Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player won't download from anywhere! - Macromedia Flash Player

Just rebuilt PC from scratch - Win XP SP2. IE7. Avast AV. Will not download the flash player from Adobe site or any mirrors. Adobe site just hangs on the web page after clicking the download option. Pops up (inc toolbars) are off. Mirrors (ZDNET) start downloading but speed drops to less than 1Kb/s and eventually stop! Is this something with a recent Microsoft update? Been through the Forums. Tried the SubinACL option. I last rebuilt the PC about 6 months ago and there was no problem downloading then! Any help gratefully received!! Chris...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player won't download from anywhere!

    Just rebuilt PC from scratch - Win XP SP2. IE7. Avast AV. Will not download the
    flash player from Adobe site or any mirrors. Adobe site just hangs on the web
    page after clicking the download option. Pops up (inc toolbars) are off.
    Mirrors (ZDNET) start downloading but speed drops to less than 1Kb/s and
    eventually stop! Is this something with a recent Microsoft update? Been through
    the Forums. Tried the SubinACL option. I last rebuilt the PC about 6 months ago
    and there was no problem downloading then! Any help gratefully received!!
    Chris

    ridcully Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player won't download from anywhere!

    Do you have problems downloading anything else? If you like, I can host it on my server and you can download?
    Chris4uk Guest

  3. #3

    No. Things like windows updates are fine and updates to other programs too.
    Adobe Reader installed fine too. It's just the flash player. I've turned off my
    Avast AV but still the webpage just stops after I click on the Install Now
    button. Status bar shows: "Waiting for
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/flash/trigger/en/1/index.html" and
    thats all. I'm going to check the Avast forums to see if there is anything
    there.
    Chris

    ridcully Guest

  4. #4

    Nothing in the Avast forums. So if you could host the file for me I can try downloading it there.
    Thanks
    Chris
    ridcully Guest

  5. #5

    cant get it ro download
    honeyandhotmama2 Guest

  6. #6

    Anyone know where I can desacrgar flash payler 9 free. Please
    angealp Guest

  7. #7

    i am having the exact same problem! can anyone help?!
    CanoeSamba Guest

  8. #8

    I have Vista if that makes a difference?
    CanoeSamba Guest

  9. #9

    Hi everyone, I got same problem, had the PC formatted and when it comes to
    installing Flash Player it gives me an error and see webpage :
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166_fr . This page doesn't exist. If someone can
    help please...
    Thanks

    Linda_I Guest

  10. #10

    For users having trouble with the download page, a zipped up EXE version of the
    latest installer is available in this technote:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

    Linda_l... we're aware of that problem with the incorrect technote link in the
    error message. The correct link is above. We're working on fixing it.

    BWolfe Guest

  11. #11

    That link loads version 47, not version 115
    knightstorm Guest

  12. #12

    Grrr. That was supposed to have been fixed. I will ping the necessary parties again. Please try again tomorrow.
    BWolfe Guest

  13. #13

    I ended up using google to find the full msi installer. My problem seems to be related to the way in which adobe updates work (or don't) work through our ISA server proxy server/firewall.
    knightstorm Guest

  14. #14

    When I try to install Flash Player 9 from
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/flash/trigger/en/2/index.html, I get
    the error message that "Unable to authenticate installer". What may be the
    cause of Problem? I'm using Windows XP SP1, XP SP2 and Windows Vista. I've same
    problem in each machine.

    Jatin Guest

  15. #15

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone has found a fix to this whole download
    problem... I have been redirected to adobe.com/go/tn_19166 as well have done
    everything that it told me to do....still no flash player. I can't get any of
    my pages to run. If anyone has a ion I would be sooo grateful..... MERRY
    CHRISTMAS TO ALL

    she_celt Guest

  16. #16

    I have tried installing Flash Player 9 tonight and I even called the Dell
    Support desk and are wanting to reload my entire computer. I have EI with
    Vista and can not get it work. This is so inconvinient, it was work before up
    until recently. Can someone at Adobe explain what we can do to resolve this
    problem?

    Thanks

    Rob

    robbdufour01 Guest

  17. #17

    Hi All,

    If you are getting an error when attempting to install the ActiveX version of
    Flash Player 9.0.115.0 it may be due to incorrect permissions. We have been
    using the following instructions to resolve these permission issues.

    Please download the following to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop***

    2. Close out all applications
    3. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    4. It will open a DOS like terminal
    5. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    6. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Darren Guest

  18. #18

    Hello, I encountered the same problem and I tried to solve this issue according
    to your instruction. However, I couldn't do that.
    I have trouble with this step.
    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Also, I am using IE explore right now.

    [q]Originally posted by: Darren McNally - Adobe
    Hi All,

    If you are getting an error when attempting to install the ActiveX version of
    Flash Player 9.0.115.0 it may be due to incorrect permissions. We have been
    using the following instructions to resolve these permission issues.

    Please download the following to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop***

    2. Close out all applications
    3. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    4. It will open a DOS like terminal
    5. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    6. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer[/q]

    sunzj Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: sunzj
    Hello, I encountered the same problem and I tried to solve this issue
    according to your instruction. However, I couldn't do that.
    I have trouble with this step.
    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Also, I am using IE explore right now.

    [/q]

    Please explain in more detail and I'll try to help you.

    Darren Guest

  20. #20

    Darren,
    Thanks for trying to help, but a lot of us here have tried every instruction
    on this site to no avail. Shame on Adobe for not fixing this bug! I think if
    your clients knew about this outage especially around the holidays, you
    wouldn't have very many clients. I, for one, am going to make sure that every
    time I'm unable to view a flash advertisement or other app the host site is
    made aware of this negligence.

    CanoeSamba Guest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast