Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player not working on some websites & have foundRegestry keys of older Flash players. - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi, like many people here I have problems seeing flash content on some websites but other websites work fine. I also found that YOUTUBE works properly but whenever I click the fullscreen button, nothing happens. I've tried turning off my Norton completely and have also looked to see if the continued...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player not working on some websites & have foundRegestry keys of older Flash players.

    Hi, like many people here I have problems seeing flash content on some websites
    but other websites work fine. I also found that YOUTUBE works properly but
    whenever I click the fullscreen button, nothing happens. I've tried turning
    off my Norton completely and have also looked to see if the appropriate
    Registry Key was available. The Flash player 9 key was there but so were keys
    of previous flash versions, could this be my problem?

    Also, I looked into my IE Explorer 7 plugins folder and found an Adobe plug-in
    dating back to 2005, it was version 7 or something. There does'nt seem to be
    any flash player file in that folder.

    Please help.

    TJX21 Guest

  2. #2

    I've emailed one of the tech support dudes but still no response, any idea on when tech support usually responds?
    TJX21 Guest

  3. #3

    If you emailed us directly then we might not respond. You have to open a case
    and go through the process...

    You have to a few things, in order:
    1. Delete safeversions (which you did, now you have to delete that folder as
    described in Emerging Issues)
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=4a8d52ae[/url]

    2. After that, uninstall/reinstall Flash Player.

    Sometimes that's enough. But usually not. In your case it may be. I"m
    guessing you upgraded to Vista recently?

    At that point you have to run SubInACL as in this technote:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/fb1634cb[/url]

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  4. #4

    Well I deleted the safeversions folder from the REG editor, uninstalled and
    reinstalled and still no fix. Did I have to restart my computer after everyone
    of those steps? If so should I try again or go ahead with SubInACL proceedure?
    Also, no I have not upgraded to Vista recently I'm still stuck with XP SP2 and
    using IE 7. These problems happened maybe in just the last five days or so.

    TJX21 Guest

  5. #5

    You should proceed with SubInACL at this point.. This is a registry permissions problem and that'll fix it. Not the simplest thing to do, but it should work..
    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  6. #6

    Okay thanks, just one more question before I proceed, the text editor is NOTEPAD right?
    TJX21 Guest

  7. #7

    Well I went ahead anyway, and still nothing. I downloaded the file from
    windows. I uninstalled flash first and then I used notepad and saved the file
    just like the instructions said. I opened the command line and ran SublinACL.
    Then I reinstalled flash, tested it on one of the site that's not working and
    nothing. I tried to see if fullscreen worked on youtube and it still did'nt
    work. I restarted my comp, and then tried again, no luck.

    I uninstalled Flash again then deleted the safeversions folder from the
    Regeditor, and then reinstalled still nothing. Please tell me what I should do
    next, I appreciate your suggestions.

    TJX21 Guest

  8. #8

    I, too, was having problems with the most recent version of Flash 9. I would
    install, uninstall, and reinstall. Finally, I came to the conclusion that
    Flash 9 was installed correctly, and there was another problem.

    The solution was very simple as it turns out (at least for me on my HOME XP,
    with Internet Explorer).

    Do a search (right click START, search) for "Flash" on your hard drive (C:\)
    probably. You may want to expand the search if necessary.

    What you are looking for is a folder "Flash Player" under each user account.

    The line should look something like this:

    Flash Player C:\doent and settings\USER ACCOUNT\application
    data\macromedia\

    Delete each folder for the user account. If you are not comfortable
    deleting, you may want to rename the folder temporarily until you have a chance
    to test. (I deleted one user account folder, then when Flash worked for that
    user, I deleted the rest, and Flash is now working for all my user accounts
    again).

    Do not delete any folder under \System 32, however. You are only looking for
    FLASH PLAYER under user accounts, nowhere else.

    Once you login to the Internet under an account, Flash will re-create these
    folders.

    If you look in the folders (before you delete) you will see a list of sites
    you have visited. These are the ones you are probably having trouble with I
    would suspect.

    I would also suspect that if you were to create a new user, sites you can not
    presently see under old accounts will work for the new account. So, you may
    want to test this first although I did not do that - too frustrated.

    The above worked for me (and that was after about 30 hours of trying
    everything else).

    I hope this will save some a lot of frustration.

    DowntownCat Guest

  9. #9

    I'm the only user of this computer so what I should be looking for is C:\doent and settings\MY NAME\application data\macromedia\ right? Do I have to uninstall Flash first again?
    TJX21 Guest

  10. #10

    There are 3 folders under doents and settings, one with my name, another called All Users, and another called Default User. Should I just delete the Flash player folder under my name?
    TJX21 Guest

  11. #11

    Well I deleted the Flash folder under my name and youtube and other sites still
    don't work properly. Should I try to look if the same folder is under All
    users and Default users? Should I have to restart my computer first?

    TJX21 Guest

  12. #12

    If you do a search for FLASH, you should get several lines.

    One will look like this (or at least it did on my machine):

    FLASH PLAYER C:\doent and settings\account name\applilcation
    data\macromedia\

    The line will begin with a yellow folder icon, then Flash Player . . . . .

    The account name is the user name you either created or was created for you by
    MS. Possible choices are if you did not create any names: "Default user",
    "owner", and "all users".

    To do the search, you must also select "More Advance Options", and check the
    first 3 boxes (search system folders, search subfolders, search hidden files
    and folders), If you do not add these to the search, you will not find the
    line above.

    I had already done a fresh install of Flash9. Once I deleted the
    subfolder under my user account, I opened Internet Explorer, and immediately I
    could get flash content. So, no I did not do a new install, but had followed
    the direction for installing prior to deleting the Flash folder under my user
    accoount.

    DowntownCat Guest

  13. #13

    Yeah I found it on my user name, deleted it, and youtube still can't fullscreen nor do some flash sites work.
    TJX21 Guest

  14. #14

    If it is not working, I would uninstall Flash 9 and reinstall according to the
    website instructions. I would also do a restart after each operation. ( I
    also shut down everything I could in systray, and ran the executables from the
    desktop with IE closed.

    Everytime I installed and uninstalled, I got a message that it was successful,
    but never got a message to restart, although the website said I was to do that.

    I had 3 user accounts each with the Flash Player folder under them. I
    deleted the one under the account I was logged in as, opened IE, and was
    immediately able to get flash content on websites I could not previously. I
    also went to Adobe.com and ran the test for Flash9 installation, and it too
    work. Would not before. I then deleted the folder under all other accounts
    found under \doent and settings\. . . .

    Another possibility to try is to uninstall Flash9. Create a new user, log
    in as that user, and then install Flash9. See if it will work for this new
    user.

    Also, if it were installed under "all users", this may impact every user
    account, so I would delete it if the Flash folder appears under "all users"

    Again, I am using Windows Home XP, IE6.x

    Hope you have better success.

    DowntownCat Guest

  15. #15

    There doesn't seem to be that same flash player folder on All Users or Default Users.
    TJX21 Guest

  16. #16

    There were no subfolders under my generic accounts either.

    The Flash Player folder only appeared under the user names I created and
    logged in as. So they were not under All Users, Default Users, or Home for me.

    Also, once I deleted the Flash Folder (and its subfolders) under the user
    account, and then logged into the Internet, flash content was working. I
    checked, and Flash had created a new subfolder "Flash Player" under the user
    account again.

    Can you go to websites you have never visited and get Flash content? Are you
    only not getting it for sites you had visited under the older version of Flash?

    Again, I would probably make sure Flash is uninstalled properly. Created a
    new user account. Log in as that user, make sure Flash9 installs under the new
    user, and then test it (restart first).

    You may have other issues if that does not work.

    My experience was that the contents of Flash Player folder under my user
    accounts were messing with the new installaion, and once I deleted them,
    everything has been working fine.

    DowntownCat Guest

  17. #17

    I'm thinking now that it must have something to do with a recent windows update on IE 7, I mean everything was working fine until a couple days ago.
    TJX21 Guest

  18. #18

    I am still on IE6. Sounds like a good reason not to un-date.

    Did you check all the settings that Flash9 is to make to the registry.
    Somewhere on the website is a list of lines entered into the registry, and
    their settings.

    One had to do with popup settings. It was located at:

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX
    Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

    I don't recall what the setting was to be, but it is located somewhere on the
    support site.

    Also, in IE7, I think you can disable or enable blocking popups. You may
    want to do one or the other to see what happens.

    Sorry things are not working for you.

    DowntownCat Guest

  19. #19

    That's alright, the weird thing is Fullscreen works on other video sites like
    Google video, and I can actually gain access to Youtube fullscreen videos if I
    manually typed out the URL for the fullscreen video. This problem may just be
    issolated to a few websites and youtube.

    TJX21 Guest

  20. #20

    Soo that's it? There's no forum mods or tech support people who wanna give me more suggestions?
    TJX21 Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast