Professional Web Applications Themes

flash player works on IE but not Firefox, ideas? - Macromedia Flash Player

not sure why, but firefox won't load videos on certain sites where it will on Internet explorer. It detects that i have shockwave and flash players on Firefox, but still can't see anything, just a box where the video should be. Is there a forum on this already? just joined. other than that, not sure what's blocking it....

  1. #1

    Default flash player works on IE but not Firefox, ideas?

    not sure why, but firefox won't load videos on certain sites where it will on
    Internet explorer.
    It detects that i have shockwave and flash players on Firefox, but still can't
    see anything, just a box where the video should be. Is there a forum on this
    already? just joined.
    other than that, not sure what's blocking it.

    trailblayz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: flash player works on IE but not Firefox, ideas?

    This is exactly MY problem. Flash Player has been downloaded and installed in Windows XP, but only works with IE. Have you found a magic bullet solution yet? If so, I'm dying to get it.
    praglen Guest

  3. #3

    A solution is posted here: http://www.yoism.org/?q=node/152#flash
    complbog Guest

  4. #4

    thanks for the link, but after following all the instructions, one part didn't
    work.
    specifically:
    Run Flashplaye8forFF-Version8r42.exe, which will install the Flash Player
    plugin for Firefox.
    basically, when i ran that, it quickly loaded something to the firefox plugins
    list, but nothing was fixed.
    even to view
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_man
    ager05.html
    i had to upgrade, as it didn't find a flash player with the 8forFF version.
    is there a reason why the Flashplayer8forFF set up failed?
    i am using 9 again for the moment hoping to be able to fix it.

    trailblayz Guest

  5. #5

    This may sound dumb, but where did you find: Flashplaye8forFF-Version8r42.exe?
    praglen Guest

  6. #6

    got it from the link, but i also got a version from Adobe's site. some sites still using FF still required an upgrade to flash player 9, but couldn't view video in either case.

    trailblayz Guest

  7. #7

    Trailblayz
    I don't understand this. This is the first such report of the procedure not
    working. What version of Windows are you using? What version of FF are you
    using? Did you follow the instructions to reboot after uninstalling Adobe
    Flash?

    complbog Guest

  8. #8

    I have Windows XP and have installed the newest version of Flash Player from
    the Adobe web site for Flash Player. It installed fine using IE(6.0), but when
    I got the instructions from yoism.org, it told me to
    runFlashplaye8forFF-Version8r42.exe I don't where to get this from, since I
    scoured the Flash Player web site and there is nothing like that. Plust all
    entries,posts, comments in the Flash Player web site make no reference to a
    Flash Player 8. Remember, my problem is basically with Firefox, not with IE.

    praglen Guest

  9. #9

    The solution is found here http://www.yoism.org/?q=node/152#flash

    All the files you need are also found there. You have to unzip the zipped
    files and inside you will find all the files referenced in the instructions.
    Follow the instructions in the order they are presented and the solution should
    work.

    complbog Guest

  10. #10

    I Still can't use flash player 9 for IE, but downloaded and used the uninstall,
    re-started the computer, downloaded and installed firefox, installed flash
    player 8 (from downloads on adobe site) THEN downloaded and installed flash
    player 9-both on firefox. Did NOT uninstall Flash player 8. Guess what, Now I
    can see flash player content on firefox, still can"t use it on IE7 though,
    where I would prefer it. I have windows XP home, SP3, verizon.net.

    Bettyboophume Guest

  11. #11

    With an intermittent problem, whether a solution really works needs to be
    tested extensively. Someone else reported being able to play Flash in FF with
    Flash 9 installed, IF they also had Flash 8 installed. But in that case and in
    yours, was there sufficient testing before the solution was reported? Check
    out this page with FF (it's a page that tends to generate the problem with a
    high frequency, but not always): http://www.yoism.org/?q=node/52#jill

    If repeated testing on that page doesn't crash your ability to play Flash,
    then your solution may really work. What version of Flash does Adobe say you
    have when you visit this page?:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1

    The other problem with IE is probably unrelated to this. Did you reinstall
    Flash for IE? For IE, you have to run the exe program with winax.exe in the
    name.

    complbog Guest