Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player Shuts down IE and Firefox - Macromedia Flash Player

I am running XP home SP2, IE7 and even downloaded the latest version of Firefox. Whenever I visit a webpage that uses Flash, I get an error message that says "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Flash9.ocx was running while the problem occurred" In Firefox, it says that "an add-on has performed an illegal operation" Sometimes I can get througn 5 minutes of web-surfing, but the problem always happens again. I had it with IE6, so I upgraded to IE7 thinking that would work, but still get the problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player Shuts down IE and Firefox

    I am running XP home SP2, IE7 and even downloaded the latest version of
    Firefox. Whenever I visit a webpage that uses Flash, I get an error message
    that says "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    Flash9.ocx was running while the problem occurred"

    In Firefox, it says that "an add-on has performed an illegal operation"

    Sometimes I can get througn 5 minutes of web-surfing, but the problem always
    happens again. I had it with IE6, so I upgraded to IE7 thinking that would
    work, but still get the problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
    but it still happens.

    I am at a loss--thanks for your input.

    plkjwebb Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player Shuts down IE and Firefox

    I am have the exact same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled also. The only problem with that is when I try to re-install IE dies then as well!.

    Hopefully we can get some help!

    cwiffy Guest

  3. #3

    I am having similar problems with Flash. If I install Flash Player for
    Internet Explorer, then install Flash Player for Firefox, I can't get the
    Internet Explorer version to work anymore. I have to completely uninstall and
    wipe out the registry, then repeat the process. Is there a way for Flash
    Player to work on both browsers correctly? I prefer using Firefox, but some
    websites will not work right so I have to use IE on occasion.

    michael95376 Guest

  4. #4

    I have been having the exact same problem with flash causing all browsers to
    crash. I have tried IE 6 & 7, Firefox, netscape, I've uninstalled and
    reinstalled flash, and all the browsers and even completly re-installed the
    operating system. I tried flash 8 & 9 nothing has stopped it. I've been chasing
    this problem for months. I have to leave flash disabled.

    scottyatnissan Guest

  5. #5

    Try This,
    Go to control panel, find the flash player icon, open it up and look for the "do not check for updates" and uncheck it.

    It worked for me.
    Unregistered Guest