Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player wont install! - Macromedia Flash Player

I am still trying to just get Flash to actually download! This problem for me started just a few days ago. When I go to a site (and there are many ~ disney, ikea, etc) that says I need the latest version of Flash, I click on download, it shows "download successful", but when I go back to any of those sites, I get the same message that I need the latest version of Flash!! I've tried so many of the things I've found in these forums and none work. By the way DO NOT upgrade to the latest version ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Flash Player wont install!

    I am still trying to just get Flash to actually download! This problem for me
    started just a few days ago. When I go to a site (and there are many ~ disney,
    ikea, etc) that says I need the latest version of Flash, I click on download,
    it shows "download successful", but when I go back to any of those sites, I get
    the same message that I need the latest version of Flash!! I've tried so many
    of the things I've found in these forums and none work. By the way DO NOT
    upgrade to the latest version of Windows thinking that will help as someone
    suggested. It took at least a half hour, I hate it, and it didn't help at all
    with this problem. To "Paul" in Flash Engineering who I noticed responded to
    another Flash issue (crashing): Could you please also let those of us who can't
    get it to install at all know what to do? I'm not real computer savvy, just a
    housewife wanting to get back to being able to surf the net, so please keep it
    simple. Thank you.

    Nanaplace Guest

  2. #22

    [q]Originally posted by: Wondering888
    Hi WindShadow

    U mentioned reinstalling Flash Player 7.
    May I know where I could download it?
    Thanks.
    Your help would be most appreciated.

    [/q]

    You can DL the older versions of Flash Player here:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14266[/url]

    WindShadow75 Guest

  3. #23

    Problem is solved for me ~ yay! Don't know if this will help others since there
    seem to be a lot of different problems going on, but... I was starting to
    contact Customer Support and clicked on Flash Player as what I was having
    trouble with and they had a list of current problems and solutions that had a
    link that uninstalled any Flash Players already on my computer, then I went to
    their home page and clicked on Download Flash (praying, since I'd downloaded it
    a dozen times before without success) and it actually installed this time. So,
    just letting any of you who can't even get it to install know that this
    worked.:grin;

    Nanaplace Guest

  4. #24

    damn it, still not working...thats it, i give up
    ReeVeS1881 Guest

  5. #25

    ReeVeS, I wonder if your Explorer settings are causing the problem...A
    longshot, but go into your I.Explorer, click Tools, then Internet Options, then
    Advanced. Restore defaults, and see if that helps.
    And would everybody who reads this Forum please notify Microsoft- and every
    site which uses Flashplayer- and let them know why so many of us cannot view
    their media!!!! That might be the only way- and last resort- to get Adobe's
    attention!!!!

    delagare Guest

  6. #26

    [q]Originally posted by: ReeVeS1881
    damn it, still not working...thats it, i give up[/q]

    Thats why i ended up having to format.... which in turn caused other
    problems.....
    It works now though, but i'm now using ancient flash
    :evil; :mad;

    mrselnombre Guest

  7. #27

    Thanks Windshadow,
    Still a no go.

    Anyway, appreciate your effortt unlike ADOBE !!!!

    Ok real off will post in seperate entry.

    Thanks again.
    Wondering888 Guest

  8. #28

    WHAT THE F---K IS ADOBE UP ??????????

    With all this "" & the technical support is still sleeping on it ??????

    Anyway, I know I 'm not gonna get any help. So be it !!!

    But one thing for sure, I'm gonna highlight to Microsoft how ADOBE is
    'ing' MS Internet Explorer upside down !!!!!

    Give UP !!!!!!

    Wondering888 Guest

  9. #29

    Thought I would add to this mess. Flash randomly stopped working on my last
    night. I checked my security, uninstalled, reinstalled, and am getting the same
    errors as ReeVes.
    ReeVes, have you heard anything back from Adobe?

    Drm1redsox Guest

  10. #30

    Wanted to chime in .. out of no where I all of a sudden have the same issues as
    described in this forum. I have tried everthing suggested here and more but
    with no success.. Is the version 9 flash player available as a download versus
    a direct install? I'd like to try that as an option after doing all the
    necessary clean up to see if that might help.. I'm at a total loss and have
    seen this same topic and frustration in multiple on-line forums. I'm a Road
    Runner user and I can no longer look at their web page, my weather.com drives
    me crazy asking to install flash player, which of course can;t be done...
    Solution P L E A S E ..

    Lou9999 Guest

  11. #31

    I was able to solve the problem. I will list the steps I took, but I warn you
    one of the steps deals with a registry editing program, so back up your
    important files before proceeding.

    1. Uninstall any flash player you have using the adobe uninstall tool found
    here:
    [url]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.ex[/url]
    e I saved this to my desktop instead of running it straight from the web.

    2. Ran the Active X installer found here:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie[/url] Once again I saved to my
    desktop and ran it from there.

    3. Return to the adobe site and attempt to install player. Check the
    add/remove programs list, if Flash is present go to step 5. If file is not
    present go to step 4.

    4. Went to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash and clicked the file
    GetFlash.exe. Installed Flash, went to add/remove and found flash was on the
    list.

    5. Used this registry editing program found here
    [url]http://www.donglefree.com/toppage1.htm[/url] Restarted my computer after following
    the steps listed on the Registry Editor site and then flash worked again.

    Hope this works for all of you as well. I had the same problem many of you
    discussed (randomly flash didn't work) and had the same screenshots that ReeVes
    had. Remember that editing your registry is risky. I backed up all my important
    files before I ran the program, but I didn't have any problems with it.

    Drm1redsox Guest

  12. #32

    The problem from Picuture 2 is what i had. And sometimes a little gear with a
    yellow exclamation point would show up on the IE status bar telling me to check
    my IE add-ons. I could not get rid of it just showing the " where the flash
    was supposed to show. If i went to a site that used flash (youtube), it would
    tell me to install flash player.

    I tried downloading the flash player installer manually and resetting the
    permission on my registry. Uninstalling and reinstalling in a variety of
    different ways and various other stuff (security and privacy settings for IE)
    for hours over two days. Nothing worked- - it still did the same thing.

    Then I came across [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html[/url].
    On this page there is this download
    "Download the Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for
    IE) (EXE, 1.18 MB) ". Simply by installing this debugger fixed the issue on
    two computers I had. The other computer I never did anything to for trying to
    fix the flash player. I only installed this debugger and it worked. The adobe
    site confirmation and videos on youtube now play flash content. Im not saying
    it will work for all, but it worked for me and Im glad that nightmare is over.
    One more thing to try - cant hurt.

    When going to adobe to install flash player, the security warning is working
    how it should. That is not the problem. When you right click on it and tell
    it to install that Active X control and the installation fails is the problem.

    Concerning Picture 3, I never incurred that.

    NickFuser Guest

  13. #33

    I have resolved my frustrations by installing Mozilla Firefox... Flash Player installed with zippo issues and all works fine!..... bye bye IE....
    Lou9999 Guest

  14. #34

    :grin; I have read with interest the posts from everyone else having this same
    problem with Flash Player and IE that I was having

    What worked for me was a suggestion I got off this board -- Dump IE and
    download Mozilla Firefox.
    It takes just a few minutes, and the problem is
    solved. It was far easier that all the BS I've gone through the last week
    trying to get IE to work right. Oh, and the Firefox browser works great. Wish I
    would have done it sooner.

    LoriNis Guest

  15. #35

    Hey all-
    I have tried, without success to get Flash 8 installed on my MAC. Adobe has
    really messed up with Flash 9. Maybe they are doing this, so that in the very
    near future when you intsall Flash 10, a pop appears and says, "Please enter
    your credit card number." This is unreal. I had Flash 8 on my MAC and it worked
    fine. I uninstalled it (as per the ADOBE instructions) and now it is gone for
    good. Flash 7, 8 and 9 wont install. Maybe ADOBE fired all of the techs and
    only have sales reps left. I am so frustrated, it is not even funny. What the
    hell is going on with you Adobe? Maybe this needs to made more public than it
    already is....

    filmscorz Guest

  16. #36

    I have had this problem with the Flash Player for over a month now and I was
    just about ready to give up. I FINALLY got it to work using the solution that
    Drm1redsox posted. This was the only thing that worked for me. Thank you SOOOOO
    much Drm1redsox. You have made my day!!!!
    :smile;

    Mtravers1 Guest

  17. #37

    Your best bet would be to download Mozilla FireFox Browser because it all works fine on it
    Adobe is a POS Guest

  18. #38

    Honestly I have been dealing with this problem for months now and the only
    solution I found was that it works great in Mozilla Fire Fox, which you can
    download for free and is much better than Internet Explorer in many ways
    anyway.

    Adobe is a POS Guest

  19. #39

    Can't thank you enough, only thing that worked !

    Must have tried the Adobe fix over 100 times

    Many thanks again
    JohnB111 Guest

  20. #40

    [q]Originally posted by: Drm1redsox
[...]

    files before I ran the program, but I didn't have any problems with it.[/q]

    Can't thank you enough, only thing that worked !

    Must have tried the Adobe fix over 100 times

    Many thanks again

    JohnB111 Guest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast