Professional Web Applications Themes

Flash Player wont install! - Macromedia Flash Player

please help. ive tryed everything i can think of but my flash player wont install. I went to the main site and tryed downloading it but it ended up like this: Picture1 then quickly turns into this: Picture2 i tryed downloading the standalone version so i didnt have to install through the browser and yet it turned into this: Picture3 please help!...

  1. #1

    Default Flash Player wont install!

    please help. ive tryed everything i can think of but my flash player wont
    install. I went to the main site and tryed downloading it but it ended up like
    this:

    Picture1

    then quickly turns into this:

    Picture2
    i tryed downloading the standalone version so i didnt have to install through
    the browser and yet it turned into this:

    Picture3

    please help!

    ReeVeS1881 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Flash Player wont install!

    Turn off your Google Pop-up Blocker. Looks like you have it enabled. Also,
    check your Explorer Pop-up Blocker- make sure you allow Adobe/Macromedia. If
    you're running a firewall, make sure you allow Adobe, and when you see the
    flashing bar from Explorer, check "allow".
    Hope that helps.

    delagare Guest

  3. #3

    i did what you asked, but still did the same thing. For some reason i dont get the pop-up from explorer with the Security Warning.
    ReeVeS1881 Guest

  4. #4

    In your Internet Explorer Browser, click on "Tools" ( at top, upper left), then
    click on "Pop up Blocker", then "Pop up Blocker Settings"> "Address of web
    sites to allow", type in [url]www.adobe.com[/url] [url]www.adobeflashplayer.com[/url] and
    [url]www.macromedia.com[/url]
    That should allow those sites and enable you to install.

    Also, I wonder if you don't already have flashplayer installed. Check your
    "Add or Remove Programs" accessed from your control panel. Also, check the
    Adobe site where you can test if you have Flash installed...I don't have the
    link, but it's easy to find. You can also go to a site which uses Flash
    content...it will help you automatically install, if you don't have it
    already...Try YouTube.com, or google videos, etc.

    Hope this helps

    delagare Guest

  5. #5

    my pop-up blocker is turned off. i checked if flash player 9 was in my
    add/remove progams and it was, so i went back to youtube and it said i didnt
    have it installed even though it was in my add/remove programs. so i deleted
    it, went to install it again through adobe but did the same thing showed in the
    pictures i posted above. Seems like it only installs abit of it but doesnt
    finish

    ReeVeS1881 Guest

  6. #6

    Check the Forums- you will find many with the same issue as yours...And Flash 9
    is a dud- full of bugs.
    I'm not a pro, but this should help:
    Do not run Unstaller from your browser- copy it to your DESKTOP, and run it
    from there. (You must quit all running applications).The link is
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157[/url]. Then, I would advise installing Flash 7 from
    the Archived Flash Player's: [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14266[/url] That you run from
    your Explorer. (I copied it first to my "Favorites" in Explorer, and easily
    accessed it after using the uninstaller.
    If you are not satisfied with Flash 7, just follow the steps above and install
    Flash 8 or 9. Just be aware that there are endless problems with both.
    Hope this solves your problem...Good luck.

    delagare Guest

  7. #7

    I did what delagare said above and it still did not work in Internet Explorer.
    However, I can now view some things in Mozilla FireFox. I have sent another
    email to Adobe. I'll let you know what they say........if they respond.

    sbussineau Guest

  8. #8

    I've tried all of the above too, numerous times. (same problem)

    Flash works fine in firefox, but not in Internet Explorer, i can't get
    incredimail to start either, as it needs flash.
    It was all fine until i upgraded to the new version..
    I'm really unimpressed... :mad;

    mrselnombre Guest

  9. #9

    ReeVes1881, I saw the Java icon in your system tray. Microsoft Java Virtual
    Machine could be causing the registry settings to be off...I for one refuse to
    mess with my registry, especially since I am sure this is a serious ADOBE
    problem which needs to be addressed by Adobe, and not by fooling around with
    Registry's to accomodate a flawed program! Unless you're a pro, do not fool
    around with your registry. Check out
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id_1551#install_win[/url]
    but, proceed with caution...and a grain of salt.
    All of us need to NOTIFY EVERY SITE which uses Flash to alert them as to why
    we cannot view their programs!!!

    delagare Guest

  10. #10

    i sent an email in to adobe, i hope they send some love back
    ReeVeS1881 Guest

  11. #11

    I'm facing the same CRAP problem !!!!
    I'm not gonna repeat what's said below.

    U wanna know the best part? THERE IS NO SUPPORT For FLASH PLAYER INSTALLATION
    ISSUEs COS it's FREEeeee !!!!!!!!

    What's Adobe thinking ???

    AND PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THE CRAP FAQs of uninstalling the existing flash
    player!!! Once done U will lose it for good !!!

    Real off !!

    Wondering888 Guest

  12. #12

    ReeVe --

    Any answers yet?
    pbors Guest

  13. #13

    Flash Player 9 didn't install properly for me either. I got it working by
    installing Flash Player 7, then installing Flash Player 9 (without
    uninstalling). After that, I had to update the registry manually because the
    installer failed to do so.

    Honestly, no one should have to use this technique. Adobe should be able to
    fix the problem, but personally, I got tired of waiting.

    What I don't understand is: The installer for Flash Player 7 updates the
    registry with no problems (that I'm aware of). Why didn't they use the same
    process for Flash Player 8 & 9?

    WindShadow75 Guest

  14. #14

    Hi WindShadow

    U mentioned reinstalling Flash Player 7.
    May I know where I could download it?
    Thanks.
    Your help would be most appreciated.

    Wondering888 Guest

  15. #15

    Here's the link to the Adobe solution:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=4a8d52ae[/url]
    I tried it, and although it's easy to delete the Safe Versions folder, the
    folder keeps coming back, so I must have to do something in addition to save
    the deletion. I'm not familiar with the Registry Editor. Does anyone know how
    to make a deletion permanent?

    Flash Player 9 Emerging Issues
    Last updated: July 21, 2006
    Adobe is aware of the following issues with Adobe Flash Player 9. Issues
    described in this doent may prove to be platform- or system-specific, and
    may not affect all users. Technical support will update this doent as we
    learn more about any of the issues, so check back frequently.

    Flash Player confirmation page shows quotation mark (") after you install
    Flash Player
    Topic update: July 21, 2006
    Issue
    After you complete the installation of the Flash Player ActiveX control in
    Internet Explorer for Windows, the post-installation test page shows a
    quotation mark (") where the test Flash movie should be. When you attempt to
    view other Flash content in Internet Explorer for Windows, you also see this
    missing content icon.

    Reason
    If you previously installed a later version of Flash, you may be prevented
    from reinstalling that same version or an earlier version. For example, if,
    while testing, you installed Flash Player 9,0,16,0, and then removed it,
    further installations of that same version may appear to complete but are not
    functional. This issue can cause the display of a quotation mark (") at the end
    of the installation where the Flash Player confirmation movie should appear.

    Solution

    Warning : The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing
    or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage,
    which may require reinstallation of the operating system. If you are not
    comfortable editing the registry then it's best to take your machine to a
    professional. If you choose to proceed, it is essential to create a complete
    system backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding. Adobe
    Systems cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from this information.

    To test for and resolve this issue:

    Choose Start > Run.
    Type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK to start the Windows Registry
    Editor.
    Navigate to the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer \SafeVersions
    Right-click and delete the folder named Safe Versions.
    Using Internet Explorer for Windows, reinstall Flash Player 9 from the Flash
    Player Download page on the Adobe website at [url]www.adobe.com/go/getFlashPlayer[/url].

    pbors Guest

  16. #16

    Here's where to get Flash 7.0:

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14266[/url]

    It didn't help me becasue the site I was trying to use said I need to use the
    current version of Flash and redirects me to download Flash 9.0.

    pbors Guest

  17. #17

    Man,
    I am telling you...this is getting nuts. I followed the instructions and
    uninstalled Flash 8 and now it is lost for good. I cannot install flash 9 or
    flash 8 for that matter. What is going on? Does anyone know what is happening?
    Are the Adobe tech people reading this? HELP!!

    filmscorz Guest

  18. #18

    Get version 8 and install it

    [url]http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html[/url]

    Unzip the file and open the map Release.
    After this doubleclick on the Install Flash Player 8 ActiveX.msi

    It worked for me after hours of stress.

    melyano Guest

  19. #19

    i had to format my computer to roll back to an older version of flash..... as
    so much of my stuff relies on it.
    I tried everything suggested, and got NOWHERE i couldn't even install older
    versions after attempting to upgrade it to 9

    I'm not a happy bunny.

    Trouble is, now i need a newer version of flash and don't know which one to
    install.

    I think it is disguting that adobe can release something so dodgy and not to
    anything to sort it out... Far too many people are having problems with this.
    Search google and you'll see what i mean. :mad;

    mrselnombre Guest

  20. #20

    I'm not sure installing version 8 is the solution. One site I was trying to
    use, [url]www.metacafe.com[/url], says it needs to use the most recent version and forces
    you to install version 9.

    You would think Microsoft would get smart and would force Adobe to find a
    solution. I'm just going to have to use Mozilla on these sorts of things. It
    works fine.

    Somebody -- please talk to Gates and Ballmer.

    pbors Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast