete) you will see a list of sites
    you have visited. These are the ones you are probably having trouble with I
    would suspect.

    I would also suspect that if you were to create a new user, sites you can not
    presently see under old accounts will work for the new account. So, you may
    want to test this first although I did not do that - too frustrated.

    The above worked for me (and that was after about 30 hours of trying
    everything else).

    I hope this will save some a lot of frustration.
    This worked for me, thank you so much!!
    I had reinstalled numerous times, even under safe mode, could not get it to work. Worked on some sites but not others.

    I had at first just put the folders in a new folder (there were 4 of them in Macromedia) and after restarting my browser, the site that didn't work, worked, :D
    Unregistered Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12