Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player not working on Safari OSX 10.3.9 - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Can anyone shed some light on this. I upgraded to flashplayer 7 and now I can no longer view flash content on m computer. I have a Mac Powerbook , operating system is OSX 10.3.9 and have qttempted un-installing and re-installing and nothing will give me flash content in either Safari or Internet Explorer. Its driving me nuts! :confused;...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player not working on Safari OSX 10.3.9

    Can anyone shed some light on this. I upgraded to flashplayer 7 and now I can
    no longer view flash content on m computer. I have a Mac Powerbook , operating
    system is OSX 10.3.9 and have qttempted un-installing and re-installing and
    nothing will give me flash content in either Safari or Internet Explorer. Its
    driving me nuts! :confused;

    pocket123 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash player not working on Safari OSX 10.3.9

    I need some insight as well. Mine stopped working all of a sudden today in
    10.3.9. Not sure why. It is ok in Firefox and IE, but not in safari. What
    gives? I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but nada.

    dangerpaco Guest

  3. #3

    I have a similar problem, but i am running 10.4.2 on my G4 Quicksilver using
    Safari and just downloaded the latest player 8 and the frame rate of the video
    is slow. Audio and video don't sinc up. It s and it is also driving me
    crazy. I have a broadband connection and I also tried to uninstall and re
    install flash to see if this would fix the problem but no results. Can anybody
    help???

    mariquitam Guest

  4. #4

    my won't work on safari os x 10.4.2 ... installed/uninstalled and tried again
    but blank space when it's supposed to be flash. funny thing is it works on
    Firefox and IE.

    installation seems to be incomplete as it didn't opened my browser to show the
    macromedia page as it should.

    any light on this? thanks.

    cynics Guest

  5. #5

    Now I've tried the version 8 upgrade and still no love. I've tried Internet
    Explorer, Camino, Firefox whatever. The error code I am getting is Error
    creating folder. 1008:9,-5000 Access denied error. And thenYou do not have
    enough privileges for this installation.

    I am hoping its something simple that I haven't tried. Yes I have
    administration authority when I log in.

    Any advice out there. Heeeeeelp.

    Thanks

    pocket123 Guest

  6. #6

    Normally when Flash Player content is blank it is due to a setting in your
    browser or a firewall blocking Flash Player content. For Example on the Mac
    (10.3.9 is what I tested on) in Internet Explorer if you go to Explorer >
    Preferences > Web Content, you should ensure the "Enable Plugins" is checked.
    Other than that I would make sure your firewalls allow for Plug-in based
    content to come through. I can assure you Flash Player 8 does work normally on
    a Mac 10.3.9 machine.

    ---
    Regards,

    Jason Wylie
    Senior Support Engineer
    Macromedia Technical Support
    Flash Player, Flash, Central

    -- Please limit replies to newsgroup only, for the benefit of the community --

    _jasonWylie Guest

  7. #7

    Does anyone for this flash problem, have a solution for Safari and not internet explorer?

    Thanks
    gpitt Guest

  8. #8

    I am also having this problem, i wish one of the macro techs would give the solution.
    afeks Guest

  9. #9

    I am another unhappy Safari 2.0.1 user. I had no trouble downloading and using
    FlashPlayer 7 this summer on a PowerBook 12" running OS X 10.4.2, and accessing
    a variety of Web sites.

    To my dismay, I found this week that I could no longer access a Web site I'd
    used for the past several months; the error message indicated that I needed to
    update my Flash Player. I have tried installing Flash Player 8.0.22 without
    success; I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the Flash Player test
    site (and the Web site I need to access!) still indicate my installation has
    been unsuccessful. I have both IE and Safari loaded; both ran FlashPlayer 7
    without difficulties; both have Enable Plugins checked in the Preferences.

    Help! What do I do now? Please--could you post more comprehensive
    troubleshooting help here or on the support site itself???

    jaeger92 Guest

  10. #10

    I've installed Flash Player 8 on my Mac running Tiger 10.4.2 and it won't work
    at all on a lot of sites. It acts as if I don't have Flash installed. I've
    tried it in Safari and Internet Explorer with no luck.

    fivepence Guest

  11. #11

    i have the same problem, and it only started after i installed flash player 8
    for safari. it's not a firewall, it's not my internet settings... i think there
    is something flawed with the new player and the way it works with safari,
    because flash content appears just fine in firefox (at least for me)...

    any help appreciated.

    SG

    someguy-72 Guest

  12. #12

    I just created a new topic with instructions in it for how to fix this type of
    problems on a mac: "Flash Player 8 not working on OS 10.4..." I have 10.4, but
    if you have 10.3, it will probably work as well. Here's the direct link to it
    below:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&thre[/url]
    adid=1059307&enterthread=y

    Ben

    Benjamin Diffenderfer Guest

  13. #13

    FLASH Player 8 does`n play the files as Flash Player 7

    Change to Flash Player 7 again and you will see it works OK....... But, ....
    That is a big problem for every programmer.
    Do we have to tell users not to install Flash Player 8, because does not play
    the files as Flash Player 7 ???

    Penate Guest

  14. #14

    I am having the same exact problem as pocket123's 9/15 post except my error
    reads 1008:5,-5000 Access Denied Error. I am running OS 10.3.9 and I ran
    Repair Permissions with Disk Utility to no avail.

    I would be happy to reinstall 7 at this point if it was available for the
    Mac...unfortunately it is only available for other systems.

    I also agree with someguy-72 9/30 post, it is working on Firefox but not
    Safari 1.3.1

    Mr. Wylie pleaZe try again?

    michaelzuccaro1 Guest

  15. #15

    :beer; i, too, have had repeated failure when viewing flash files with fp8.
    after several months and several emails back and forth with a macromedia tech,
    i finally got fp7 to work. alas, several macos/macromedia upgrades and fp7
    stopped working shortly thereafter.

    mm tech: the player may work fine in the lab, but clearly, there is a problem
    with it out in the real world. i, myself, have only the macosx firewall
    enabled. if you are suggesting that i disable it, you are sadly mistaken and
    would suggest that macromedia use other means to fix their problem.

    and, just so you know, i also attempted browsers firefox, explorer, netscape
    and opera ? all with complete and utter failure of flash player 8.

    i would think this would be critical to selling your product, as your site is
    swf-heavy. or, perhaps, because us mac users reprepresent only 3% of your base,
    we simply don't matter that much. hmmm...

    rogue dog Guest