Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash player won't work on my half of the XP - Macromedia Flash Player

My wife and I have a Dell Dimension E510 running Windows XP2/SP2 and Internet Explorer. We set it up so that each of us is a seperate user. My sister sent me a video Christmas card that first took me to the Flash plug-in download. I followed the instructions and it said it was successfully downloaded, yet trying to view the card kept sending me back to the Flash plug-in site. I mentioned it to my wife and she said that she,too, had downloaded the latest Flash and it work fine for her. Sure enough, running the card from her ...

  1. #1

    Default Flash player won't work on my half of the XP

    My wife and I have a Dell Dimension E510 running Windows XP2/SP2 and Internet
    Explorer. We set it up so that each of us is a seperate user.
    My sister sent me a video Christmas card that first took me to the Flash
    plug-in download. I followed the instructions and it said it was successfully
    downloaded, yet trying to view the card kept sending me back to the Flash
    plug-in site.
    I mentioned it to my wife and she said that she,too, had downloaded the latest
    Flash and it work fine for her. Sure enough, running the card from her side of
    the machine was no problem.
    So, the problem seems to be this: Flash Player 9 is definitely installed, but
    items run under my settings don't seem to recognize it. What am I going to have
    to change to make it work?

    wombat1417 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash player won't work on my half of the XP

    Hi
    I have exactly the same problem,with a 2nd user and can find no answer anywhere
    can view the likes of utube etc, but nothing on myspace
    Adobe test player page says it is not installed, but when you click install it
    says it is
    Going round in circles now , have uninstalled , with proper uninstaller but
    results are the same
    anyone have the same problem or a cure
    thanks

    steve

    stevew1 Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, having had this problem for months have found a solution that workrd for
    me, dont i=understand it, but it worked

    delete flash player using the uninstaller, and reboot
    check all files deleted in that user
    do the same for the second user, and reboot

    install flash player in the 2nd user admin account, i used a dowloaded version
    and saved on comp rather than doing it on line

    this all worked for me , hope it helps

    would like to know if it did

    steve

    stevew1 Guest

  4. #4

    I have had a similar problem but with only one user account. Here is
    what I did to solve the problem

    First, just to double check, open up the Control Panel thru the Start
    button and go to the "Add or Remove Programs" item. Browse through the
    list of programs to make sure you have Flash Player already installed.
    Open up IE and under the Tools menu bar select the Internet Options
    menu pick.
    Select the Programs tab and click on the Manage Add-ons button.
    Change the drop-down menu so that it says "Add-ons currently loaded in
    Internet Explorer". IF you see the Shockwave Flash Object's
    status as disable, select the Shockwave item in the list and in the
    Settings group box below click the Enable radio button.
    Then click OK on this dialog box and on all previous dialog boxes.
    Close all IE browsers, bring up an IE browsesr and hit a web site that
    you know has some flash media on it to make sure the changes
    worked.

    I did all of these steps and it worked for me. I don't know how this
    got disabled in the first place.

    -- Joe
    anon06@comcast.net Guest