Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player Not Working - Macromedia Flash Player

Can anyone help me. I'm using Mozilla 5.0 and every time I try to download a movie trailer or whatever, the Q comes up nd then tears up with a broken film strip in the background. I've tried uninstalling the Flash Player but it does not want to begin the uninstall precess. I'm assuming I cant install Flsshplayer 9 without uninstalling whatever is there now. I have tried to uninstall Quicktime so that it will reinstall.. but it tells me that uninstalling the entire program could cause problems with other programs. At this point I am totally confused. I have ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player Not Working

    Can anyone help me. I'm using Mozilla 5.0 and every time I try to download a
    movie trailer or whatever, the Q comes up nd then tears up with a broken film
    strip in the background. I've tried uninstalling the Flash Player but it does
    not want to begin the uninstall precess. I'm assuming I cant install
    Flsshplayer 9 without uninstalling whatever is there now. I have tried to
    uninstall Quicktime so that it will reinstall.. but it tells me that
    uninstalling the entire program could cause problems with other programs.
    At this point I am totally confused. I have been trying to solve this problem
    for weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank You

    Edman222

    edman222 Guest

  2. #2

    I have a new computer running WIndows Vista and the Flash Player does not seem
    to working - when I went to the download center to try to see if I needed to
    install the player again I could not even see the download now button, not to
    mention not seeing able to see videos or play certain games on other websites.
    The odd thing is that the person I share my computer with has no problems with
    the flash player on his session, and neither of us has done very much on the
    computer since it is barely a week old. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

    chrisrou Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Flash Player not working

    Try to uninstall flash player, just google uninstall flash player.

    When uninstalled, go to download center and check agail!!!
    070edited Guest

  4. #4

    Flash Player Not Working, not able to use product.
    JacobsBIGJoe Guest

  5. #5

    My Flash player does not work, probably hasn't worked for a month now. I have
    two computers and on one of them it works fine, but on this one it won't do
    anything. I've tried EVERYTHING!!!! I have read through multiple threads and
    tried ALL the suggestions but to no avail. I've even tried e-mailing Darren
    twice and have gotten no response. I'm running XP Home Edition, I've tried to
    uninstall and reinstall and my HKEYCLASSESROOT thing is blank. I've even tried
    that SubiAcl thing but it still didn't work. If anyone can help me I would be
    greatly appreciated. Thank You.

    orangecam08 Guest

  6. #6

    I am in the same boat, but going on2 months with out the player. The only
    difference is now, after i have unistalled flash again, when i try to reinstall
    it looks like it is going to work then all of a sudden i am thrown back to the
    first page that asks you to click on the install button. Can someone please
    help us!

    cardiomel Guest

  7. #7

    :confused; I have a set-up CD for my new smart phone that apparently requires
    Flash Player to run at all. When I launch the CD I get the message:
    "The Getting Started Disc requires Adobe Flash Player version 8.0 or later. To
    download the latest version of Flash Player go to... (here it gives the Adobe
    web site for Flash Player)
    I went to Adobe.com and found that I already have Flash Player. Over the
    course of trying to work out this problem, I have un-installed and re-installed
    Flash Player. It works fine with the images on the Adobe web site, but I can
    still not run this CD.

    Any suggestions?

    pyrobill Guest

  8. #8

    [q]Originally posted by: rtheyalltaken
    This worked for me. http://www.softwarepatch.com/network-security/flashdownload-security.html
    [/q]

    This worked for me, FINALLY!!!
    orangecam08 Guest

  9. #9

    Also having this problem as are about at least 10 other people, I have the
    latest adobe flash player 9 installed on my laptop and desktop and still
    getting the same problem.

    I'm guessing its a HTC phone installation disc, mines the s710.

    Only thing i havent tried is getting my hands on a version of flash 8 rather
    than flash 9, and seeing if that fixes the problem.

    x9sim9 Guest

  10. #10

    I had the same problem with my Q. But x9sim9 had the right idea. I installed
    Adobe Flash 8 and it worked. You can find old versions of Flash here:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266
    Choose 8, download and unzip, and open the readme to choose the right file...I
    used the latest version.

    zoltartheinvincible Guest

  11. #11

    haha problem solved, go to google, and search for download flash player 9, when
    you find one of the files download it and install it, it will solve the
    problem. (dont download the one that is on adobe site) the file is like a
    installation file not like the one on abode site.

    FireDragonMaster Guest

  12. #12

    I have successfully installed Flash Player version 9 0 47 0 but when I go to
    http://www.gce2000.com/index_movie.htm, a site that interests me, the movie
    will not play. I have an XP machine. Any ideas? Thank you,

    Dale F.

    Dale Guest

  13. #13

    :confused;
    Hi-
    I have a Mac, OS 10.4.10, Power PC running Firefox 2.0.0.7 and/or Safari
    3.0.3. I have installed Flash Player and received the message that
    installation was successful, but it fails to work. Someone once told me that
    maybe it has to do with the disc permissions, so I used the permissions repair
    utility. "Flash Player" cam up a lot in the repair log yet still does not
    work. I live in Greece where technical / software support for Macs is
    virtually unheard of as they are not very common here.
    Help!

    Thanking you in advance for any assistance-
    Kristine
    P.S. I don't know if it is related, but my AOL application software does not
    work properly either - it will let me view AOL content but won't link to the web

    krismmp Guest

  14. #14

    I doubt that the AOL thing is related..

    Can you be more specific about 'fails to work'? Do you get any particular error or behavior?
    BWolfe Guest

  15. #15

    When I go to youtube the videos won't play. They just stop at 2 sec. And the
    same with flash sites. They just stop. I tried to open a .swf file I made and
    it's the same problem, stops at the 2nd frame or so. What can I do?

    Bober1987 Guest