Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player not working on certain sites - Macromedia Flash Player

Hello all... A couple weeks ago I was on a particular site and in another window I went to Youtube. I noticed youtube had a place to click to try their 'new beta version' but when I went to it there was no video-- instead a message saying I either needed the newest flashplayer or had javascript turned off. So I clicked in the box to get the newest flashplayer version and it did install and then the page worked. But when I went back to the other site I had been on, THAT one said I needed the latest ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player not working on certain sites

    Hello all...

    A couple weeks ago I was on a particular site and in another window I went to
    Youtube. I noticed youtube had a place to click to try their 'new beta version'
    but when I went to it there was no video-- instead a message saying I either
    needed the newest flashplayer or had javascript turned off. So I clicked in the
    box to get the newest flashplayer version and it did install and then the page
    worked. But when I went back to the other site I had been on, THAT one said I
    needed the latest player and I clicked again and something installed and then
    that page worked but when I went back to youtube the 'Beta' page was again
    missing the videos.

    So I did a fresh uninstall/reinstall, but still Youtubes beta page insisted
    that I needed the 'newest' flashplayer. Finally I tried disabling my Norton,
    and voila, the beta pages worked! But whenever I restarted my computer I would
    again have to disable Norton in order to view these pages, so I gave up and
    went back to using regular youtube. I was concerned about having my security
    disabled and to be honest around the same time as all this started happening I
    also started suddenly suffering from page freezes where I am now forced to
    restart my computer at least 3 times a day-- I don't recall this computer EVER
    freezing on me in the two years I've had it!!

    Now today, I'm on eBay and notice on an auction that there is a box that
    should be showing a slideshow but is not, and tells me I need flashplayer in
    order to view it. Again-- I have Flash player successfully installed- as a
    matter of fact if I go to the Adobe test page it confirms it. So what on Earth
    is going on here?? How can I get these pages to work and recognize the player I
    have and be compatible with it? I tried adding youtube in my Norton as an
    accepted site, but don't know if it was in the right or only list. And could
    this new flash version possibly be the cause of my freezing computer?? Please
    help!

    Medusa Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash player not working on certain sites

    PS- I have windows XP-- I think it is the Pro version...
    Medusa Guest

  3. #3

    Darren, I tried to email you but the message got bounced-- please help :o)
    Medusa Guest

  4. #4

    It's an IE problem by the looks of things. I'm getting Flash in Opera and Safari.
    poi000 Guest

  5. #5

    Thanx but actually I'm most often using Firefox... and I am getting Flash on some pages and not others is the weird thing
    Medusa Guest

  6. #6

    Okay- this is getting more fun-- I just system restored to a month ago because
    my computer froze up 5 times withing 15 minutes earlier today. Then I
    uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox because I noticed it was listed twice in my
    add and remove programs area. Now I go to youtube to see if by some miracle the
    beta page is working-- well not only did it not work, but now, even if I
    disable Norton, it STILL doesn't work, where as before that did make the videos
    show up. I'd really appreciate some help...

    Medusa Guest

  7. #7

    Thanx anyway-- loaded a new version of Norton today- youtube magically working without me doing anything else...
    Medusa Guest