Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player - Terminal Server/Remote Desktop - Macromedia Flash Player

I am running Windows Server 2003. When I login directly as administrator, I can install Flash Player from the Adobe website. Then when I login via Remote Desktop as administrator, Flash Player is detected and works in IE. However, when I login via Remote Desktop as a regular user, Flash Player is not detected. I believe the problem is that I have to install Flash Player from the Control Panel->Add/Remote Program. To do this, I need a setup.exe file for Flash Player. Do you know where I can one? Thanks in advance....

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player - Terminal Server/Remote Desktop

    I am running Windows Server 2003. When I login directly as administrator, I
    can install Flash Player from the Adobe website. Then when I login via Remote
    Desktop as administrator, Flash Player is detected and works in IE. However,
    when I login via Remote Desktop as a regular user, Flash Player is not
    detected. I believe the problem is that I have to install Flash Player from
    the Control Panel->Add/Remote Program. To do this, I need a setup.exe file for
    Flash Player. Do you know where I can one? Thanks in advance.

    cybersmooth Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player - Terminal Server/Remote Desktop

    while no users are on, and before you install open a command prompt and type

    change user /install

    run you install but before you reboot type

    change user /execute

    (this is how it was done before there was wizards)

    ajgalbraith98 Guest

  3. #3

    The change user (/install & /exchange) looking promising. Unfortunately, it
    did not work. I checked the IE Manage Add-On's option. When I remote desktop
    in as the Administrator, I see the Shockwave Flash Object loaded in IE.
    However, when I remote desktop in as a regular user, I do not see the Shockwave
    Flash Object loaded in IE. For comparison, with regards to Acrobat Reader, I
    see it in both instances. So I am still looking for help...

    cybersmooth Guest

  4. #4

    I am encountering the same issue with flash on Terminal Server 2003. Flash
    works in the Administrator profile but no Domain User can install Flash to IE
    on the terminal server. The web istallation fails at the point that flash is
    trying to install an ActiveX control with the common "Administrator must
    install" error. I've not been able to find a Flash download for local
    installation. I've applied for the free license for redistribution, so we'll
    see if that helps get to a real program.

    Sidenote to Adobe; Please dump the ActiveX controls, this was never an issue
    before you bought Flash and started messing around with it.

    peteweird Guest

  5. #5

    At least I am not alone. Let me know how the free license for distribution works out.
    cybersmooth Guest

  6. #6

    Did you get an answer to your issue. I'm running into the same problem. I use
    the "change user /install.../execute" prompt when I install things on my
    Terminal Server but still not fixed...
    Please help

    sprocketstall Guest

  7. #7

    No. I have not heard back. I am waiting to see if peteweird finds out anything.
    cybersmooth Guest

  8. #8

    Hi, you could always try downloading one of the archived installers from here

    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2

    Hope this helps someone.
    BEScon Guest

  9. #9

    Still nothing. This is getting annoying. I wish Adobe would do something about
    this. I have had this issue forever it seems. I might try to use some older
    versions of Flash but then I know already that I will have some problems with
    some of the websites that the terminal server users access. Doesn't seem worth
    the time and effort. I have also sent in a case file but have not heard back.
    Not cool.
    Well if anyone hears anything or if I figure something out lets stay in touch
    on this.
    Thanks to everyone that cares.

    sprocketstall Guest

  10. #10

    No go on the free distribution... I am REALLY lovin' Adobe on this one.

    We tried the fix ajgalbraith98 suggests via RDP (no users on the system)
    without luck. We then tried it from the console and suddenly a random few users
    could access flash. Unfortunately for Adobe I don't consider this a fix.

    Next we are going to try killing a user profile and rebuilding it from
    scratch. That'll make a happy customer for sure...

    peteweird Guest

  11. #11

    [q]Originally posted by: peteweird
    No go on the free distribution... I am REALLY lovin' Adobe on this one.

    We tried the fix ajgalbraith98 suggests via RDP (no users on the system)
    without luck. We then tried it from the console and suddenly a random few users
    could access flash. Unfortunately for Adobe I don't consider this a fix.

    Next we are going to try killing a user profile and rebuilding it from
    scratch. That'll make a happy customer for sure...[/q]

    Yep I've done the same but you have a few more users that can access flash!!
    I wish Adobe would get on the F*%&ing ball.

    sprocketstall Guest

  12. #12

    I have solved this issue by changing the permissons to "READ" for everyone on
    the two registry keys below. (Ensure it is ted to the child objects.)

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}]

    Next time the users login, it works.
    By default, EVERYONE is denied. Hence the error.

    Terminal Guest

  13. #13

    This is the solution that worked for me. Thanks so muchTerminal Server Tech.
    You are a life saver!!!
    [q]Originally posted by: Terminal Server Tech
    I have solved this issue by changing the permissons to "READ" for everyone on
    the two registry keys below. (Ensure it is ted to the child objects.)

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}]
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D27CDB6B-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}]

    Next time the users login, it works.
    By default, EVERYONE is denied. Hence the error.

    [/q]

    sprocketstall Guest

  14. #14

    Guys,

    It worked. Thank you.
    WinBlackjack Guest

  15. #15

    On Jul 10, 9:38 am, "sprocketstall" <com>
    wrote:

    That did it! Thanks!

    peteweird@gmail.com Guest