Professional Web Applications Themes

flash player saying installed but doesnt work - Macromedia Flash Player

i have a toshiba laptop with internet explorer 6 and its an xp machine basically some websites that need flash redirect me to the adobe flash player site and i click install and it installs. then an animation plays when its successfully installed but then when i go back to the website that requires flash...flash doesnt work! im going crazzy now cos no-one knows what to do. any suggestions. any???? xx...

  1. #1

    Default flash player saying installed but doesnt work

    i have a toshiba laptop with internet explorer 6 and its an xp machine

    basically some websites that need flash redirect me to the adobe flash player
    site and i click install and it installs.

    then an animation plays when its successfully installed

    but then when i go back to the website that requires flash...flash doesnt work!

    im going crazzy now cos no-one knows what to do.

    any suggestions. any???? xx

    buymeabmw Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: flash player saying installed but doesnt work

    Hi buy

    Make sure you are allowing cookies and also that your security settings are set to default.
    Lisme Guest

  3. #3

    could you be a bit more specific?
    buymeabmw Guest

  4. #4

    Well, first of all you might want to get IE7. Just go to filehippo.com. In any
    case, go to start>control panel>internet options. Go to the security tab and
    set the internet zone to default>apply. Then go to the privacy tab and click on
    sites. Make sure the website is allowed to set cookies. Then set the cookie
    slider to medium or medium-high. This internet options screen is different for
    IE6 and IE7, so your buttons may vary slightly from mine since I have IE7.
    Really, IE7 is better in my opinion and your favorites will carry over.

    Lisme Guest

  5. #5

    er ok so i went to that hippo website u told me about and i downloaded flash
    from there. and it works.

    i spent hours on the phone to my laptop tech guys and they didnt have a clue
    what to do

    so thanks a billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x

    buymeabmw Guest

  6. #6

    You're welcome. The one you got is called a standalone installer. It sometimes works better than the automatic one.
    Lisme Guest

  7. #7

    God Damn!
    I did all you said...
    I even download it from that website and still it download but when i got back
    on the website, it's telling me to download Flash Player Media...
    Stupid but still... I don't see the info bar that suppost to appear on the top
    of the window...
    I have a PC Pent 4 w/ Wind XP Pro and I just change my MotherCard...
    Can someone help me...

    babyaly Guest

  8. #8

    I know you know what you're doing, but you installed it after you downloaded it, right? I know this is a stupid question.
    Lisme Guest

  9. #9

    http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

    did u go to the above site and click on download latest version beside the green arrow.

    thats what i done and it worked fine,

    i HATE adobe
    buymeabmw Guest